AC Cobra

GT35065

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Chip, your engine is nothing short of spectacular. WOW! Is your car the brushed aluminum? It is beautiful.

Rick

buddyg

Jul 6, 2007
I have owned 2 Superformance Cobra's and they are the best replica kit out there. Kit is not really the word because all the parts are brand new manufactured parts. If you only want to spend $50 to $60 k they are the best option in my opinion.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Pretty face,.... Been called many things, but thats a first:)

My contemporary replica won best car at the knotts berry show.
Sold my last one, era535 because of dmv problems...

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Brushed

Chip, your engine is nothing short of spectacular. WOW! Is your car the brushed aluminum? It is beautiful.
Rick

Rick,

My car is brushed aluminum with polished stripes and roundels. Initially, I intended to paint it but I get so many compliments on the brushed aluminum finish I have decided to leave it that way. :thumbsup I think the reason most Kirkham owners (and a few CSX4000 owners) leave their cars brushed or polished is because if you paint them people automatically assume it's a fiberglass car. Secondarily, fiberglass cars are a lot more durable than aluminum cars, and small dings from stones or dents can be easily repaired on a brushed aluminum car by tapping them out and then sanding the surface. Those beautiful downdraft Webber carburetors that were on my car when I purchased it are wrapped in plastic and sitting on a shelf in my storage room. Webbers don't like air cleaners and driving on Arizona's always dry dusty sandy roads with those open stacks was freaking me out. :willy I may reinstall them sometime in the future if I move to a damp dust free climate. My car now sports the proper turkey pan/Holly carburetor that the original 427 S/C cars were equipped with and unlike the Webber's, it now runs great with an air cleaner installed.

Chip

ladams1

GT Owner
Jan 1, 2007
Central Florida
Hunter cobra kit

I have not driven enough Cobra kits to know which is best. I did sit in a 96 inch Hunter Cobra among 90 inch Cobras. The 96 inch chasis was so much more comfortable then the cramper 90 inch I bought the longer wheel base.

My car had 625 hp when I bought it but I have down chipped it to 450 hp at the wheels dynoed. Randy Hunter says most people cannot tell by driving if the car has oveer 400 hp. The cars are that light and powerful he says not worth the money unless you plan of racing it.

I have had good luck with my Hunter Cobra.

Lee:banana

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
Chip, your Cobra is spectacular.

somelee

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 9, 2007
New York & SoCal
Chip......I know your leaving on your big trip (have fun!) and may not get a chance to respond but I was wondering if you ever have any problems with your Cobra overheating......I've heard Cobras in general can run kinda hot? And your in some serious hot weather there.....
Now I'm shopping for one.....and I won't stir this thread up again if i can help it....(sorry Bony)..!
Either a Kirkham or a CSX for me......

cobraownr

GT Owner
Jul 16, 2007
Annapolis, MD
My car now sports the proper turkey pan/Holly carburetor that the original 427 S/C cars were equipped with and unlike the Webber's, it now runs great with an air cleaner installed.

Chip

CHIP: Great car! Congrats! Regarding carburetion on original 427 Semicompetition (or Street/Competition) Cobras, the accepted knowledge is that most, if not all, left the factory with two four barrel Holleys and conventional air cleaners. 427 Comp Cars had the single Holley and "turkey pan." Many SCs were converted to this setup, however, as the dual Holleys sometimes proved troublesome, or owners wanted the racier look of the single quad and turkey pan.

Mark IV

Sep 8, 2007
Western New York
We are very close to ordering a Superformance roller and installing a Ford Crate motor. Margaret drove one in Ohio. Cobra Jeff is investigating for us ..our big question...HAVE ANY OF YOU ADDED POWER STEERING TO YOUR CAR.? That is the one item holding us up...Margaret cannot drive the car with only the manual rack and pinion..
any advice;.?
AJB andy

Go to...http://www.secondstrike.com/SecondStrikeStore/Products/PowerSteering.htm

There is a power steering system available for the Superformance.