Aluminum Gt - Built By Svt?

TallCarGuy

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 2, 2006
Santa Ynez, California
Well Guys, It sold for $1,500.00 !! I was in and out of the bidding in about a minute and a half.... ;-)

Richard Hille
The GT School

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
I have a silver one.

AJB

Gulf GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 9, 2006
California
Unbelievable....$1500???

cobrar1339

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 2, 2006
Diamond Bar, Ca
Yup 1,000 shares of Ford Stock. :thumbsup

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
If anyone is interested I have one for sale 1k or B.O.
Also have brand new in the box Brembo brake pads 200 or b.o.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Ok ,
Sorry to say already sold !!! Boy that was fast !!!! Just like a GT !!
STILL GOT THE PADS !!!

Jim

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 17, 2006
Michigan
Two of the extruded aluminum Ford GT's just sold on ebay this weekend. $1700 for the first one, $1675 for the second one.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=190305881226

Supposedly only 50 were made.

I took mine and put it someplace safe! Unreal!

Jim

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 17, 2006
Michigan
Sorry - that was $1800 for the first one....

Metro Ford GT

May 27, 2009
True story behind Ford GT Extruded Car

The Ford GT 2 piece extruded car was the idea of a Ford research engineer. The idea was brought up after one of the early extrusion build review meetings for the Ford GT Spaceframe. Concept was sketched and then drawn in cad and two extrusion dies were manufactured.

The dies still exist and yes we only ever made one push of material. Out of that one push of material we manufactured between 300 to 500 sets and they were given out to engineers and suppliers on the program and a couple of my customers. I am sure at least half of them are out in the general public, so please be careful if bid on one because though they are very collectible they are not as rare as everyone thinks and the person selling them could have collected 10 to 15 of them off random people on the program very easily. Heck if you need me to prove it I still have about 14 of them. Put away in a safe place because I did not one walking away off my desk and ending up on ebay.

Someone is currently trying to sell one on ebay for $2,500 and he may not have know the truth so I can't fault him but now everyone knows the correct rough number of extruded Ford GT cars that are out there.

Craig
Metro Technologies Ltd.
- Ford GT Spaceframe developer and manufacturer - concept to production

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Maybe the dies should be put back online for another run for Forum members.

427Aggie

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2005
Frisco, Tx
I'm with blackice...what would you charge to make one push for the forum?

Matt

gtjim

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 28, 2006
Maybe the dies should be put back online for another run for Forum members.

Amen!

Gill Jr.

GT Owner
Aug 7, 2007
Orange County, CA
The Ford GT 2 piece extruded car was the idea of a Ford research engineer. The idea was brought up after one of the early extrusion build review meetings for the Ford GT Spaceframe. Concept was sketched and then drawn in cad and two extrusion dies were manufactured.

The dies still exist and yes we only ever made one push of material. Out of that one push of material we manufactured between 300 to 500 sets and they were given out to engineers and suppliers on the program and a couple of my customers. I am sure at least half of them are out in the general public, so please be careful if bid on one because though they are very collectible they are not as rare as everyone thinks and the person selling them could have collected 10 to 15 of them off random people on the program very easily. Heck if you need me to prove it I still have about 14 of them. Put away in a safe place because I did not one walking away off my desk and ending up on ebay.

Someone is currently trying to sell one on ebay for $2,500 and he may not have know the truth so I can't fault him but now everyone knows the correct rough number of extruded Ford GT cars that are out there.

Craig
Metro Technologies Ltd.
- Ford GT Spaceframe developer and manufacturer - concept to production

Thank you Craig for the insight and for looking out for us! Very nice of you to post this info. :thumbsup

I would also be interested if another batch was made.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Remember our member pe2unia who has gone to great lengths to make clamshell top vents, side vents, and now this trinket out of billet aluminum. Support your fellow members please.

Gill Jr.

GT Owner
Aug 7, 2007
Orange County, CA
Remember our member pe2unia who has gone to great lengths to make ... this trinket out of billet aluminum. Support your fellow members please.

Hey DBK are you saying this "trinket" is being made by pe2unia? Has this info been posted? Can you post a link? I was not aware of it.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit

Gill Jr.

GT Owner
Aug 7, 2007
Orange County, CA

MR2Race

FGT The Velvet Hammer
Apr 6, 2006
Northville Mi.
I would sell the one I have for that kind of cash!