Any high mileage Heritages out there?

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
I recently bought a 400+ mile Heritage from Shelby and swore (knowing I was lying to myself) I would not drive it much. Now I have 700 miles on it already.

Anyone out there putting much mileage on a Heritage? Just seems the way they have appreciated --driving it does not make much sense. Also, it gets almost too much attention--like driving a parade float.

I guess I would feel better if Jeff had a Heritage.

427Aggie

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2005
Frisco, Tx
I'm closing in on 10K on mine. I think Spirit is WAY over that now since he drives his to every Rally. To be honest I've never seen one with many miles go up for sale...I know mines not so nothing to base prices off of other than they are now hard to come by.

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Just had one in our shop last week getting serviced with 14k+ miles. I tried to buy it from the guy, but he would sell it :(

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington

Are you offering one of yours for me to drive?

Checking on air fare this evening.

Truth of the matter, on the noteriety, all GT's attract attention. You can not hide what it is.

"Arrest Me Now" Red and "go Directly To Jail" Yellow and the beautiful Vintage Heritage Edition may be slightly easier to pick up visually, going down the road or parked, but the recognition by the populace is very intense for all GT's.

btw- red eye into Dulles gets in @ 6:45 a.m. Is that too eary for you, or should I stop and have breakfast first?

Last edited:

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
Jeff-- breakfast is fine. We can even take out "write me up white". I think it is awful your odo has been stuck on 85k for 4 months---you gotta try harder.

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
I know Camilo drives the wheels off his Heritage. DBK probably would know the mileage

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Camilo sold his heritage about a year ago. It had well over 20k miles when he sold it

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Camilo sold his heritage about a year ago. It had well over 20k miles when he sold it

I think we will see it in UT.

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
I think we will see it in UT.

As driven/owned by____________

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
31.022340° N / 44.846191° W
I recently bought a 400+ mile Heritage from Shelby and swore (knowing I was lying to myself) I would not drive it much. Now I have 700 miles on it already.

Anyone out there putting much mileage on a Heritage? Just seems the way they have appreciated --driving it does not make much sense. Also, it gets almost too much attention--like driving a parade float.

Why not just put the miles on your white one and let the Heritage accumulate miles more slowly? I'm guessing you bought it to sell at some point?

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
I sat in a Heritage at his studio in May of last year, is this the same car? If so I'm surprised he sold it, he look at it like it was his a child. Is he without a GT now?

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
As driven/owned by____________

Here is the info

It's not really supposed to be a secret who has it now. Camilo came out to Utah with me last year and he hit it off with Greg and his wife Heidi, and they loved his car. After this year's trip out there, Camilo drove the car out, but came home on a plane. I'm sure the car will end up spending considerable time parked at Miller Motorsports Park, but it is Greg and Heidi's car now. I'm pumped they get it, because the Miller family has a stellar collection of all things fast Ford, and Greg has bought alot of Camilo's art the last few years. It's a nice addition to their historical collection. :cheers

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
If ytou look at the photos from the Rally at VIR, you will see Camillo's new car. Light metallic blue with white trim like a heritage.

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
Thanks, Black Ice. I did notice Camilo in a non Heritage car with a one off paint scheme at VIR . Pretty car.

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
I have 4500 on my tungsten, about 400 in the last year? Does that count?

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
Drive her...joining a celibacy cult is no better

metalman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 22, 2006
I have 14,000 on mine, bought it new with 2.2 on the odometer in April of 2006, it shows like a new car still and much better than most that I see for sale with a only a few thousand miles. Drive the car and enjoy it, if you respect it and take care of the car, it will still look great with some miles on it.

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
I have 14,000 on mine, bought it new with 2.2 on the odometer in April of 2006, it shows like a new car still and much better than most that I see for sale with a only a few thousand miles. Drive the car and enjoy it, if you respect it and take care of the car, it will still look great with some miles on it.

Metalmans car IS nice! :) I owned it for a few minutes..... LOL

GTED

GT Owner
Apr 4, 2006
I have 10,3xx on mine. I'm absolutely convinced that the odometer on a new GT (or a hardly used GT) is off; it turns much quicker than the actual mileage incurred....... At least that's the story I'm sticking with.....hahahahaha

I was told that the first 3 thousands miles are difficult to take, but it gets easier......

GTED

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
You know with all these gauge failures why can't the damn odometer fail? :)