The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
This:

4236026315_7b5a00a27e_b.jpg

Is Sold

Flight booked tomorrow morning into Baltimore to pick up the new one. It's gonna debut at the Rally, and it's gonna be something VERY different. :biggrin :cheers

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
I have only been here a short time. There are those who collect multiples but I believe you seem to hold the record for "rotating the stock".

:usa

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
That one isn't mine, it's Camilo's. I just handle the finding homes and replacements. That one is going to a GREAT home. We will see it again in the future.

Waldo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 7, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Very cool. Congrats to Camilo.

Best Regards,

Piccola

GT aficionado
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 17, 2006
Grand Junction, CO
There was no sign of Camilo, but he had parked in front of me on a street in Carmel last Sunday morning. After seeing the Utah Fast Pass decal, I thought it was you at first, Dave! :lol The car looked gorgeous! Whoever bought it is a lucky guy/gal! :thumbsup

BTW, I think my car was attracting GTs as an orange "Joyride" GT (not Stillen's) parked a few cars from me at Laguna Seca on Friday. :banana :biggrin

Lorenzo

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 28, 2008
U.S.A.
I can guess who bought that one, but i keep my mouth shut.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
It's not really supposed to be a secret who has it now. Camilo came out to Utah with me last year and he hit it off with Greg and his wife Heidi, and they loved his car. After this year's trip out there, Camilo drove the car out, but came home on a plane. I'm sure the car will end up spending considerable time parked at Miller Motorsports Park, but it is Greg and Heidi's car now. I'm pumped they get it, because the Miller family has a stellar collection of all things fast Ford, and Greg has bought alot of Camilo's art the last few years. It's a nice addition to their historical collection. :cheers

Shelby#18

GTX1 Owner/Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 15, 2006
Nev./So. Cal./Minn.
Very cool. Couldn't go to a better home! Perhaps I'll see it sometime in the future over there.

djs

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 7, 2007
Great image. Really transforms the Heritage colors in the dusk light.

Button

Jul 11, 2009
Iowa
Is this the same Heritage that is in our Forum calendars?

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
It is indeed.

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
What Dave forgot to mention was how cool the guy was that Camillo got this heritage from when he bought it...... :biggrin

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
Nice!

Also a very nice photo - who took that and how was it done?

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Nice!

The color shift and reflections on the upper body panels, shadows under the car, plus the dark background, make it look like a relatively long exposure in front of a building with sodium vapor bulbs. Just a guess.

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
Gideon Gillard Photography. Just an unplanned street shot.

From Ian Jones: "The Gillard bros and I stumbled across this Heritage GT parked and idling on Ocean. The young driver standing next to it asked us if we knew where some place was but we had no clue since we were from out of town. After a few seconds of talking with the driver, his face began to look familiar. I asked him, "Has anyone ever told you that you look like the guy who designed the Ford GT?" He responded with, "I am the guy who designed the Ford GT." He introduced himself and when Noah Gillard asked him for an autograph, he went out of his way and drew a sketch of his original design as well. Awesome guy and an awesome experience."

http://www.flickr.com/photos/25177654@N07/4236026315/

Nice!

Last edited:

AZSTAD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 4, 2008
Arizona
Dave - We can't wait to see what Camilo is concocting for the next one. We got some hints in Carmel - but just enough to get us more excited!

Piccola - We ran into several GT owners during the Monterey week. Some in their GT's and some not. Sorry we missed you.

As for missing Camilo - you have to try late nights instead of early mornings. =) There is now a bar in Carmel with a "Camilo Sharpee Original" drawn on the wall. The owner was "stoked".

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California
Does the car still have Carroll Shelby's autograph on the RR fender?

Last edited:

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
P1010090copy.jpg

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
There was no sign of Camilo, but he had parked in front of me on a street in Carmel last Sunday morning. After seeing the Utah Fast Pass decal, I thought it was you at first, Dave! :lol The car looked gorgeous! Whoever bought it is a lucky guy/gal! :thumbsup
BTW, I think my car was attracting GTs as an orange "Joyride" GT (not Stillen's) parked a few cars from me at Laguna Seca on Friday. :banana :biggrin

Piccolo Joe..... Las Vegas Ortho Convention 08? Your orange is looking nice too! Flames are always cool!

piccolojoelasvegas-1.jpg

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
web.jpg

Home!