And the winner is...

CJ428

Farm GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 21, 2008
NJ
Have fun,& thanks Dave the whole thing is over the top!

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
As a matter of fact I was on the phone this afternoon tracking down a local shop that has a Hunter Road Force balancer and would match Tire Rack's prices.

The Hunter machine is among the best but, IMO, not needed for the GT. The question you should be asking the tire shops is if they have a lug-centric system for mounting the rims to the balancer (instead of the typical cones).

Piccola

GT aficionado
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 17, 2006
Grand Junction, CO
Congratulations Waldo!!! Definitely well deserved! :cheers Enjoy all the new power! :banana

H

HHGT

The Hunter machine is among the best but, IMO, not needed for the GT. The question you should be asking the tire shops is if they have a lug-centric system for mounting the rims to the balancer (instead of the typical cones).

Kendall, doesn't the speed rating balancing also play a factor, i.e. 200 mph balancing?

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
good for you Waldo !!!!
See you at the rally !!

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Congratulations Waldo!!!!! :cheers

steved57

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
kilgore tx
Congratulations Waldo and thank you for your service !!

Waldo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 7, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
There's nothing like coming home from work to find something truly special waiting for you at the front door.
p1000262a.jpg

You can see the joy on my daughter's face as I explain to her that it's another box for the GT.
p1000263a.jpg

Mr. Whipple, meet #562.
p1000266v.jpg

Installation begins in earnest this weekend. More pictures to follow.

Many more thanks to DBK and Dustin Whipple.

Best Regards,
Waldo

Last edited:

#6-GULFgt

Aug 22, 2006
Congratulations Waldo, I can't think of a more worth winner!

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
What a guy, I am happy you won!

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
What a guy, I am happy you won!

Me too !

H

HHGT

A Beauty & A Beast.....Congrats

CH53Driver

Shelby GT500 owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 20, 2008
Arkansas.
Congrats Waldo! Pretty cool to see a fellow Marine win the drawing! Now before it all goes to your head, remember a 53 can lift a Harrier but a Harrier can't lift a 53...I'm pretty sure somewhere around here I got a picture for you...:biggrin

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Congratulations again Waldo, and can't wait to see it melt some tires at the Rally. I hope your daughter didn't try to carry that box inside. :lol

Waldo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 7, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Thanks, guys.

Congratulations again Waldo, and can't wait to see it melt some tires at the Rally.
My brand new Bridgestones are stacked up in the garage awaiting their glorious fate.

I hope your daughter didn't try to carry that box inside. :lol

As the box contained nothing that was neither small nor furry, she quickly lost interest.

standj

GT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 23, 2007
Wyoming
Very Nice!!!! After installation a trip to get ice cream, will put a smile on your daughters face.

John

Waldo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 7, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Belt is a Four Letter Word...

The Whipple is in! I still need to adjust the tension in the new belt and load a new tune, but otherwise I'm about done. Here are a few pictures of the installation.

The stock supercharger is ready to come out...
p1000278m.jpg

and the new Whipple is ready to go in.
p1000275w.jpg

p1000282d.jpg

Here's a shot of the intercooler.
p1000281k.jpg

I guess my wife was right. Size does matter...
p1000280x.jpg

Overall, the installation wasn't that bad. That being said... There was definitely a learning curve when it came to dealing with the belts. A wise oracle from Northern California gave me some pointers, and I'd probably still be fighting with the oil pump belt if it wasn't for him. Anyway, fighting with the belts was a "learning experience", and all of the scrapes, cuts, and busted knuckles seem irrelevant when you crawl out from under the car and see this...

p1000289b.jpg

p1000291eu.jpg

Once I source a 3/8" allen wrench and a new tune from Torrie, I should be able to "kick her in the guts." I'll let you know how it goes.

Best Regards,

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
You are going to LOVE it!:thumbsup

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
Most definitely, I am ready when you are !!

CH53Driver

Shelby GT500 owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 20, 2008
Arkansas.
That Whipple looks awesome! I'm sure she's going to be a screamer when it's all put back together.