A few facts from Las Vegas

Mike Mosing

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 9, 2009
Florisiana
Guessing you were talking about Mosing and me in the 1%

Hey Jerrrrrrrry. I have two brothers that will teach me the car. bundle that with my experience pulling G's in a fighter jet and I am guessing...just guessing you didn't need to include me in your post...BAM!!! BTW...miss you guys in Cali...

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Watched the Video again. I was wondering why in the Configurator interior pictures the fabric in the seat base had an inconsistent fold to the rest of the pattern. Now I see it appears to be a fabric channel for the Sub Belts ! Cool idea !! The first time I've seen that..!! :thumbsup

Attachments

• 2016-12-08 00.34.33.jpg
    2016-12-08 00.34.33.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 579
  • 2016-12-08 00.39.33.jpg
    2016-12-08 00.39.33.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 581
Last edited:

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Yes looks 6 point.

Mike Mosing

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 9, 2009
Florisiana
Hey Jerrrrrrrry. I have two brothers that will teach me the car. bundle that with my experience pulling G's in a fighter jet and I am guessing...just guessing you didn't need to include me in your post...BAM!!! BTW...miss you guys in Cali...

Have to Apologize to Jerry for totally misreading/interpreting his post. Him and I go at it in good fun offline and want to make sure that everyone knows the intent was between him and I and not directed at anyone else...

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
My crippled wife could teach you how to drive having traveled with you several times now.

BtwoG

GT Owner
Dec 8, 2013
Atlanta, GA
Thinking about what it will be like to drive the NFGT. McLaren 675LT review from an old friend...

http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/s...of-the-new-FGT?p=412377&viewfull=1#post412377

Last edited:

ultrasportracing

GT Owner
Aug 31, 2011
Perth Western Australia
I just want one, I guess not much chance of ever seeing one here in Australia, Maybe if someone smashes one up.

Hans Efde

Jan 16, 2016
If weight comes in on target every aspect of performance will be good, assuming that target is under 2900 pounds. If not, there is always the potential for a boost increase...

Why is the target 2900 pounds? A Pagani Zonda F was 2500 and the McLaren F1 was 2300 pounds. Both carbon fibre monocoque and with V12 engines. I would expect the GT not to weigh more than 2500 pounds.

Bullitt2065

Aug 25, 2015
Detroit, MI
Why is the target 2900 pounds? A Pagani Zonda F was 2500 and the McLaren F1 was 2300 pounds. Both carbon fibre monocoque and with V12 engines. I would expect the GT not to weigh more than 2500 pounds.

Zonda F was never federalized in America because it didn't pass safety or emission standards, things that add weight. Also, neither of those cars feature a suite of active aerodynamics, either. The F1 might have had a small flap in the back, but it's nothing like what the GT has to be able to do. Plus the GT will come with a navigation system and a whole host of additional electronic/safety/convenience features that the cars you mentioned didn't have.

It all adds up to several hundred pounds that don't need to be there, but most buyers expect.

stuntman

GT Owner
Jan 15, 2015
Zonda F was never federalized in America because it didn't pass safety or emission standards, things that add weight. Also, neither of those cars feature a suite of active aerodynamics, either. The F1 might have had a small flap in the back, but it's nothing like what the GT has to be able to do. Plus the GT will come with a navigation system and a whole host of additional electronic/safety/convenience features that the cars you mentioned didn't have.

It all adds up to several hundred pounds that don't need to be there, but most buyers expect.
Add in airbags, the hydraulic system (power steering, ride height, front shutters, wing), and meeting all of the current global safety standards and the weight adds up. The McLaren F1 will not meet current crash standards.

Also don't forget the F1 has a much lighter manual transmission and the Zonda has a single clutch transmission which is hundreds of pounds lighter than heavy DCTs.

Last edited:

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV

The NFGT is a street version of the race car. FiA rules for the GT race class are minimum of 1245KG (~2745 lbs) [as raced, more because of BoP adjustments, but that is lead slugs on the passenger floor]. It is unlikely the street version will come under the race version. Not all aspects are carried over (for example, the fixed wing in race vs active in street, but the difference could be minor). Take away some of the special race things like electronics for telemetry and add in things for the street like air bags and nav/radio (which includes screen for backup cameras) and it is most likely the street version will weigh in above 2745. I think ~2900 is achievable and if it is under it's some very good engineering!

Last edited:

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
...and Cup holders!
andy (ajb)

Hans Efde

Jan 16, 2016
The NFGT is a street version of the race car. FiA rules for the GT race class are minimum of 1245KG (~2745 lbs)

That's a bad starting point. Indeed with proper engineering it can be a lot lighter, esspecially with this engine. I have the feeling many full carbon monocoque supercars are underengineered and that the carbon tub is just a selling argument.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
I was wondering why in the Configurator interior pictures the fabric in the seat base had an inconsistent fold to the rest of the pattern. Now I see it appears to be a fabric channel for the Sub Belts !

Is that for all seats or is that an option?

Ed

Biginch Blake

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 4, 2008
Rockville, Indiana
All this talk about weight, performance and anticipated results leads me to wonder when Ford will release some data. Being only 3 to 5 weeks away from ordering it would be nice to have some of these speculation on a performance sheet. Sure would go a long way toward that worm and fuzzy felling when I sign the dotted line. Fingers crossed.

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
I am confidant we will be happy with the final numbers... I will order even if the numbers are not made public at time of my order. I would guess anyone not feeling good about not having the information can delay their order and move forward at a later time.

Biginch Blake

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 4, 2008
Rockville, Indiana
I totally agree and would finalize my order in the morning if the papers were in front of me. Just thinking its time so I can tell others what is going to be an over the top super car and why. The NFGT will undoubtedly meet and exceed all of our expectations.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
All this talk about weight, performance and anticipated results leads me to wonder when Ford will release some data. Being only 3 to 5 weeks away from ordering it would be nice to have some of these speculation on a performance sheet. Sure would go a long way toward that worm and fuzzy felling when I sign the dotted line. Fingers crossed.

Don't worry. As soon as Stormcat gets his GT he'll dyno & weigh it with an immediate report right here! We have our Forum Man in the field on it!

Ed

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Is that for all seats or is that an option?

Ed

Looking at the configurator I see the deviation in all the seat bases so It appears to be part of all the interiors.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale

Don't worry, be happy.. I did it !! .. :biggrin