GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California

I wouldn't sell mine for 200K.

HPGT

GT Owner
Jul 31, 2012
Little Rock, AR
Look on Shelby's site - a grey 2006 car like mine is up for $209K 6,000mi --- mine has just over 5,000mi and same shape - so I've made over 10% in 6 months

brazilfree

GT Owner
Oct 14, 2012
Arkansas
Bottomline they are only worth what someone will pay for them... as the number of FGT's declines in the Market the low mileage car's will hold Value. I think it is safe to say most current FGT owners Value their car's around that $200k mark. It would not surprise to see that Value increase over the next few years, just my two cents.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007

Just about 20 miles from home, returning from the Arizona GT Getaway 2. Hasn't ever missed a beat!

This car is priceless!

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
Epic !

SSRob

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 9, 2012
Oklahoma
Mine is at the detail shop getting pine tree sap cleaned off and the front end and rocker panels clear filmed. Got a phone call from the detailer saying someone came in asking if I would sell the car. Uhh, no, I won't.

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
A "story car" with 14,500 miles sold recently for $182,000. I just paid the 200# for my replacement car, so the answer is yes. But I'm pretty sure that my paying that amount will signal the "top" of the market!!!!

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
I know ebay is not a true measure of the market, but last year and the year before when you did a search for a ford gt you would get about 25-30 results, now you get about 12-15, that should say something !!!

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
Looking at auctions over the past 10-15 years you can see values go up and down on all types of cars. Easy come and quickly go in the collector car market. Look at the Mopar madness of 8-9 years ago especially on Hemi cars, even the clones, that came crashing back to something that at least makes some sense. The good news for those of us lucky enough to own a GT is values will probably rise or stay consistant as we have a true American classic with supercar performance. Cars being sold now by speculators taking profit or getting their money back out are being purchased by many of us who are not buying as an investment but are going to enthusiasts who drive the hell out of them and / or add them to a car collection.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
I know ebay is not a true measure of the market, but last year and the year before when you did a search for a ford gt you would get about 25-30 results, now you get about 12-15, that should say something !!!

We talked about this when this forum was just gaining steam. As these cars get into the hands of die-hard GT fans, it will become increasingly difficult to pry them loose from owners. I believe the resale rate will continue to fall, which will no doubt help the prices.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
So if you paid sticker in 05 or 06 .You got a real bargain!
The real value in the car is the thrill of driving it! Ask Ralph,Jeff,Dave Z .
I'm about to pick my car up from the GT guys and drive it back to Boston.Can't wait! I have 28k of smile miles!

SMOKDU

GT Owner
Dec 17, 2011
What do you guys think about the extras we put on our cars. Turbos' whipples' wheels' custom paint ect...... Will this hurt the value? Now I'm happy with my mods so I really don't care because I always have to change it up. Whipple going on sat with a Torrie tune. Priceless.

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
What do you guys think about the extras we put on our cars. Turbos' whipples' wheels' custom paint ect...... Will this hurt the value? Now I'm happy with my mods so I really don't care because I always have to change it up. Whipple going on sat with a Torrie tune. Priceless.
JMHO, whipple and tune, easily reversible won't hurt the value. Wheels can always be changed back, the paint, now that's another story.

33Bravo

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 3, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
Except for the side pipes, spinners, mouse holes, home made rear wing, painted on flames, sunroof, landau top, curb feelers, trailer hitch, and hood ornament(s), I'm pretty sure I can get mine back to original......

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Except for the side pipes, spinners, mouse holes, home made rear wing, painted on flames, sunroof, landau top, curb feelers, trailer hitch, and hood ornament(s), I'm pretty sure I can get mine back to original......

I'd have to spin the odo from 42,000 miles back to zero to get mine back to original!

Ed

Nafod

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
How about below sticker :)

Waldo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 7, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
How about below sticker :)
I bought my '05 below sticker in December of '06. The original owner put 2,800 miles on it.