2 GT500 KRs at Covert Ford Austin

djs

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 7, 2007
Just picked up an '08 Mercury Mariner for my high schooler son (really nice little truck-ette), and I asked the dealer about the KR they had when this thread started. He discreetly told me that they did sell it--- for well under list. He seemed genuinely relieved they were able to sell it at all.::eek

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Been watching quite a few KR auctions on eBay. A few transactions at or just below MSRP, a few weeks ago. Now bidding seems to be stalling at about $70K or no one bids on the ones with bidding starting above sticker. I think they will be going for well under sticker as the year ends and we move into Jan/Feb. On a separate note, I got to look at a Vette ZR1 yesterday at the local Chevy dealer. I'm sure the car performs, but visually it didn't do anything for me. Looks like a Z-06 with a bulged hood and some minor body work changes. I love the looks of the KR and would rather go that route if I had to pick.

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
I received an unsolicited email from a Ford dealer in TN today letting me know that they have a KR on the floor. No response when I replyed that my local dealer has 3. Supply and demand.

FORDGT001

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2005
The KR's are dumping fast.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
I received an unsolicited email from a Ford dealer in TN today letting me know that they have a KR on the floor. No response when I replyed that my local dealer has 3. Supply and demand.

Sounds more like Supply and Supply. :wink

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
This is one KR that won't be rushed off the showroom floor.

Look at the ADM...Wishful thinking. Saw this today at Theodore Robbins in Costa Mesa area.

IMG_0435.jpg

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
The local Chrys dealer here wants $8K "over" on a blk Challenger RT 6-spd they just got in ('365 horse Hemi "RT" - not the 425 horse Hemi SRT8).

I guess they're just one more dealer who hasn't gotten the word yet re: "premiums" in today's car mkt...:frown

(BTW - that car in BLACK is just plain wicked lookin'! :banana)

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
The local Chrys dealer here wants $8K "over" on a blk Challenger RT 6-spd they just got in ('365 horse Hemi "RT" - not the 425 horse Hemi SRT8).

I guess they're just one more dealer who hasn't gotten the word yet re: "premiums" in today's car mkt...:frown

(BTW - that car in BLACK is just plain wicked lookin'! :banana)

The black SRT8 Challenger is a great looking car, but empirical data obtained during a head to head comparison while driving home yesterday from the Bradenton Supercar Shootout in my '08 GT500 has shown the SRT8 is no match for the Shelby.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
The black SRT8 Challenger is a great looking car, but empirical data obtained during a head to head comparison while driving home yesterday from the Bradenton Supercar Shootout in my '08 GT500 has shown the SRT8 is no match for the Shelby.

I would sure HOPE so! It's 220lbs or so lighter and rated at 75 more hp! (or so say the two factories)

I like 'em both - as well as the new Camaro...if it ever sees the light of day with a REAL engine in it.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
I like 'em both - as well as the new Camaro...if it ever sees the light of day with a REAL engine in it.

I don't think that will see the light of day, after the car czar is appointed by the new *em*/Green led *eds. Buy you muscle cars now, because they will be dinosaurs soon.

Last edited:

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
I don't think that will see the light of day, after the car czar is appointed by the new Demo/Green led Feds. Buy you muscle cars now, because they will be dinosaurs soon.

+1 :frown:frown:frown

Us car guys will simply hafta return to building our own...........again. ASSUMING THAT WILL STILL BE LEGAL!

Last edited:

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Careful!
Ice is getting thin!

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
+1 :frown:frown:frown

Us car guys will simply hafta return to building our own...........again. ASSUMING THAT WILL STILL BE LEGAL!

In CA they green saviours got that covered too, with CARB regulations and SB100. Only 500 customs cars can be registered per year in the entire state of CA. Those cars not registered via SB100 must meet SMOG standards and tests in most cases unless you got and pre 1975 (not sure of the exact date) block and chassis!

Last edited:

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
In CA they green saviours got that covered too, with CARB regulations and SB100. Only 500 customs cars can be registered per year in the entire state of CA. Those cars not registered via SB100 must meet SMOG standards and tests in most cases unless you got and pre 1975 (not sure of the exact date) block and chassis!

What about, ahem, building/buying a car "out of state" and bringing it "in"? I suppose it's the same deal?

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
You can't bring into California a hot rod or home built that has been licensed in another state and expect to get plates without going through SB100 process.

The pre-smog blocks are 1967 and earlier, and these motors can't emit more pollutants than they did back in their year of production. Thus eliminating cams and carbs

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
You can't bring into California a hot rod or home built that has been licensed in another state and expect to get plates without going through SB100 process.

The pre-smog blocks are 1967 and earlier, and these motors can't emit more pollutants than they did back in their year of production. Thus eliminating cams and carbs

What a wonderfully free state in which to reside. :willy

Waxer

Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 22, 2007
Went to a local ford dealer in July and inquired about a GT500 on the floor. White w/blue stripes. $47K list. I offered list. Wasn't good enough. They wanted $15K over list. I walked out.

Car is still sitting there. I was thinking of going back in now and offering $15K under list.

Kinda hard to feel sorry for them.

dmule8167

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2005
I was able to purchase a black/black stripe '09 KR with all options for 4K under sticker. Things are changing fast.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
good buy, congrats :)

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Enjoy your new KR! And post pics if you have a chance!