ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Gentlemen,

For those lucky souls who will be joining us for our final assault on California Rally Headquarters, here are the details. We will be staying at the Marriott Scottsdale Suites Old Town at 7325 E. 3rd Ave, Scottsdale, AZ 85251. This is a beautiful hotel that I have hosted many functions at in the past and they have secure underground parking for the GTs. I have arranged a half-price room rate for GT owners of $85 per night (normally $169). To get this rate, you must call Marriott reservations at 1-800-898-5209 and tell them you are with the "Ford GT Owners" staying at the Marriott Suites Old Town on Tuesday, July 31, leaving Wednesday, August 1. If you have any problems with this please call my cell phone at 602-430-4877. Normal check-in time is 4 p.m. although the hotel has told me that an early check in should not be a problem. For those owners bringing a trailer who wish to leave it in Scottsdale and drive the final 300 miles with us, I have ample secure parking at my Scottsdale home for your rigs. After checking in, for those owners who would enjoy it, we are arranging a private tour of one or more race car collections kept here in Scottsdale. At 7 p.m., we will drive en masse to Paradise Valley's beautiful El Chorro Lodge (secure guarded parking of course!) for dinner and cocktails.:cheers After a restful night, we will depart the Marriott's underground parking garage between 8 a.m. and 9 a.m. on Wednesday, August 1. This will have our most impressive convoy arriving at the Fairmont Newport Beach Hotel right at check-in time. :banana :banana :banana

Last, for Arizona GT owners or out-of-state owners willing to come a few days early, I am contacting the GT guys and have arranged for shop space here in Scottsdale to get some work done before the rally. Is there any interest in this?

Here are a current list of participants, if your name is not on the list please post up and let me know. After you have secured your hotel room post up and let me know that as well.

Bony
Piccola
AZGT
Spirit
Chip Beck
Blue Moose
Florida Chris
ISAAKGT
KJRGT
Joe Dozzo
Flagstaff GT
Steve592
427Aggie
ItsOnlyMoney
JBG

Any questions, comments or suggestions should be directed to me at 602-430-4877.

See you soon.

Chip

Last edited:

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
You'd better lie to Spirit and Spirit's wife that you're leaving at 6:30 so they get up on time for a change.

ItsOnlyMoney

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2006
Celina, Tx
Chip,

Just made my reservation. Please add me to the list.
Thanks for putting this together and getting a really good room rate.
I'll be trailering the GT to Scottsdale, so I'll need a spot for the rig.

Thanks,
David

427Aggie

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2005
Frisco, Tx
Chip,

Ok..got the room reserved. I am driving in with David from Dallas...save me a trailer spot.

Matt

Last edited:

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
14 GTs so far!!

Here's an updated list.

Bony
Piccola
AZGT
Spirit
Chip Beck
Blue Moose
Florida Chris
ISAAKGT
KJRGT
Joe Dozzo
Flagstaff GT
Steve592
427Aggie
ItsOnlyMoney
JBG

:banana :banana :banana :banana :banana

Chip

Last edited:

GT Tech

Ford GT Team Alumni
Aug 13, 2006
Kingman, Arizona
Chip,
Which way are you going to LA? I should be all moved in to my new house in Kingman by the end of July. I'll be driving to LA, and depending on your schedule, I might come down your way first. I'll have my truck w/cap on it if anyone would like to put luggage or coolers in it. Let me know.

Rich

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Hello Chip...you da man.
I am in, appreciate you ram rodding through.
Got the rate and DeeDee at the hotel was very nice and helpful!

JBG

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 25, 2006
Scottsdale
Great job Chip :thumbsup

I'll be joining the caravan.

John

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Get Rich quick!!

Chip,
Which way are you going to LA? I should be all moved in to my new house in Kingman by the end of July. I'll be driving to LA, and depending on your schedule, I might come down your way first. I'll have my truck w/cap on it if anyone would like to put luggage or coolers in it. Let me know.

