Aluminum Gt - Built By Svt?

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Anybody here ever seen one of these? It was given to me today by my District Manager who used to work at Ford Racing. One of his guys had worked at SVT and had one of these sitting on his desk. The story was that either the SVT guys or one of their contractors engineered an aluminum extrusion several feet long and cut it into these individual pieces. The inner section fits perfectly with amazingly tight tolerances inside the one piece outer shell. It's about 5 inches long. The pictures don't do it justice.

I've never seen or heard of these. My DM thought that only 25 or 50 were made for the team members.

How do I find out the story behind this?

Attachments

• IMG_4790.jpg
    IMG_4790.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 1,100
  • IMG_4792.jpg
    IMG_4792.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 1,094
  • IMG_4800.jpg
    IMG_4800.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 1,090
  • IMG_4795.jpg
    IMG_4795.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 1,092
  • IMG_4788.jpg
    IMG_4788.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 1,081

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
They're on sale on E-bay from time to time. Purported story is they came from the factory that made the framing as a novelty item.

Not 4N

Tungsten GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
Calgary AB
Cool find
Maybe waterjet to get the tight tolerances?

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
They're on sale on E-bay from time to time. Purported story is they came from the factory that made the framing as a novelty item.

Well Mr. Pikul, you win the Cupie doll. I did a search on e-bay for aluminum extrusion GT and this popped up. I search e-bay all the time but had never seen this before.

Oh well, at least it was free.:biggrin

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...Track=true&ssPageName=VIP:Watchlink:middle:us

Gulf GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 9, 2006
California
They also made them in colors, mine is blue. Done by the folks that did the chassis for the GT. Quite a rare item. Very cool.

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
Extruded Aluminum rails and cut sections.

Very pricey way to go for a short run.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
anybody here bidding, I don't want to bid against members, I am out now at $155.00

427Aggie

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2005
Frisco, Tx
I have a red one on my desk....hmmm how much do I want to spend for the silver one?

I was actually looking into what it would cost to make a run of these from an extrusion company. The center pieces are either anodized blue or red...or have been left silver. luckily gulf led me to mine :)

I love the question about what would you sell it for...$3000 would pay off my visa...lol

oh and Texas they were made by the Frame company for the team members ONLY. My guess would be a couple of hundred made it out AT MOST!

Last edited:

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I questioned the e-bay seller above about the history. He said there were only 50 made and he was handed his by his boss, John Colletti.

A friend who is familiar with the extrusion process was amazed at what it must have cost to produce such a small quantity.

I think it's a nice addition to the GT memorabilia collection.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
$610 and still going up

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
$610 and still going up

I told my guy (after he gave it to me of course) that this thing would probably bring $500 on e-bay. I thought he was going to ask for it back.:lol

And it still has three days to run!

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
I wonder who has the dies for the 2 extrusions, or if they still exist?

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Wow, $600+
No telling what its gonna end at.
Think I will just watch. To much for me to just look at.

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
do any of them have stripes?

AlohaGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 13, 2007
Honolulu, HI
I don't know what the others sold for but at this pace it appears to be headed into 4 digit territory.

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
and I thought the economy was bad!

cmoody32

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 8, 2006
OK I have been drinkin. and someone out bid me.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
chris, don't you hate it after a night out with Madame Makers and you find out you have been bidding against yourself? Only hurts when you wake up the next morning,,,

PROJECT321

Nov 13, 2008
Fresno, Ca
It's up to 710.00:eek
I'm calling my aluminum supplier on Monday morning!:lol

I bid 5,000 to the emplyee that can find and ship me that die.
Just kidding.

shhhhh. Pm me if its you:wink

svtowner

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 2, 2006
Anybody here ever seen one of these? It was given to me today by my District Manager who used to work at Ford Racing. One of his guys had worked at SVT and had one of these sitting on his desk. The story was that either the SVT guys or one of their contractors engineered an aluminum extrusion several feet long and cut it into these individual pieces. The inner section fits perfectly with amazingly tight tolerances inside the one piece outer shell. It's about 5 inches long. The pictures don't do it justice.

I've never seen or heard of these. My DM thought that only 25 or 50 were made for the team members.

How do I find out the story behind this?
Got one from a supplier about 6 months ago. Had never seen one before or since until this posting...

Anyone have any history on how it came to be?