Au Revoir or should I say Caio

Rong

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2006
The GT is a wonderful car, as we all know. I gave mine away (sold for a song) a few days ago and was feeling pretty low, for the four days or so I was toyless, while waiting to take delivery of my F430 Spider (please don't feel too sorry for me as my every day driver is an SL65).

After 24 hours in Ferrari Heaven, I can only say....if you can have only one exotic, the Ferrari is the way to go.

Yes...I may have momentary twangs of remorse when I see a GT... or perhaps when I examine the scar on my head. GT's are truly beautiful and awesome machines, but the F430 is ethereal.

I will continue to stop by the Forum, as some of you guys are very cleaver and I love the grins. The few of you I have had the opportunity to meet (Alan, Jay and John) were exceedingly helpful to me and I would like to say a heartfelt "thank you".

Gotta go listen to my car.....peace.

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
To each his own I guess. I beg to differ. I also own an F430 (and coincidently an SL65). The F-car will be long gone before I ever sell my GT. Frankly everything in my "toy box" would be hocked before I'd part with my Ford. Sure can't argue with you about the exhaust sound, but for pure driving enjoyment I give the GT the nod.

Enjoy your F-car! :cheers

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
Rong- congratulations on the Ferrari and sorry to see you're leaving our merry band.

I agree about the Ferrari, it's a wonderful car with a unique character - beautifully built too.

Personally I wouldn't 'swap' and, without being vulgar, I am not constrained by any budget on cars - so I'm not keeping the GT for financial reasons and nor am I not driving a Ferrari for financial reasons. (Nor are you, I'm sure).

It's kind of hard to not sound biased - but Ferraris are almost ten a penny (lovely though they are) in Europe, a bit like Rolex's really (can't fault them). But the GT is something else - it has voodoo, you can't define it, legislate for it, capture it.... quite a unique mojo.

Goodness, I'm sound quite funky.

Take-it-down-to-the-bridge.

Get up. Like a sex machine.

I mean grooving, doing my thing.........

sorry. Got a bit carried away there.

lamboman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 14, 2006
Atlanta area
Florida Chris said:
To each his own I guess. I beg to differ. I also own an F430 (and coincidently an SL65). The F-car will be long gone before I ever sell my GT. Frankly everything in my "toy box" would be hocked before I'd part with my Ford. Sure can't argue with you about the exhaust sound, but for pure driving enjoyment I give the GT the nod.

Enjoy your F-car! :cheers

I'm with you 100%. I did sell my F430..not to get the GT, but something else. Have never looked back on that car...and would never part with the GT no matter what new toy shows up next.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Stick arround the forum, you'll have another GT, trust me... Have you been to FERRARI CHAT yet? :wink

Tonycan

GT Owner
Jul 23, 2006
Owned a 430 for 18 months,sold it and now have GT40. F430 is a wonderful car, the total package. Mine had F1 shifter which was great at the track, but not as much fun to drive on the street. The GT is fun to drive on the track and on the street. Performance is comparable, although GT takes a lot more driver involvement to get the same performance. Still active with the Ferrari Club, so it really turns out that the friends you make with your cars are more important than the cars themselves.

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Yeah, what he said!

Neilda said:
But the GT is something else - it has voodoo, you can't define it, legislate for it, capture it.... quite a unique mojo.

Goodness, I'm sound quite funky.

Take-it-down-to-the-bridge.

Get up. Like a sex machine.

I mean grooving, doing my thing.........

sorry. Got a bit carried away there.

Ya took the words right out of my mouth!! :biggrin

Chip

w. mitty

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 1, 2005
You'll love the Ferrari (and who could blame you), but you'll be back :biggrin Sold my '05 GT, had an '05 Gallardo and an '06 Gallardo, drove a 430 Spyder F1 in between. All gone now.

I bought an 06 GT in Aug and have never looked back :thumbsup

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
w. mitty said:
You'll love the Ferrari (and who could blame you), but you'll be back :biggrin Sold my '05 GT, had an '05 Gallardo and an '06 Gallardo, drove a 430 Spyder F1 in between. All gone now.

I bought an 06 GT in Aug and have never looked back :thumbsup

Glad, but not shocked that you have come back :thumbsup

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
bony said:
Glad, but not shocked that you have come back :thumbsup
Bony, where's the new toy?

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
ROCMAN said:
Bony, where's the new toy?
what toy.....???
"I know nothing-nothing" sgt schultz/hogans heros :biggrin

FORDGT001

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2005
I still have a $10K Deposit for a F430 at my nearest Ferrari dealer , But I won't ever take the car. I had a 360 modena 2 years ago and liked it. The F430 is a better car than the 360 but looks just like it I have a hard time telling the two apart. I see more 360's then I do Z06 corvettes here, there everywhere. I am waiting for the F430 replacement say the F500 with a new body style. In 2 years the F430 is a Dinosaur and the GT will never be a Dinosaur due to its limited production.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
FORDGT001 said:
In 2 years the F430 is a Dinosaur and the GT will never be a Dinosaur due to its limited production.

BINGO!!!!!!!!
'The exact reason why I bought my GT over the 430 or Gallardo!
The GT will NEVER be "last yrs model" ... 'never be "yesterday's news". It'll ALWAYS be just what it is right now. The 21st century GT40. Period.

E.P.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Neilda said:
Ferraris are almost ten a penny (lovely though they are) in Europe, a bit like Rolex's really (can't fault them).

Neilda:

Phew!!!!!!

You scared the stuffins outta me there for a second! I thought I was gunna hafta jump in a defend the "honor" of the Rolex watches in this house!

Don'tcha NEVER do dat! I'm OLD! :willy

E.P.

Rong

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2006
Don't get me wrong. I agree with everything you GT owners say about the car. Especially the mojo. It is truly wonderful, but I found the concessions too great. You guys know them all. The GT limits you, unless tracking is your thing.

My wife won't take a weekend jaunt with her overnite bag between her legs. And why should she? We enjoy tooling up the Coast Highway or hitting the back roads together. I found myself just staring at my GT in my garage. Plus it's San Diego and my bald head was looking pretty pale :wink

MK2_GT

GTX1 Owner
Mar 25, 2006
Ford GT001...where do you live? That sounds like where I live...

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Rong said:
My wife won't take a weekend jaunt with her overnite bag between her legs. And why should she? We enjoy tooling up the Coast Highway or hitting the back roads together. I found myself just staring at my GT in my garage. Plus it's San Diego and my bald head was looking pretty pale :wink

Use the SL65 for those kinds of "wife included" drives. Works for me. :wink

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
Florida Chris said:
Use the SL65 for those kinds of "wife included" drives. Works for me. :wink

Exactly! The GT was not designed for that.

Hey, someone should make one of the little trailers that they made for the Prowler. I wouldn't, but I bet some people would! :biggrin

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
ROCMAN said:
Exactly! The GT was not designed for that.

Hey, someone should make one of the little trailers that they made for the Prowler. I wouldn't, but I bet some people would! :biggrin

just get your valet to follow with the Denali.... :banana
..or your Provost Motor Coach :rofl

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I've never felt this strongly about any car and a large part of it is because of this forum. GT owners tend to be truly outstanding people.

I just bought a second one after considering all the Ferrari's, Aston's, Noble etc. but they were all either too flashy for me (the gold necklace syndrome) or just didn't provide the "smiles per mile".

Ford nailed it in their original commercial. IT'S THE ONE.