A sad day for me. I may be selling the GT.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Regardless of whether you keep or sell your GT, I wish you well in your health now and in the future.

As I am sure we all do. Of course, we all hope you are healthy AND able to keep your GT.

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
Sorry to hear of your back problems..... Lot's of good advice from everyone too, particularly Chip and Stunts.

I slipped a disc in my lower back two or so years ago and can appreciate the pain! :ack I go to my chiro once a month and am fine - it goes maybe once a year which is always my fault.

Get if fixed and, if at all possible, let the GT be the last thing to go.....

FB GT40

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
May 30, 2006
Folly Beach, SC
Back

Don't go Rocman! We'll miss your great posts. :thumbsup

Seriously - if you have looked through all the doc's in your neighborhood, find one specializing in motorcycle racer's injuries. They are good. (Dr. Arthur Ting in the Bay area comes to mind for bone related issues).

QUOTE:
“My experience with Dr. Ting has been nothing but good,” said racer Chris Ulrich, who is on the staff of Roadracing World Publishing, Inc. and has undergone several surgeries by Ting to repair crash damage. “He always gives me the best medical advice, not only for racing motorcycles but for life in general. I feel confident in letting him work on me. No matter what the injury, I feel based on my personal experience that he is always going to do what is best for me.”

In addition to Ulrich, Dr. Ting is known to have consulted with and/or performed surgery on: five-time 500cc World Champion Mick Doohan, multi-time AMA Champion Miguel Duhamel, Suzuki MotoGP racers Kenny Lee Roberts and John Hopkins, Nicky and Roger Hayden, Eric Bostrom, Jason Pridmore, Jimmy Moore, Jamie Hacking, Kurtis Roberts, Craig Connell and Grant Lopez, among others.

Pridmore credits Ting with saving his career following a serious leg injury suffered while training on a motocross bike about 10 years ago.

Good luck, hope you get well soon.

Gordo.

RADGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 31, 2006
Connecticut
Speedy recovery. Lest not forget the added benefits of a good physical therapist. They have done wonders for my neck and back where I have multiple herniated discs and have not needed surgery. Still drive my GT and Cobra though turning around in the seat to back up has always been a challange and always will be.

Stu

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
OK ROCMAN,

Enough of this kind of talk.... unlike many of the forum members here, I KNOW where you live. If you thought your back hurts now, just wait 'till I get over there!

On a serious note, back pain is the WORST! I remember many years ago I had a back injury and it would almost kill me to breathe! My wife wanted to call 911 but the idea of ANYONE touching me almost made me pass out. It took a couple of days before I could even get around and several weeks after that to get better. I haven't had any problems since (knock on wood) but I concur with you that it is about the worst, most intolerable, injury.

I hope you are better soon and back to your normal jovial self.

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Im sending over the 2 russian massage girls right now, dont do it , when there done with you well :biggrin you know , tee hee :thumbsup keep the gt dith the rest!!!!!! gtjoey 1314

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
Need to agree with the others.

If it doesn't feel good to sell it, may not be the right time - an emotional versus reality response.

It probably won't be worth much less in 6 months, so maybe wait it out unless you really do want to change color (but you already have the best and fastest color - it's all down hill from there).

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Well that certainly clears a few things up! :biggrin

Rockman,

I don't need to drive my GT to get great pleasure from it. I look at it far more than I drive it. Here's a true story. Years ago I had some pretty severe health problems and my life was a real downer for many months. So I bought a .470 Nitro Express Double Rifle (an elephant gun). I could not use it or even shoot it but I looked at it often and imagined future days and better health. I pictured myself carrying that rifle afield in Africa in search of dangerous game. Having that rifle around that I could not use was not a downer, it was inspiring. It made me look forward and kept me motivated. That was 25 years ago and I still have that rifle. It's been to Africa with me 3 times. When you recover, your GT will be waiting. In the meantime, just knowing it's there will both shorten, and make more tolerable, your inevitable recovery. All the best. :thumbsup

Chip

Rocman, don't give up yet! You will work through this! Buying AND SELLING a car is an emotional experience. Don't let your present state of mind take over - you will recover and enjoy your GT again! Keep the faith and God bless you!

Back surgery commonly performed by both neurosurgeons and orthopedic surgeons. Don't despair until you've had a complete workup with CT/MRI scans and nerve conduction studies. Actual surgery is pretty easy. Try a TENS unit for stimulation. Lots of options.

Rocman,

Don't make any hasty decisions. :frown

Stay off the drugs :thumbsdow & get on the alcohol :thumbsup [thinking is much more clear that way]. :biggrin

Listen to the good Dr. Frank. :thumbsup

Many of us have had injuries that have had us down for awhile, but recovery is as much in the attitude and faith as in the physiology [if not more sometimes].