Rich

Rich,

From Scottsdale, we will take Interstate 10 directly to the Arizona-California border. As soon as we cross over into California we will get off Interstate 10 as there are some far more entertaining roads to take from there on in. I need to do a little more research on how much traffic will be on what roads during our travel time. Your truck with a cap on it would probably make you the most popular guy in our convoy. I hope you can join us Rich for a most memorable dinner in Paradise Valley and an even more memorable drive to Newport Beach. :cheers See you soon.

Chip

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
15 GTs baby!!!

Bony
Piccola
AZGT
Spirit
Chip Beck
Blue Moose
Florida Chris
ISAAKGT
KJRGT
Joe Dozzo
Flagstaff GT
Steve592
427Aggie
ItsOnlyMoney
JBG

GT Tech

Ford GT Team Alumni
Aug 13, 2006
Kingman, Arizona
Chip,

If everything goes according to plan, I'll drive down from Kingman very early morning of the 1st. It's only 3 or so hours. I'll meet everyone at the hotel. (send directions) Wish I could make dinner on Tuesday night, but I'll still have TONS of unpacking to do.

I close on the house the 29th of June, and am bringing my first load the 9th of July. I'll firm things up with you after that. I will have my truck in the shop next week getting a 60 hp boost just to try to stay closer to you guys.

Anyone wanting to put coolers or luggage in the truck, you are more than welcome to, but please make sure your name is on them.

Rich :thumbsup :thumbsup

FlagstaffGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Booked at the Marriott. Will probably get in a little early (it's not too far from Flagstaff). Suspect my son will keep urging me to have "just one more", so he can be the designated driver that evening. Thanks for your efforts Chip.
Barry

shesgotlegs

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 20, 2006
Chip,

I just booked the Marriott, I'll be arriving in the GT - please add me to the list.

Thanks for your efforts.

Terry:thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
Chip,

I'll check with Tony Nowak (COBRA), who will be convoying with us from Ohio to see if he wants to divert to a more southerly route through Scottsdale. That would make two more GT's and two rigs. I'll let you know ASAP. Right now we are scheduled to drive through Las Vegas from Salt Lake City.

Lightning

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 9, 2006
Hutchinson, Kansas
Chip, booked at the Marriott. If Rich has room for luggage we'll need a place for our rig. Thanks for putting this together, it sounds like a great way to start Rally II!
Vince

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
17 GTs !!!!

I'm working on getting the street signs changed on Scottsdale Road. We're gonna rename it the "Mulsanne Straight", speed limit...230 MPH !!! 17 GT's and counting. And we're just getting started. :cheers :cheers :cheers

Chip

Last edited:

timcantwell

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
Chip,

I think you guys will be too far south for us "Northerners". So, I am going to try to organize a Nevada Raid for the guys who may wish to hook up in Las Vegas prior to the Rally. I'll be posting a new thread on this. Sorry we'll miss you in Scottsdale! See you in Newport Beach!

timcantwell

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
We may join you.

Chip,

Tony Nowak (Cobra) and I spoke today about our route to So. California. I just checked, and its only 18 miles out of our way to come through Scottsdale. It looks like we will trailer out to your place and drop two to three GT's from our rigs. I'll PM you with final confirmation. We really wanted to hook up with you guys, it looks like we will!!!:cheers

shesgotlegs

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 20, 2006
Chip,

Tony Nowak (Cobra) and I spoke today about our route to So. California. I just checked, and its only 18 miles out of our way to come through Scottsdale. It looks like we will trailer out to your place and drop two to three GT's from our rigs. I'll PM you with final confirmation. We really wanted to hook up with you guys, it looks like we will!!!:cheers

Tim, glad you changed your mind. Looking forward to seeing you.

Terry

:thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Scottsdale at the end of July.... will be the test for FGT cooling system and hopefully the damn Safecraft extingusher won't go off...