Anyone insist on Watching their GT get worked on?

06fordgt

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 8, 2006
Toronto Canada
My dealer has no problem with me watching. As a matter of fact encourages that I help the process along. Great guys to visit and work with.:thumbsup

kmillen

Jan 29, 2007
Even though most of the work we do tends to take a full day or two and therefore we don't have a lot of customers hanging out and watching, we don't mind it. As long as they are respectful towards our techs it's all good.

All of the GT's that come into our shop get a good layer of tape (in some areas 2 layers) and we have built our own little cart that holds all of the bodywork to make sure that nothing gets damaged during the install.

Dissassembly_1.jpg

GTShopPhoto.jpg

ama

GT Owner
Dec 10, 2006
looker

Once again, I must give kudos to Mike (SFLGT) at Sawgrass Ford in Ft. Lauderdale. After rescuing me from a disconnected trailer on the turnpike, and knowing that I drove 375 miles to have the axle bolt recall and console replacement done and was spending the night to allow him to do the work, he not only allowed me to watch, but cell-phoned me in the customer service lounge and invited me to come back and watch the whole operation if I desired. Once I saw the towels on the sills and the surgical gloves, I had no reservations about spending the extra time to get there. My wife and I left and got a spa treatment and worried no more!!

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Once again, I must give kudos to Mike (SFLGT) at Sawgrass Ford in Ft. Lauderdale. After rescuing me from a disconnected trailer on the turnpike, and knowing that I drove 375 miles to have the axle bolt recall and console replacement done and was spending the night to allow him to do the work, he not only allowed me to watch, but cell-phoned me in the customer service lounge and invited me to come back and watch the whole operation if I desired. Once I saw the towels on the sills and the surgical gloves, I had no reservations about spending the extra time to get there. My wife and I left and got a spa treatment and worried no more!!

Great to hear stories about Forum members helping each other.:thumbsup
Mike is da man to see:thumbsup:cheers:thumbsup

standj

GT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 23, 2007
Wyoming
My dealer has no problem with me not only watching, but almost always allows me to JUMP right in with the repairs!!

John

06fordgt

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 8, 2006
Toronto Canada
kmillen great job. :thumbsup I love the rack to hold the shell. Good for you. I really appreciate the extra time, effort and care that you show for these gals. You should send this to all ford dealers who work on these cars and give them the manual on how to care for these pieces of art.
By the way I have never been to your place nor have you worked on my car. But as the saying goes "a picture tells a thousand words".