Autometer direct fit replacement gauges - Orders accepted beginning Monday 11/10/2014

daytrayd

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 23, 2010
Austin, TX
My fuel gauge just died, car had a dead battery and I tried to start it. Whoops. Never again. I'll be ordering one most likely. Funny thing is everyone was bitching when we had no replacements, now we have two options and yet we are still finding a reason to bitch, cheer up guys life is good! #richpeopleproblems

viva gt

GT Owner
Sep 15, 2010
toronto canada
My fuel gauge just died, car had a dead battery and I tried to start it. Whoops. Never again. I'll be ordering one most likely. Funny thing is everyone was bitching when we had no replacements, now we have two options and yet we are still finding a reason to bitch, cheer up guys life is good! #richpeopleproblems

:thumbsup

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
Anyone placesd an order yet?

I tried (see earlier message) but couldn't figure out how to do it from the website.

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
I placed an order for a set of gauges yesterday. I could not find them on their website. You must call and ask for Brett. He will place the order directly.
I asked about the tach and speedo. I was told the request (and permission?) to do them must come from SVT?

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
I was told the request (and permission?) to do them must come from SVT?

...and round and round we go. lol

junior

GT Owner
Mar 9, 2007
So Cal
Anyone installed the new gauges could give a review: Noise, look, packaging, delivery lead time, etc...
With concerns of future availability I am planning on ordering a back up set which will be shelved until needed, how can one ensure "they work" once received without installing them, can they be bench tested somehow ? Thanks.

svtowner

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 2, 2006
I ordered complete set as currently offered from Brett directly via a call to his office. Took my info and CC number said they'd be available Feb. Won't charge you until they ship.

Could you provide Brett's phone number?

junior

GT Owner
Mar 9, 2007
So Cal
I called Autometer 866 248 6356 once I mentioned Ford GT gauges, I was transferred to him.

http://www.autometer.com/

junior

GT Owner
Mar 9, 2007
So Cal
Took advantage of the early bird discount and ordered a set (back-up) from Brett. As to the speedo and tach, Autometer is in a holding pattern waiting on Ford to share the cost and give the green light for production.

Bill Briley

GT Owner
Aug 9, 2005
Valley Forge PA.
Ok,
I finally got the time and initiative to install the Autometer Replacement Temp. gauge. Would you believe ..?... it did not work. Needle moves up slightly on ignition actuation.
Checked the output of the Electronic Temp. Sender and found its K Ohm output within range. (cold -160.3 no heat --1.1 at apx 200*).
Using Murphy's law I replaced the ETS anyway, with a new Ford unit. ---- same result , No Gauge reading.
I have a call into Brett Littlefield's desk at Autometer and I'm waiting for a response.

Frustrating !

RJY

GT Owner
Feb 13, 2013
TN
Keep us updated thanks!

Bill Briley

GT Owner
Aug 9, 2005
Valley Forge PA.
Brett has Emailed back and we are talking.
I have not seen any other reported failures on these replacements - has anyone used these new AutoMeters ?

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
We have a replaced a few gauges using the new ones - without incident.

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
I have one of the new oil pressure gauges. No issues

Bill Briley

GT Owner
Aug 9, 2005
Valley Forge PA.
Good to know Guys.
Brett from Autometer , has graciously sent a replacement. I plan on installation next week.
Anyone know someone who can test an OE Ford temp Gauge? Autometer is not allowed.

SMOKDU

GT Owner
Dec 17, 2011
Good to know Guys.
Brett from Autometer , has graciously sent a replacement. I plan on installation next week.
Anyone know someone who can test an OE Ford temp Gauge? Autometer is not allowed.

Do you think you have another issue going on?

Last edited:

Bill Briley

GT Owner
Aug 9, 2005
Valley Forge PA.
I've run thru the usual suspects -

Checked the output of the Electronic Temp. Sender and found its K Ohm output within range. (cold -160.3 no heat --1.1 at apx 200*).
Using Murphy's law I replaced the ETS anyway, with a new Ford unit. ---- same result , No Gauge reading.

I'm open for suggestions .........(Even thou I'm never wrong !)

Bill Briley

GT Owner
Aug 9, 2005
Valley Forge PA.
I installed the replacement Temp. Gauge and it works well.
Many thank to Brett at Autometer for standing behind their product. This proves there are still a few "Good Guys' out there.