A sad day for me. I may be selling the GT.

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
Well, I hurt my back last month. I can barely get in or out of the GT, or my Viper. It pains me to say this, but I may be selling my beloved GT, as well as my new viper coupe. I may put the GT on Ebay to see what I can get. I am in no hurry to sell it, so I will put a high reserve on it. I am also looking into transporting it to Hawaii. I don't want to let her go, but it sucks to look at the GT and not drive it.:confused

racegirl

Aww. I'm so sorry about your back, and I really hope you don't have to sell your GT in the end. I've seen it at super car sunday before and it really is gorgeous!

Lindsey

M

Mark O

LARRY: I can’t woyk any more today. I’ve got a weak back.

MOE: How long have you had a weak back?

LARRY: Oh, about a week back.

Last edited:

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Please tell me that my eyes are lying.... we don't want to loose you as a member. I really hope you can get your health back, I was sick towards the end of last year, had a major surgery, now as good as new. I am sure you have the very best docs. I am praying for you.
God Bless,
daniel

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Sorry to hear about your back. I hope you recover from it. I was laided up with a severe neck pain and gout and the same time. Couldn't sleep for days, nor walk let alone drive. But over time things got better. As the saying goes, plan for the worst and hope for the best. The selling of the GT is the, plan for the worst part.

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Rocman - say it aint so. Let's find ya a better doctor.
Bony call Franky, he helped girls with pole sprains. I'm sure he could prescribe something for the Rocman!

Seriously - take care, rest and hopefully you will feel better......

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
ROC:
DON'T DO ANYTHING HASTY!!!!!!!

Listen up! I broke my back, shattered my lower left leg, broke my knee, broke my wrist, 'had blood clots, internal injuries, and nerve damage!!!! And now I'm held together with plates & screws - AND, I'M DRIVIN' MINE!!!!

Give it a while, buddy!!!!:cheers

Larry

Last edited:

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Don't do it!

Who in here is a doctor? Fix this man' back!

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
I have been thinking about this for a week now, and it really, really, depressed the hell out of me. Like I said, I will put a high reserve on it so I can tell myself that I tried. Even if it sells at my high reserve, I will still be sad. I will probably list it for around $170K, which is well above market. If it sells, then I made out. If it does not, then I guess I will have to keep looking at it.

MK2_GT

GTX1 Owner
Mar 25, 2006
Sorry to hear this..

Last edited:

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Dreams should be the last thing to go.

I broke my back, shattered my lower left leg, broke my knee, broke my wrist, 'had blood clots, internal injuries, and nerve damage!!!! And now I'm held together with plates & screws....Larry

Well that certainly clears a few things up! :biggrin

Rockman,

I don't need to drive my GT to get great pleasure from it. I look at it far more than I drive it. Here's a true story. Years ago I had some pretty severe health problems and my life was a real downer for many months. So I bought a .470 Nitro Express Double Rifle (an elephant gun). I could not use it or even shoot it but I looked at it often and imagined future days and better health. I pictured myself carrying that rifle afield in Africa in search of dangerous game. Having that rifle around that I could not use was not a downer, it was inspiring. It made me look forward and kept me motivated. That was 25 years ago and I still have that rifle. It's been to Africa with me 3 times. When you recover, your GT will be waiting. In the meantime, just knowing it's there will both shorten, and make more tolerable, your inevitable recovery. All the best. :thumbsup

Chip

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State

'Thought it might.

Everybody goes thru something. And, those who haven't - WILL.

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
LARRY: I can’t woyk any more today. I’ve got a weak back.

MOE: How long have you had a weak back?

LARRY: Oh, about a week back.

:lol :lol :lol :lol

dbtgt

One lucky SOB to own a GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 4, 2006
Tulsa, Oklahoma

Rockman,

I don't need to drive my GT to get great pleasure from it. I look at it far more than I drive it. Here's a true story. Years ago I had some pretty severe health problems and my life was a real downer for many months. So I bought a .470 Nitro Express Double Rifle (an elephant gun). I could not use it or even shoot it but I looked at it often and imagined future days and better health. I pictured myself carrying that rifle afield in Africa in search of dangerous game. Having that rifle around that I could not use was not a downer, it was inspiring. It made me look forward and kept me motivated. That was 25 years ago and I still have that rifle. It's been to Africa with me 3 times. When you recover, your GT will be waiting. In the meantime, just knowing it's there will both shorten, and make more tolerable, your inevitable recovery. All the best. :thumbsup

Chip

Rocman, don't give up yet! You will work through this! Buying AND SELLING a car is an emotional experience. Don't let your present state of mind take over - you will recover and enjoy your GT again! Keep the faith and God bless you!

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
Rockman. Many of us feel your pain. It gets all of us. There are those who have had severe back problems, those who have them now, and those who will have them. You rest, we'll pray, and it will become a distant memory.

red gt 1442

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 23, 2005
NY Metro Area

Rockman,

Chip

Very well said................
A speedy recovery to you Rockman.

STUNTS

FORD GT OWNER & LITTLE TIMMYS DAD!
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
SoCal
Hey Rocman,
I'm down here in the 818 and my very good buddy is a sports specific chiropractor. Him and his buddy treat a high percent of the industries stuntmen and women... He takes care of alot of A listers and is not high priced and takes all insurance.. Also, he's my Buddy so he'll bend over backwardss to take care of you....

Not sure what your diagnoss' is but he can treat you!! PM me and I'll give you what ever information you want... I've referred alot of clients to him and they've all been satisfied... Please Please let me know... Obviously I don't want you to sell your baby, but most importantly is your health which is treatable... positive thoughts = positive results my man...Let me know :thumbsup

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
Thanks for all the support guys! My back is something that has been bothering me for about 4 years. What has worked best for me is rest, and unfortunately that is not in the near future. It was aggrevated by lifting a 400 pound mule chest.:lol I know, I know. I did use proper technique, but the person on the other end did not, and I had to help support his side from my side. I had the same injury 4 years ago, and it took a while for it to become tolerable. I have been down this road before.

Like I said, I am in no hurry. I will personally do a lot of research for you guys as far as GT resale goes.:wink

I will continue to post here, and will have another GT after about 18 months of healing. This time, my next GT will be in the color I really want.:wink

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Hey Rocman,
I'm down here in the 818 and my very good buddy is a sports specific chiropractor. Him and his buddy treat a high percent of the industries stuntmen and women... He takes care of alot of A listers and is not high priced and takes all insurance.. Also, he's my Buddy so he'll bend over backwardss to take care of you....

Not sure what your diagnoss' is but he can treat you!! PM me and I'll give you what ever information you want... I've referred alot of clients to him and they've all been satisfied... Please Please let me know... Obviously I don't want you to sell your baby, but most importantly is your health which is treatable... positive thoughts = positive results my man...Let me know :thumbsup

Has anybody started the ROCMAN foundation for bad backs yet? If not put for a hundy! $$$$$$$$$$$$ :cheers :thumbsup

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Back surgery commonly performed by both neurosurgeons and orthopedic surgeons. Don't despair until you've had a complete workup with CT/MRI scans and nerve conduction studies. Actual surgery is pretty easy. Try a TENS unit for stimulation. Lots of options.