Average Prices for Gt's goin up!!

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Good joke;-) Some people here think that after 80K miles the value will be $300K. Now that's a joke.

see below

Last edited:

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Good joke;-) Some people here think that after 80K miles the value will be $300K. Now that's a joke.

So far I've been right with my projections over the last few months and those predicting over MSRP sales for used cars have been wrong. I'll check back in a few months with more data.

I'm not aware of one single person on this forum (non-dealers) that believes the GT will be worth $300K with over 80,000 miles.

Since you are aware of multiple people on this forum, (having mentioned "some people here think"), can you share a few posts to back up your assertion?

Is there a price point at which you would become a buyer yourself? What is that price point?

Last edited:

STUNTS

FORD GT OWNER & LITTLE TIMMYS DAD!
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
SoCal
Not that anyone is asking.......................... :confused Oh, you want to know what I think? Well thanks for asking:rofl

I believe there is an ass for every seat:lol appreciation... depreciation... or, breaking even.. Lets say the average car costs 50K (maybe a little more/less) daily driver that we have here other than our GTs.. The family SUVs, the 4 door sedans or our work trucks. So some guy pays 200K for a gt or 170K for a gt. He drives it for 3-5 years and puts 15-20K on it.. then he sells it for 150-120K. I think that guy would be breaking even or quite possibly be coming out ahead..

Reason.. I don't fu--ing know I just lost sight of my point because my kid threw up all over the place... You guys are bright you get what I was going to say... Gotta go:ack

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
I just lost sight of my point because my kid threw up all over the place... Gotta go:ack

'BEEN THERE, DUNN THAT!!!!!!!!!

samthejeepman

Permanent Vacation
Oct 14, 2005
new jersey
02-09-2007, 09:17 AM #21
samthejeepman
GT Owner

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i get the dupont registry every issue.
since the gt hit the market, there have been on average at least 15-20 or more gt's for sale every issue.
i noticed over the last few months that those numbers have been going down, and as of this month there are only 7, and the prices are still at msrp or better(new and used)
as we all predicted, they are drying up on the for sale market
i think the next few years will be interesting when owners pay them off and start selling them with mileage--that will be the true test of their worth
hopefully the selling owners will stick to their higher prices and regulate the market on them
bottom line--don't give them away or sell them short
we own them and we can dictate the market price for them

sam
#1451----------red/white
ps-joe thx for the call, i'll call you next week to figure out which day we will meet for the atlantic city show. hopefully by then i will know if anyone else is meeting up with us.

lamboman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 14, 2006
Atlanta area
So far I've been right with my projections over the last few months and those predicting over MSRP sales for used cars have been wrong. I'll check back in a few months with more data.
Wait...you are the Ebay REPORTED SALES guy...right? Or is it your highest Ebay bid nonsense. You haven't been right on a thing as far as I can see.

Yeah...I just looked at some of your posts...you haven't been right about a thing. Why are you here? The prices haven't taken the beating you had hoped for, except for those sellers that just have to move the car today, and will take a hit. Happens with everything. Need to sell fast...then you need to sell low.

50,000 miles at under 100k.:rofl . And when do you think that might occur? Hey, I got a news flash for you. MILEAGE AFFECTS VALUE!!! ON ALL CARS. Excessive mileage affects excessively. :frown

Last thing...here is one of your threads where you reported the GT sold for 128k. The sale was a fake...confirmed by DBK. Yeah...you are always right.http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4117

Last edited:

samthejeepman

Permanent Vacation
Oct 14, 2005
new jersey
bravo lamboman
well said and thought out
i agree

sam
#1451----------red/white

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
02-09-2007, 09:17 AM #21
samthejeepman
GT Owner

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i get the dupont registry every issue.
since the gt hit the market, there have been on average at least 15-20 or more gt's for sale every issue.
i noticed over the last few months that those numbers have been going down, and as of this month there are only 7, and the prices are still at msrp or better(new and used)
bottom line--don't give them away or sell them short.

