Are Ford GTs worth $200k now ?

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
Ed,

ACV type policies are the standard in the industry. This is what you likely have on your daily drivers. Given the small, well established market for the GT and the fact the prices seem to be going up monthly, I see less risk with an ACV policy right now than an agreed value policy (unless you adjust the agreed value every couple of months). It seems like only yesterday $165k was sufficient to replace my car, now I doubt it could be replaced for less than $215k. Since the ACV policy was much, much less than the agreed value policy, it was a no brainer for me. I think some of the premium disparity may be attributed to the fact the insurers may be underrating the GT's value. Doesn't matter though, once they bind the policy for the agreed upon premium, it is a done deal.

Yes, you're correct. Terminology got me mixed up. But again, the danger lies in where the adjuster determines FMV. If they look at wholesale auctions, we would be way undervalued. No guarantee they would accept Marv or Shelby's prices as the benchmark.

gtinmyblood

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 23, 2007
Mesa Az/Aspen Co
Didn't say I was going to kill him, only that I gave him my source, I'd have to do it. I'm not giving my source!!!!

That's ok the CIA was listening and already has all of your source statements recorded...

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
Alright Ralphie you inspired me

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff224/1969boss/IMG_5925_zpsd01ad6e7.jpg

Just about 20 miles from home, returning from the Arizona GT Getaway 2. Hasn't ever missed a beat!

This car is priceless!

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Way to go Soroush! Drive to Rally VIII for more fun mileage!

Ed

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
Way to go Soroush! Drive to Rally VIII for more fun mileage!

Ed

I wish I could make the rally this year but its not in the cards, im sure when the time arrives Ill be glued to the computer to see all the pics being posted and the stories told..

however I would like to put in my vote for a las vegas rally in the near future :)

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Soroush,
You will be missed! At least by me!
Nice garage by the way.
By the way, how much did the cute lady charge you for the picture? Or was it all inclusive!
Big hug buddy!