1st Dyno Run Today

digman1

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 8, 2007
Dallas Texas
Did my first dyno run today at Dallas Mustang, who have tuned many GT's in the area. After the first pull showed 561hp, they looked at the timing and air/fuel and decided it had been dyno-tuned by the previous owner, probably when he installed the transaxle cooler. After 4 more runs, they reached a peak hp of 573.5 and torque of 521.87 lbs. This was achieved at a safer amount of advance than the previous tuner had used. My expectations were for 490-525hp stock moving up to 530-550hp at best, so I am very pleased with the results. He asked if I wanted to do a pull at stock settings, but I was pushed for time and needed to go. Even at a 15% factor, it's making 660hp at the engine, and that is amazing for a stock engine! Here is a scan of the dyno run.

Last edited:

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
How does the increase in power feel compared to stock? Congrats on the results. I am completely stock at this point. Mods in april.

digman1

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 8, 2007
Dallas Texas
Just got on the highway and went straight home, so not enough seat time to tell. With that little amount of hp change, may not feel a thing, but glad to have tweaked here locally for a baseline, and at a safer setting than before.

MK2_GT

GTX1 Owner
Mar 25, 2006
very nice!

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
What A/F where they trying to zero in on?

427Aggie

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2005
Frisco, Tx
I don't think I've seen one this high without a pulley. Best I got with exhaust and tune was 520 then the pulley puts about 80 more on per Heffner and the Dyno I did. Most I have seen on the board from a stock with tune is 550...Do you know if the previous owner did the pulley with the cooler? 15PSI means you have a pulley as 12.5 would be stock.

If not then congrats thats a well setup motor you got..with the pulley you should be well into the mid 600's.

Matt

kumar

GT Owner
Jan 31, 2007
Dallas
Wow those are awesome numbers without a pulley.

How was your experience at Dallas Mustang? Im going to do a pulley and tune ASAP and trying to decide where to take it to.

gtkurt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 25, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
I just got mine dynoed 02/17/07 by ADC in Chandler AZ. It is totally stock on 91 octane with a Kenne Bell out of the box tune. 12 to 1 AF It made 571.82 RWHP and 517.42 RWTQ. I was totally shocked. It was a dyno day for the Scottsdale Exotic Car Club no one could believe it! This is the first car I have owned that exceeded my expectations on the dyno. Whipple,Stainless Works exhaust and Accufab on the way. I cant wait to go back with my new gear.
:banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana

kumar

GT Owner
Jan 31, 2007
Dallas
Ok I think I just figured out why the numbers are so high. On the graph, it says "uncorrected."

Numbers should be "SAE corrected" for comparison purposes.

gtkurt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 25, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Mine is SAE I would put it up but I have limited computer skills.

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
Did my first dyno run today at Dallas Mustang, who have tuned many GT's in the area. After the first pull showed 561hp, they looked at the timing and air/fuel and decided it had been dyno-tuned by the previous owner, probably when he installed the transaxle cooler. After 4 more runs, they reached a peak hp of 573.5 and torque of 521.87 lbs. This was achieved at a safer amount of advance than the previous tuner had used. My expectations were for 490-525hp stock moving up to 530-550hp at best, so I am very pleased with the results. He asked if I wanted to do a pull at stock settings, but I was pushed for time and needed to go. Even at a 15% factor, it's making 660hp at the engine, and that is amazing for a stock engine! Here is a scan of the dyno run.

Congrats on the pull! I wish I had a tuner close by that could do the same for my cars. (Hey, anyone out there that can help me in Norther Ohio please PM me!)

04mach1

Jan 2, 2007
Small town ohio
Congrats on the pull! I wish I had a tuner close by that could do the same for my cars. (Hey, anyone out there that can help me in Norther Ohio please PM me!)

You got a pm.

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
I just got mine dynoed 02/17/07 by ADC in Chandler AZ. It is totally stock on 91 octane with a Kenne Bell out of the box tune. 12 to 1 AF It made 571.82 RWHP and 517.42 RWTQ. I was totally shocked. It was a dyno day for the Scottsdale Exotic Car Club no one could believe it! This is the first car I have owned that exceeded my expectations on the dyno. Whipple,Stainless Works exhaust and Accufab on the way. I cant wait to go back with my new gear.
:banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana

adc in chandler? are you sure that wasn't "ads" in chandler right next to the harley dealership? was it a mustang dyno or a dynojet?

digman1

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 8, 2007
Dallas Texas
Ok I think I just figured out why the numbers are so high. On the graph, it says "uncorrected."

Numbers should be "SAE corrected" for comparison purposes.

You could switch back and forth on the corrected/ uncorrected, and it made about a 5-6hp difference.

On the pulley question, my riders have said it is pulling 12 or 12.5 lbs of boost.

The Dallas Mustang guys said again it was their highest stock hp and torque with just a tune. They were great to work with, and answered all questions. Hearing the GT at 185 mph was a treat.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Nice pulls, but the proof is on the track. Keith Kraft engines always pull 150hp on Gesford but for whatever reason they seem to be nose to nose on the track. To clarify, I own motors from both builders who I respect. Both engines pull nearly identical 60' and 1/4 mile times so I think the motors are the same. One appears to be stronger based on the dyno, but not on the track. AGAIN, DYNO RUNS ARE GREAT TO SEE WHAT THE IMPROVEMENTS ARE, SO A BEFORE AND AFTER PULL ARE WARRANTED. THEY ARE ALSO GREAT TO BREAK A MOTOR IN AND BETTER IT GRENADE ON THE DYNO THAN AFTER JUST BEING INSTALLED. But, the again it is just my two cent.

Last edited:

gtkurt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 25, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
adc in chandler? are you sure that wasn't "ads" in chandler right next to the harley dealership? was it a mustang dyno or a dynojet?

It is ADC Arizona dyno chip. There are in ADS's old building. ADC uses a dynojet. ADS is going to install my new Whipple ect. ADS does use a mustang. Its almost like a tong twister.:lol

gtkurt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 25, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Nice pulls, but the proof is on the track. Keith Kraft engines always pull 150hp on Gesford but for whatever reason they seem to be nose to nose on the track. To clarify, I own motors from both builders who I respect. Both engines pull nearly identical 60' and 1/4 mile times so I think the motors are the same. One appears to be stronger based on the dyno, but not on the track. AGAIN, DYNO RUNS ARE GREAT TO SEE WHAT THE IMPROVEMENTS ARE, SO A BEFORE AND AFTER PULL ARE WARRANTED. THEY ARE ALSO GREAT TO BREAK A MOTOR IN AND BETTER IT GRENADE ON THE DYNO THAN AFTER JUST BEING INSTALLED. But, the again it is just my two cent.

03/03/2007
Best time 11.42 (three times in a row)
Best trap 129.784mph
On nitto drags. Bone stock for now!
37 Passes at the track so far!

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
It is ADC Arizona dyno chip. There are in ADS's old building. ADC uses a dynojet. ADS is going to install my new Whipple ect. ADS does use a mustang. Its almost like a tong twister.:lol

Mike runs the dyno and does the computer tuning at "ADS". tell Mike that Fast Freddy in Tucson bought a GT. back when Mike used to work at extreme motorsports in Tempe he tuned my vette and my lightning. Mikes the best :thumbsup

04mach1

Jan 2, 2007
Small town ohio
03/03/2007
Best trap 129.784mph

Do you have the data from these runs? 60 foot, 1000, etc.

Thanks,
Nate

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
03/03/2007
Best trap 129.784mph

those are some great times you are runnin there. :thumbsup was this at firebird or speedworld? what was your 60 foot time?