Congratulations Heffner, PeakCompletions, Gary Javo!

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
The article is in. The whooping is complete. Congratulations guys! The GT is probably going off the magazine circuit, and with a bang! :cheers

(p.s, need twins)

osc1.jpg

osc2.jpg

osc3.jpg

osc4.jpg

osc5.jpg

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
and thanks to Silverbullitt for the scans!

osc6.jpg

osc7.jpg

osc8.jpg

osc9.jpg

osc10.jpg

STUNTS

FORD GT OWNER & LITTLE TIMMYS DAD!
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
SoCal
Love it!!!

DoctorV8

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 28, 2006
Houston
Wow, great article! Now I don't have to rush home to check the mailbox for C&D every day. ;-) I wish they would have specified each car's tire size/type in the data panels...seems to be a big oversight, esp considering they mentioned brake pad brands...and no mention of tires?

Amazing that our little 5.4s can hold up against cars with significantly more cubes, not to mention significant internal modifications.

Dave, do you know if the Viper was significantly different from the one that outran the Veyron in R&T?

Last edited:

avant

GT Owner
Apr 22, 2007
calgary, canada
heffner

My son and I were at Jason's shop last week to pick up new exhaust and a whipple. Jason was gracious enough to show us some of his latest projects and we were lucky enough to view the yellow tt that killed the competition!
I personally want to thank Jason for taking the time with me and making sure I got exactly what I needed for my mods.
I hauled the whipple back with me on the plane (TSA was not impressed, obviously not car guys), I look forward to installing it soon. If it's half the performance of the Javo car I'll be peeing my pants.

Mark

Chris A.

GT #32
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 6, 2007
Ortega Mountain, CA
THANKS for posting that!!

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Amazing that our little 5.4s can hold up against cars with significantly more cubes, not to mention significant internal modifications.

Dave, do you know if the Viper was significantly different from the one that outran the Veyron in R&T?

Yes, it is crazy. The other plus is that if you want to turn it up and run some race gas, the "little" 5.4 will make extreme gains compared to the other cars.

I'm not sure on the Viper. I'm sure John will post up and answer that.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
One other thing the article doesn't say...

The GT and the Gallardo arrived in town early. Gary, Jason, Peak, Camilo, myself, George, and a couple other people spent a few days whipping around town. The Yellow car got clobbered on the Ford test facility track. We did a few laps of Detroit at GP pace. Drove the cars to and from Oscoda.

None of the other cars did that. These are real cars that you can take out, have a good time in, clobber on the track, then head home. Obvious, nothing is bulletproof forever at these power levels, but it's close.

It's a shame they don't still build GT's, or Jason would be a busy busy guy. Luckily, he seems to be doing ok with the Gallardos. :wink

TurboTim

Dec 24, 2007
Texas
That was an awesome performance by all participents, congrats to all. Who selects the competitors? Would have been nice to see how some of the faster vipers would have done.

nthfinity

Apr 18, 2006
South East MI
One other thing the article doesn't say...

The GT and the Gallardo arrived in town early. Gary, Jason, Peak, Camilo, myself, George, and a couple other people spent a few days whipping around town. The Yellow car got clobbered on the Ford test facility track. We did a few laps of Detroit at GP pace. Drove the cars to and from Oscoda.
k

I seem to recall giving you a ring while I was on top of Comerica park ;) Those 1/2 mile away photos of the cars on Woodward in Downtown Detroit are on the site somewhere.

thanks for the scans :)

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
We can hope that there will be another supertuner challenge in C&D. If so the tuner(s) would be crazy not to come with their best weapon. Hopefully the GT will show up for a few more ass kickings. Everyone needs to get this issue. The ZR1 is mentioned earlier in the mag and is even on the cover. Compare the possible numbers to this entire group of cars. It makes the ZR1 look boring.

I also fully disagree with the do over they gave the vette. Bring back the GT with supersticky tires on a cold day. 0-200-0 in less than 25.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
See the last item in the facts and figures box :lol

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
It's amazing how the Vette and the GT has similar stats considering the Vette weighs less and has more power.

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
It's amazing how the Vette and the GT has similar stats considering the Vette weighs less and has more power.

And the GT doesn't go "Boiinng" after every run.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Great article.... great tuners, congrats Jason!

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit

Part of that is that the all the dyno numbers are wrong. No way the GT (or any midengine car) loses as much through the driveline as the Vette. Probably 4-5% less. So, what the motors actually produce is wrong. They just use 15% as an assumption for all the cars.

The other thing is that I don't believe that was the power level the Vette actually ran at. When we were at the dyno, every one went and whatnot, and when the GT put down 933rwhp, they put the Vette back on the dyno and turned it up a notch. Knowing what that car ran previously in testing, it's making more than 1109 crank. Alot more. Everyone sandbags at these things. With modern TT cars, you can make big changes with a few button presses.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Oh, and p.s, that Vette was nowhere near being lighter. It was over 3700 lbs. That car has almost nothing to do with a regular Z06. It was 150 lbs heavier than the GT on the scales. This test kind of shows the difference between the Viper and GT, and then the Corvette. The latter is not suitable for the punishing power levels the others can take.

nthfinity

Apr 18, 2006
South East MI
And the GT doesn't go "Boiinng" after every run.

I was wondering about that, I was at numerous days of testing of the LPE car, and never once was there a single issue with the rotors with repeated runs all day + full braking at speed. ... albiet, it was a bit warmer those days then when LPE went back.

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
Oh, and p.s, that Vette was nowhere near being lighter. It was over 3700 lbs. That car has almost nothing to do with a regular Z06. It was 150 lbs heavier than the GT on the scales.

Holy crap! That's a lot of Vette!

Given how everything performed, I may get back into a GT before any other car. Those numbers are freakin' crazy! It's funny how much faster (as well as braking) it is than a TTG.

My question is when is Ray bringing his car out to Cali to give me a test drive? :biggrin

Mar 15, 2006
Congratulations to Ray Hoffman, Gary Javo and Jason Heffner for putting on an impressive overall performance. I hate to lose at anything. But these guys won while playing the game with class - so they all have my respect.