Fred

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
Back surgery commonly performed by both neurosurgeons and orthopedic surgeons. Don't despair until you've had a complete workup with CT/MRI scans and nerve conduction studies. Actual surgery is pretty easy. Try a TENS unit for stimulation. Lots of options.

WHAT?? Dr. Frank isn't just prescribing a happy ending every day or as needed? Someone has abducted the real Dr. Frank.

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
Very sorry to hear of your pain. I'm without back pain but my father has it bad....so I figure my days are numbered.
However on a brighter note, my god father bought a all blue "O" option GT last year and only put 200 miles on it before his back said "no more".:frown He did some reserch and found there are softer spring and valve options for the Penske shock. He is trying out a few and hopes to be driving his beauty again very soon.:thumbsup

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
I was laid up a few years ago. I could barely get out of bed. While becoming a full lush and watching some ridiculous TV show... I mustered a good belly laugh ( I hadn’t laughed in a week). I heard sound in my back that was very similar to a piece of wood braking, and I was doing the tango later that day.

Just goes to show laughter is the best medicine but if that fails look for some heroine.

911teo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 5, 2007
Surrey, UK
I am very sorry to hear about your back problems too.
I wish you the best and quickest recovery. Whatever decision you make there always be the possibility to get back in a/your GT when you are healthy.

Good luck and pls keep posting on the forum as your opinion is always treasured!

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Well, I hurt my back last month. I can barely get in or out of the GT, or my Viper. It pains me to say this, but I may be selling my beloved GT, as well as my new viper coupe. I may put the GT on Ebay to see what I can get. I am in no hurry to sell it, so I will put a high reserve on it. I am also looking into transporting it to Hawaii. I don't want to let her go, but it sucks to look at the GT and not drive it.:confused

Say it aint so !! :frown Your back will heal up !! We need you around here !!

cobrar1339

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 2, 2006
Diamond Bar, Ca
Yo Roc,

Heck my back has been bad for 5 years now. They wanted to operate, but on a good friends advise I saw a chiro that has nursed me back to managable off and on pain. The thought of the GT when searching overcame a good deal of the pain many days.

I have developed a very high tolerance to it these days, but every time I push the RED button I seam to forget about it:biggrin.

Suggestions:
Maybe a remote start would help, as you do not need to lean forward.
Long Tube Headers to speed the sensation when pushing the RED button and to create a natural vibro massaging action in the seat upon tip in.

On a more serious note, take care and all the best. Some of your posts and pics and humor got me off the fence to buy one of these bad boys. I even bought the fast white one on your advise:rofl . I agonized over all the colors and came back to "Go Big Or Go Home" everytime:thumbsup

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Roc,

I feel for you brotha'. Not only do I have signif degenerative disk problems, but I'm an orthopaedic surgeon. I stand all day with bad posture performing hip and knee replacements. Years of bicycle racing, hunched over a bike didn't help either. Two years ago I hurt my back so bad, I couldn't get out of bed due to pain and spasms. No way I would have thought about a Ford GT at that time. Worst pain in my life... worse than any broken bone. With time things settled down to a managable level of "ache" which I can tolerate. Give things time to heal from the acute insult. A diligent program of ab exercises will help stabilize your back and trunk. Chiropractic and physical therapy can work wonders without surgery. If you have sciatica with pain down the leg, you may ultimately need surgery for nerve impingement from a disk, but tincture of time is the first step. Good luck as you heal.

AC

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Roc,... listen to anyone you want, but trust BONY,... there is one answer...
THREE MAKERS MARK MANHATTANS at lunch time and at 5pm... I used to have
all sorts of pain,... Now I just give it to others.

Seriously, no reason to sell anything, just get yourself into the best of hands,
talk to Timmy, we all see the nutso stuff those guys get themselves into.

Praying for you!
God Bless,
daniel

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
ROCMAN-

Dude, I feel your pain. Are you sure you won't recover faster if you have your GT sitting in your garage as an incentive? Any pleasure in just looking at it?????
You are an institution on this site. Whatever you do PLEASE stay involved! :cheers

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
Thanks for all the support. You guys are simply the best group of guys I have ever been associated with.:cheers

This was something that I have been kicking around for a while now, so I am not doing anything hasty. I have listed it, and see what will happen. I will let the lord make my decision for me. If someone wants it, and they are willing to pay for it, I will let it go. I will definately be back in one again at some point in time. I will also continue to post here. I am not going anywhere, just the car. I am a lifetime member.:biggrin

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
The good thing is that I am only 34 (for the next 17 days). I have plenty of time. The silver lining is I will gain a couple of parking spots in my garage, so now I can park my other cars inside.:lol

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
Dang! Your just a pup. Take some time and get the back fixed right. You have a ton of living to do.