Autometer direct fit replacement gauges - Orders accepted beginning Monday 11/10/2014

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Auto Meter is pleased to announce we're taking orders for our new 2-5/8" Ford GT instrumentation. Please see the attached JPG for p/n's, pricing and release timing.

Feel free to call me Monday to place your advance orders as I'm on the road today. My full contact information appears below.

Thank you,
Brett Littlefield
---
Auto Meter Products
Commercial OEM Solutions Mgr
http://bit.ly/AMPCATALOG
(815) 991-2267 desk

Part #

880592 Engine Temp - $225.00
880593 Oil Pressure - $225.00
880594 Voltmeter - $225.00
880595 Boost Vac - $225.00
880596 Fuel Level - $225.00

Gauges available 2/2/2015

Pre-orders accepted Monday 11/10/2015

5% discount prior to 12/1/14

debtdrives

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 20, 2007
Oakland, Michigan 48363
Good news! Did they ever say what the problem was with the originals?

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
Good news but worthless unless they decide what to do with the speedo and tach. If they plan on making replacements for those, I'll buy them all and replace the whole cluster. If they leave those out, I'm going with Speedhut as it seems like just a matter of time before one or all of them take a crap.

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
That's excellent news. Dave, do you happen to know if they'll be making a Canadian face gas gauge (gas tank symbol instead of the word "FUEL")?

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
Think we owe a nice round of thanks to DBK for hearing the gauges issues and staying on top of this Autometer solution...

Many can buy the usual troubled guages (eg, Oil) and put on their shelf OR do full set.

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
Good news but worthless unless they decide what to do with the speedo and tach. If they plan on making replacements for those, I'll buy them all and replace the whole cluster. If they leave those out, I'm going with Speedhut as it seems like just a matter of time before one or all of them take a crap.
Ditto.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
:agree: I have a bad speedo.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida

Tach tells you speed.

But...It's cool that these small gauges are being offered at a reasonable price. Still, it makes zero sense that the tach and speedo aren't being redone. If they were, I think many, if not most, owners would go for the these over the Speedhuts. But why leave the dead tachs and speedos out in the cold?

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
Tach tells you speed.

But...It's cool that these small gauges are being offered at a reasonable price. Still, it makes zero sense that the tach and speedo aren't being redone. If they were, I think many, if not most, owners would go for the these over the Speedhuts. But why leave the dead tachs and speedos out in the cold?

Yes, but you have to remember what gear you are in and remember the multiplier for each gear. I ran the Mojave mile with no speedo, I didn't look at any gauges, just the road and my shift LED. Looking at the gauges won't help you go any faster.

Now I have a set of Speedhuts and my happy with them.

Last edited:

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV

Brett had already left for home when I was at their SEMA booth today. The other guy there seemed to know a little but wouldn't comment one way or the other on status of the speedo and tach. I reminded him that people will still go to the Speedhuts becasue if one of those fails you still needed the cluster. He said he would take the message back to world headquarters.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Here's a picture of the flyer they had at SEMA. Word there was that there would be no Speedometer or Tachometer, due to tooling costs. Rex (Cobrar) is planning to talk to them regarding the tooling...

View attachment 36158

Last edited:

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
Im framing that pic

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Im framing that pic

I'll replace it tomorrow with one without a fold in it...

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
Not to take anything away from those involved to get the new gauges, but...

I'm going to be brutally blunt, when you do a job 1/2 way (a$$) and take 3x longer than it should why bother? I have to believe that most competent marketing guys/gals would know this.

Go Speedhut and stop holding your breath for a complete set.

I have to believe a lot of these top $ garage queens will not have a complete set of working OEM gauges in the future.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Here's a picture of the flyer they had at SEMA. Word there was that there would be no Speedometer or Tachometer, due to tooling costs. Rex (Cobrar) is planning to talk to them regarding the tooling...

View attachment 36152

Usually, if you are not intimately involved, this type of ad could fool you.

But, this is...this is...damn....this is just so sad.

Missing is..."Our OEM gauges sucked...yes, sucked worse than any gauges in automotive history.. but!...we think you should buy these to replace our shitty OEM gauges."

"No longer need to compromise." Get the **** out of here!

Does that sum it up?

I was feeling ok about the new gauges...until this ad.

Last edited:

cobra498

GT Owner
Jul 14, 2010
Central Ca;ifornia
Thanks for all your effort Dave, would not have happened without you.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
"...combine the original equipment materials with Auto Meter's race proven Digital Stepper Motor Drive."

Well...****! Too bad all of us didn't get OEM PLUS! your race proven cool shit.

junior

GT Owner
Mar 9, 2007
So Cal
This is welcoming news, thanks to all involved. What type of motor is in the factory original gauges ?

What if they use the same manufacturing approach on the tach and speedo as Project 321 FGT jewelry parts, a good way to gauge interest vs. tooling cost, no ? I mean we know there are quite a few people now with broken tachs and speedos, or how about Ford, in a good faith gesture, reduce the retail price on the tach/speedo. at the end of the day if there's a will there's a way, theory proven by what DBk and others accomplished on the remaining gauges. :cheers

Last edited:

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
I agree with you Xcentric. They produced a bad product and now they want to charge us for the replacement and we're supposed to believe it's better than the originals? However, I disagree with your earlier statement that the price is good. I think $225 for an oil gauge, fuel gauge, etc. is very excessive. I think $50 would be more reasonable especially considering they sold us faulty gauges in the first place. How much does a oil gauge cost at AutoZone, $70-$100? We should get a hefty discount.

Last edited:

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Im framing that pic

I'll replace it tomorrow with one without a fold in it...

Picture replaced

Last edited: