AR-15 prices

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
I went with the minimalist approach :willy
attachment.php

And it's easy to conceal.

With what this rigs weighs you might as well carry a SAW instead.

Lynx20inchwalnuthandle.jpg

oh, I meant this one

M249mg.jpg

Last edited:

sandman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 10, 2006
Gardnerville, Nv.
Those damn rails make it so convenient to hang a bunch of junk off of them! Sad to admit I feel for it to a much lesser extent! I need that ATPAL, light, vertical grip, eotech, back up iron sights, bipod, MRDS.... We replaced The M-14 with the M-16/M-4 because the 14 and it's ammo are so heavy. Now we have a light sub caliber rifle that we add a bunch of bolt on weight to:lol

sandman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 10, 2006
Gardnerville, Nv.
Don't know if it's standard training but I was taught with the M-249 SAW to put the eotech dot on my target depress the trigger and slowly say die m.....f.....r then release the trigger. Repeat as necessary.
The MK 48 is a different story I'm told.

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
with the SAW, aim at the knees and let the barrel rise ... that way when they realize they are getting shot at they fall into the rounds :willy

In all seriousness I had a buddy that was a big metallica fan and he times his bursts to the phrase "You know its sad, but true." Yes I know some sick people ... and love everyone of them like family. :lol

Still think I would love to own a M134. I wonder if I could get a tax stamp for that? :lol

Last edited:

Waldo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 7, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Ahhh... the new toy arrived this week.

memo0019a.jpg

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
thought you were getting the 6.5. sweet rifle thou... awesome craftsmanship.

you like?

Semper Fi

Waldo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 7, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
thought you were getting the 6.5. sweet rifle thou... awesome craftsmanship.

you like?

Semper Fi

The next AR will either be a 6.5 or .308. I wanted at least one 5.56 M4.

I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet, but I only have two minor nitpicks with it.

There is a small gouge or dimple on the lower receiver just aft of the BCG release,
memo0035a.jpg

and the engraving on the barrel isn't as nice as the engraving on the upper and lower receivers.
memo0028a.jpg

Best Regards,
Waldo

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
the dimple is part of the machining process have it on one of mine also. noticed that happened after they got the military contract for .50 barrels. perhaps new machine? Did you order the mil-spec barrel? my barrels are not engraved.

check out the trigger assembly. also none of mine rattle at all. one has more than 10000 rounds through it and still no rattles. amazes me really since every M-16 I had in the corps sounded like two old people ..... :lol

Waldo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 7, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Did you order the mil-spec barrel? my barrels are not engraved.
The barrel specs are: 5.56mm, 14.5", 1/7 twist, chrome plated, M4 profile. I'm pretty sure it's 4150 steel. The flash suppressor is permanently installed in order to comply with the mandatory minimum length.

...also none of mine rattle at all. one has more than 10000 rounds through it and still no rattles...
The upper and lower receivers fit so well you would swear they were one block of milled aluminum. I am very satisfied with it so far, and I suspect I will be even more so once I shoot it.

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
checked all of mine and none have the dimple. attached a few photos.
this is my short 6.5 M4 carbine according to my log book its had 10010 rounds thru it in the last 26 months. none of my barrels are marked like yours Waldo. but after the pounding its taken ... the minimal wear is amazing. I give it five out of five. The only issue I have had with it was an ammo issue since when they came out you could get soft point ammo for it. I still have 3000 rounds of that if anyone is interested. I solely shoot MPT out of this now. BTW the BMW M hat in the back ground is for Sam's enjoyment.

Attachments

• IMG_0445.jpg
    IMG_0445.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_0446.jpg
    IMG_0446.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_0447.jpg
    IMG_0447.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_0448.jpg
    IMG_0448.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 69

Waldo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 7, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Hold on to your Sabres. Not only has the U.S. company filed for Chapter 11, the owners have been indicted.

http://www.tennessean.com/article/2...ges-gun-manufacturer-illegal-arms-trafficking