2014 Corvette C7

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
The rear end looks better with the blacked out lower panel in the latest rendering.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsQGcD0TJvw

Live reveal channel. on right now.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Interior not looking too hot, but this is not a surprise. It's not a Bentley.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
I like it a lot.

Now will there be a Z06 or a ZR 1 in the works that will have pumped out fenders and upgraded suspension etc. :confused

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
I want one.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I don't like the front view or front 3/4. The ass end is so big it makes it look like it took a dump in its pants.

The side profile and the overhead 3/4 front are pretty sweet. I don't mind the back end either. Gonna be some older dudes bitching about it though.

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
Antithesis of the FGT. Electronic controls for about everything excepting the weather.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
That Stingray badge is SUPER lame. Oh GM, when will you ever learn...

xlarge.jpg

xlarge.jpg

xlarge.jpg

Too many vents/scoops against red. Should look better on a dark grey or something.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
I don't like the front view or front 3/4. The ass end is so big it makes it look like it took a dump in its pants.

The camera angle they choose for the reveal made it look worse. It looks very nice in profile at street level. They rear doesn't look too bad. I like it much more than I thought I would.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
I'm withholding final 'judgment' until I see it in person...but, right now my take on the car is exactly what it was when Jalopink first leaked the original spy photos (renditions?) some months ago. :rolleyes

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
I didn't catch whether the 99lb weight reduction was for the entire car or just the chassis, but if it represents a reduction in curb weight, that puts it at about 3,100 lbs. That is seriously light for a mass production V8 sports car in base guise.

CJ428

Farm GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 21, 2008
NJ
any thing is better than what they have now. Ill still take a 65.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
That Stingray badge is SUPER lame.

But 87 prancing horses and F-car script on every single possible component isn't? Just sayin in a teasing way. :wink

I see a much better looking F12 for 1/4-1/3rd the cost and I will bet the coming performance models equal or best the F12 performance.

I bleed Ford blue more than most, but I am going to tip my hat on this one. As a base model, I am impressed, if the ZR1 turns out to be a good as it could be, I may just want one.

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
I didn't catch whether the 99lb weight reduction was for the entire car or just the chassis, but if it represents a reduction in curb weight, that puts it at about 3,100 lbs. That is seriously light for a mass production V8 sports car in base guise.

The 99# weight reduction was in the use of aluminum vs. steel frame in prior car, as I recall. The big emphasis was on improved frame stiffness (57%) over the prior C6.

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
well i just saw the unveling and the car looks much better than i thought it would. of all the new cars 2013 and newer available i think it looks the best. it is much better looking than the new viper. with that said i might trade my C5 Z06 for the new vette. i think that stingray is cool :cool

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
But 87 prancing horses and F-car script on every single possible component isn't? Just sayin in a teasing way. :wink

I see a much better looking F12 for 1/4-1/3rd the cost and I will bet the coming performance models equal or best the F12 performance.

I bleed Ford blue more than most, but I am going to tip my hat on this one. As a base model, I am impressed, if the ZR1 turns out to be a good as it could be, I may just want one.

Do you think I'm a big Ferrari fan or something? :lol I don't get down on mega brand badging of any kind, but that Stingray looks like a cheesy .50 cent monopoly piece. It's like they had a conference call on what they could stick on the side of the car specifically for Top Gear to make fun of. "Look, it even comes with it's own shiny plastic little fish on the side."

I'm pretty sure the F12 and any Corvette aren't cross-shopped. :lol

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Do you think I'm a big Ferrari fan or something?"

Not really, but the majority of the automotive world typically holds the Ferrari as the "can do no wrong make", (I used to be that way myself) and I am pointing out something they have been doing a lot of in the last 10-15 years. They over badge the living daylights out of their products. I guess I am basing it on the video posted on the F12 release so if I am wrong, I apologize and I tried to type it in a tongue in cheek fashion, "elbow to the ribs teasing".

I'm pretty sure the F12 and any Corvette aren't cross-shopped. :lol

I am sure you are absolutely correct on this.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Pretty disappointing reveal. I was hoping for a video that would top "The One," but all I got was self-congratulatory talking heads, an ass that looks like a Camaro (not a good start point), headlights trying to be an American 458, huge checkered V badges (presumably so it can be distinguished from a Viper in rear view mirrors), overwrought stying from any angle.

God love small block pushrod V8s...with direct injection! America! Eff yeah!

I could quickly overlook the extremely disappointing styling if I see numbers that kick ZO6 assss. And...could there be...at long last...decent seats?

But damn, I'll be seriously old when C8 gets here.

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
C7 Gallery

C7

Attachments

• 05_2014_chevrolet_corvette_reveal.jpg
    05_2014_chevrolet_corvette_reveal.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 157