A few facts from Las Vegas

FikseGTS

GT Owner
Apr 15, 2007
South Florida
exactly, the 675LT is the current top dog in the segment....

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Not impressed with the top Speed.. I've had my old girl up to 206 MPH GPSed .. :biggrin

ThatPhilBrettGuy

GT Owner
May 9, 2007
London, UK.

Raj said as much at Rally 11

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Not impressed with the top Speed.. I've had my old girl up to 206 MPH GPSed .. :biggrin

Yep, my old girl has that beat on torque 750+, HP 740+, top speed 212.5+. :biggrin

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006

LTs are nice cars and sub $400k give or take now. I have a 650S and suposedly the LT is a big jump up in performance

john gourley

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 27, 2006
Peeling the layers back. Very exciting.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
The aero and suspension are really the core "party tricks" of the car.

And they make the car unlike any other road legal car today! Any word on weight?

Ed

FrankTheTank

GT Owner
Jul 27, 2016
Austin, Texas
How about factory tie down points for transport? Will that be an option?

JOETWINT

FORD GT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 22, 2008
Brooklyn N.Y.
Wow ! what a car.Very happy for all those getting one.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
How about factory tie down points for transport? Will that be an option?
I'm guessing no. they would only add weight. Most transpoters are doing wheel baskets etc..

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Keep the focus and purpose of this car in mind and don't be disappointed if it's not the drag strip king. There is way, way more going on with this car than straight line acceleration. This car was conceived and designed to win Le Mans, where aero is the all-consuming consideration. Never before has a production car so closely resemble the race car. If it's tenths slower through the quarter mile then Brand X, Model Y, and you're upset about it, you don't get the point of the car.

otis

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 13, 2011
Stillwater, MN
We should get both acceleration and track dominance. In the 675LT for 400k it's both the acceleration gold standard (both 0-60 and 1/4 mile) and the track king right now. Nothing short of the hypercars can touch it. Ford has had 3 years to improve upon this benchmark. I've got big expectations from Ford on this car and expect them to deliver.

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas

As long as the Ford outperforms the Mac in reliability I can live with a couple of tenths difference in performance. It would be interesting to hear from tne GT development team how many times the 675 broke during their comparison work....

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
We should get both acceleration and track dominance. In the 675LT for 400k it's both the acceleration gold standard (both 0-60 and 1/4 mile) and the track king right now. Nothing short of the hypercars can touch it. Ford has had 3 years to improve upon this benchmark. I've got big expectations from Ford on this car and expect them to deliver.

Expect away.

Mar 15, 2006
Awesome!

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
Just in time for Christmas some of the information I wanted the most! In agreement with many of you on several points. Can not wait to drive and drive and drive it. Tracking the GT should be a requirement! So good!

Vince H

FikseGTS

GT Owner
Apr 15, 2007
South Florida
I drove an LT a few weeks ago, awesome car, also raced it with my 650S, LT is faster, but closer than I thought.... didn't see worth the upgrade premium over my 650S.... I have everything on hold anyways waiting for the GT...

LTs are nice cars and sub $400k give or take now. I have a 650S and suposedly the LT is a big jump up in performance

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Its a race car for sure! Since none of are pros.,take the time to learn the car.Its a lot more car than 99% of us can handle!
Respect demanded!

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
Guessing you were talking about Mosing and me in the 1%

cobra498

GT Owner
Jul 14, 2010
Central Ca;ifornia
Keep the focus and purpose of this car in mind and don't be disappointed if it's not the drag strip king. There is way, way more going on with this car than straight line acceleration. This car was conceived and designed to win Le Mans, where aero is the all-consuming consideration. Never before has a production car so closely resemble the race car. If it's tenths slower through the quarter mile then Brand X, Model Y, and you're upset about it, you don't get the point of the car.

If weight comes in on target every aspect of performance will be good, assuming that target is under 2900 pounds. If not, there is always the potential for a boost increase...