Hey Sam, did you notice Autosport USA's ad on the very last page of the current 'Registry (the black GT) wherein Autosport says the car has "212 delivery miles"!!!!!:rofl :rofl :rofl WHAT??? DID THE DELIVERY TRUCK BREAK DOWN, MEBBE???? Or, mebbe the dealership is soooooooooooo huge, yuh need to drive 212 miles from the road to their detail shop????
Those people must think GT buyers are dumb as a box of rocks. 'Unbelieveable :mad

samthejeepman

Permanent Vacation
Oct 14, 2005
new jersey
when i saw that i said to myself, "duh--must be one of those factory tested vehicles before delivery" yeah right !!!!
i actually talked to a guy during the summer that was looking at a "new" gt and it had 341 miles on it--that was the excuse the selling dealer gave him--"factory tested"

yeah we are real dumb---lol

sam
#1451-------red/white

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Ya!!!!
What's the REAL "FACTORY TEST TRIP"? 25 miles or so?
Puhleeeeeeeeeeeeze!

scode

Mar 28, 2006
Plymouth, MI
Ya!!!!
What's the REAL "FACTORY TEST TRIP"? 25 miles or so?
Puhleeeeeeeeeeeeze!

The first 50-100 2005 models had up to 100 miles put on by Ford.

Keith

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
The first 50-100 2005 models had up to 100 miles put on by Ford.

Keith

But, the rest of 'em had 25-35, didn't they? I mean, the 1st 50-100 cars have been l-o-n-g gone...and the subject car was an '06, I think.

BigsGT

Tungsten GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 8, 2006
Austin Texas
Mine had 3 miles on it.

06gt1858

GT Owner
Jan 29, 2007
Lodi Ca.
Hey guys/ Gals

Mine had 9 miles on the clock when I bought her , a trip to the Airfeild to show her off and a ride home from the dealer and she is ticking at 212 miles , it doesnt take long, 20 bucks in fuel........ I must admit I take the long way

Steve 06gt1858

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Mine had 3 miles on it.

Mine had 6.9.
But, we were talking about what the "factory test driven" cars had on their clocks after the test drive...
'You know what that was?:shrug

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Hey guys/ Gals

Mine had 9 miles on the clock when I bought her , a trip to the Airfeild to show her off and a ride home from the dealer and she is ticking at 212 miles , it doesnt take long, 20 bucks in fuel........ I must admit I take the long way

Steve 06gt1858

:lol Yeah! But, a car that hasn't been bought doesn't HAVE 212 "delivery" miles on it!!!!!:rofl

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Mine had 3.6 miles on it. And it was delivered from Pennsylvania to California.

GT Tech

Ford GT Team Alumni
Aug 13, 2006
Kingman, Arizona
Factory test drive

The factory test drives were 25 miles. In the rare instance that a problem was found, we may have put a few more on. The original route was 11 miles, but it was increased to 25 when we couldn't find enough variations in road surfaces in the 11 miles (smooth).

We didn't abuse the cars, and really only pushed it hard one time. We ran it up to 6000 rpm in first gear to verify coolant hose integrity.

We put a small sticker on the window stating that the car was test driven, and the mileage accumulated, although I think many of the stickers disappeared once it got to the dealers.

I was one of Two test drivers. We spent a week driving around the Ford test tracks for our training. Tough job, but somebody had to do it. :thumbsup

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
I was one of Two test drivers. We spent a week driving around the Ford test tracks for our training. Tough job, but somebody had to do it. :thumbsup

Awwwwwwwwwwww...poor baby!
'Hope Ford rewarded you handsomely for all the time you were forced to sacrifice... :frown
Did Ford provide counciling?

usmcfred

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 26, 2006
Massachusetts
GTTech, Since none of the cars were delivered to the dealer with more than a couple of miles on the odometers (mine had 1.8), were the odometers not connected prior to the 25 mile test, or was mileage zeroed out after the fact? usmcfred