Ford GT Media Launch Review Compilation! Articles and Videos Within!

mccarter1369

Ford Enthusiast
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 18, 2006
Denver, CO
Just found the answer on "tech crunch"....
"But speaking of technology: Ford is launching a Performance racing companion app, and it’ll be exclusive to the GT at first. You pop open the app on your phone, plug it into the car via USB, and it acts as a super purpose-focused GoPro. It records video, all while pulling speed, gear, and GPS data straight from the engine. At the end of your laps, it dumps it all out in a straight-to-Facebook-ready video, complete with lap times and a video game-style map of your realtime position as you blast around the track. Ford’s not the only one doing this (Chevy has something in a similar vein with their Performance Data Recorder), but it’s a nice touch and hopefully it trickles down to their other vehicles quickly."

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Laps with Dirk:

[video=youtube;C3gjZhJ-ovo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3gjZhJ-ovo[/video]

FENZO

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 7, 2008
Lafayette, CO
Laps with Dirk:

136.122 on the 2nd lap. A quick search of "Utah Motorsports Campus Lap Times" illustrates just how impressive that is. With a passenger! Of course I have no idea about the track set ups.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
They were going a lot quicker than that later. Joey and Dirk got in a bit of a contest.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
They were going a lot quicker than that later. Joey and Dirk got in a bit of a contest.

LOL - why doesn't that surprise me! I hope a video of that surfaces!

Ed

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
Love it... almost feels like being in the car... well almost :)

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida

What's the record for the West course?

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
These videos are so cool!

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida

LGrasso

Jul 31, 2016
Sarasota, FL
What's the record for the West course?

Here's a list I found with some lap times on the west course.
http://www.scca-cdr.org/library/documents/track/mmp_west.pdf

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Did any GTs go off track during the media weeks?

Ed

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
"It's going to make a lot of people very happy."

I'm happy & I don't even have the car yet!

Ed

Last edited:

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
136.122 on the 2nd lap. A quick search of "Utah Motorsports Campus Lap Times" illustrates just how impressive that is. With a passenger! Of course I have no idea about the track set ups.

Briscoe ran a 135.186

Last edited:

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
My Favorite parts of his article :

And so, I’ll start this off by making one thing clear: this is not a touring car. This is not a luxury car. This is not one of those supercars that you bring to a club on a Friday night, and all your friends are wowed by the fact that the leather on the door panels is perfectly color-matched to your favorite pair of socks, and also you’ve convinced the factory to finish the climate control air vent slats in fur identical to that of your childhood stuffed animal. This is not one of those cars. This is not one of those cars where you agonize over deviated stitching and a custom aardvark skin parking brake handle.

No- this is a serious, angry, mean performance car, which has stripped away all that drama to focus on the driving experience. It is almost ruthless in that sense. A lot of cars say they do this, but the Ford GT actually does this, and I’m going to give you some examples. "

" But while you trade away all the comfort stuff that tends to wow people when they get inside a Ferrari or a Lamborghini, you get back something else: the single most precise, most explosive vehicle I’ve ever driven in my entire life. That’s another thing I’m not exaggerating.
You Need To Get Over The V6 Thing
First, let’s talk acceleration. The entire “not a V12 or a V8” argument is rendered moot the moment you step on the gas pedal when you’re in the GT’s “track” mode, because it moves at such a massive, blast-off, rocket-ship pace that you no longer really care what engine is behind you; you simply wonder if they’re going to have to use dental records to identify your body.

And my favorite part .. drum roll .. " Some people would rather have their aardvark skin parking brake handles. This car is made for drivers who laugh at those people. "

Last edited:

stuntman

GT Owner
Jan 15, 2015
Briscoe ran a 135.186
I have a friend whose an instructor there and said Scott Maxwell was doing consistent 35s with passengers.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
I have a friend whose an instructor there and said Scott Maxwell was doing consistent 35s with passengers.

Dang,, did you here that one guy giggling like a school girl the whole time.. fun for all ..

Last edited:

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
Dang,, did you here that one guy giggling the whole time.. fun for all ..
I think that would have been me too. :lol I really hope there are some ride alongs at the Rally. :thumbsup

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
Just saw Autobog's video with Greg Migliore... I've heard the stats over and over again, but it never gets old!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
It's amazing how many people are taking the media week stock Ford footage & making their own videos. I like the one where it says the NGT has an aluminum body! LOL

Ed

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
It's amazing how many people are taking the media week stock Ford footage & making their own videos. I like the one where it says the NGT has an aluminum body! LOL

Ed

Hmmm, so it shares the engine and the body of the F150... Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk