Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
03/03/2007
Best time 11.42 (three times in a row)
Best trap 129.784mph
On nitto drags. Bone stock for now!
37 Passes at the track so far!

darn strong, obviously you got a launch down. Tell us how you leave the line, I have yet to put #1153 on a strip.:cheers

gtkurt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 25, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Do you have the data from these runs? 60 foot, 1000, etc.

Thanks,
Nate

60ft:1.72/1.75/1.77 The 1.72 my cluch was sliping a little.I had just raced a twin turbo viper and he wanted to go agin. so he lost twice!:lol With my car I have to give the cluch a little time in between runs or it will start to slip. But dont fear once it cools it has never given me any trouble.
1000ft:95.31/95.64/94.63

gtkurt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 25, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
those are some great times you are runnin there. :thumbsup was this at firebird or speedworld? what was your 60 foot time?

Speedworld. Scottsdale Exotic Car Club track day 03/03/07
It was a good day well prepped track!:thumbsup

gtkurt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 25, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
darn strong, obviously you got a launch down. Tell us how you leave the line, I have yet to put #1153 on a strip.:cheers

Hey Bony
Good to hear from you. I am sure you read I decided to have my Whipple installed hear instead of Fresno. We will have to meet up some other time. Any plans to come back to Scottsdale. How sideways do you think I can get with the Whipple? It might be worth watching:lol
My launch is simple if the track is good I will leave at 5000 RPM If it is relay good 5500 RPM. I just walk it out. I try to let the clutch out evenly as I floor it.
I have tryed dumping the clutch (like I used to do in my Vipers) this always makes the car bog or fall on its face. That technique does not seem to work with these cars at all. I hope this helps.
Kurt

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Hey Bony
Good to hear from you. I am sure you read I decided to have my Whipple installed hear instead of Fresno. We will have to meet up some other time. Any plans to come back to Scottsdale. How sideways do you think I can get with the Whipple? It might be worth watching:lol
My launch is simple if the track is good I will leave at 5000 RPM If it is relay good 5500 RPM. I just walk it out. I try to let the clutch out evenly as I floor it.
I have tryed dumping the clutch (like I used to do in my Vipers) this always makes the car bog or fall on its face. That technique does not seem to work with these cars at all. I hope this helps.
Kurt

Hello Kurt,
You stopped my heart once,.... that is enough. I will say your reflexes are hell of lot faster than mine. How you recovered that night is beyond me. Careful with the Whipple, you have at least two hundred more ponies.
See you next January, when you leave in Fresno you sure as hell don't go to Arizona in the Summer.
God Bless America,
daniel