Americas Supercar Ford GT SAE Event April 5, 2017--- FINAL UPDATE

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
Larry Holt confirmed this weekend that the RSR mid engine placement is a "No waiver" design. Apparently they argued a very liberal interpretation of the rule and won.

Vince H

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
Sparco is bringing me all of the gear tomorrow morning to photograph and get an explainer on the details. I didn't quite catch it when I was at the show but they had

• Gloves
  • Shoes
  • Harnesses
  • Helmet
  • Race Suit
  • CAD rear trunk luggage bag
  • Large leather luggage bag

I want to say I heard either $6500 or $7500 depending on which bag you got, but don't quote me on that. All of the stuff can be embroidered with either your name or serial and I think the trunk bag is constructed using the interior materials of your vehicle spec. The stuff can only be ordered by the original owner of the car and is verified through the Concierge. If you're feeling like you need to take a trip, they will laser measure you for the race suit in Torino.

Right on! Definitely want this.

Vince H

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
^^^ Darn, there is more money spent.....

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
I am in for sure as well!

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Vince, you know wearing a helmet will mess up your hair. Better order a matching Sparco hairbrush and comb at the same time. You might order a Sparco toothbrush at the same time and get matching colors. Or just keep the helmet on all the time and we won't have to look at you. Your buddy, Dr. Frank.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Sparco is bringing me all of the gear tomorrow morning to photograph and get an explainer on the details. I didn't quite catch it when I was at the show but they had

• Gloves
  • Shoes
  • Harnesses
  • Helmet
  • Race Suit
  • CAD rear trunk luggage bag
  • Large leather luggage bag

I want to say I heard either $6500 or $7500 depending on which bag you got, but don't quote me on that. All of the stuff can be embroidered with either your name or serial and I think the trunk bag is constructed using the interior materials of your vehicle spec. The stuff can only be ordered by the original owner of the car and is verified through the Concierge. If you're feeling like you need to take a trip, they will laser measure you for the race suit in Torino.

To add to DBK's post. They said the vin/ badge number would be added to the suit, Helmet and the bag as part of the package . The Safety harnesses webbing would be available in three colors, Black, Blue and Red .

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Added bonus, Hans width belts.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
... You might order a Sparco toothbrush at the same time and get matching colors....Your buddy, Dr. Frank.

Now we're talking!

Ed

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
How cool is this?!
Sign me up ! A real must have for us affected with GTitess!

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
The Sparco goodies are here...

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Oh no.!........... another cool day at "The Garage" !! :):)

andy (ajb)

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I'll be here all day if you want to come check it out. I'm just here having a coffee relaxing. :lol

33162660573_6345f28363_b.jpg

spartan

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 11, 2017
Bloomfield Hills MI
very nice gear.

Simon

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 19, 2013
Houston
That is quite the 28 minute maker over!

The bag perched on the couch is designed to fit in the car or is it a regular travel bag?

Thanks
Simon

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Regular travel bag compartmentalized for all the gear. Made of the same materials as your interior selection. Will have pics up later today.

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
Okay now you're just showing off . . . . . and I love that about you. Haha!

Vince H

Last edited:

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Okay now your just showing off . . . . . and I love that about you. Haha!

Vince H

Point well taken. Vince you need to find if Sparco has a family plan, just for you, in the works.

BtwoG

GT Owner
Dec 8, 2013
Atlanta, GA
Looks hard to turn the pages of that magazine:lol

I'll be here all day if you want to come check it out. I'm just here having a coffee relaxing. :lol

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Can not resist.
Be there within the hour!
Ajb (andy)

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
And some of us thought the New GT was expensive. I also argued about the price of the Car Cover?