Ford GT Media Launch Review Compilation! Articles and Videos Within!

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit

Pat Milliken Ford

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Feb 15, 2017
Redford, Michigan
Thanks Dave for putting this all in one place! Lots of reading and watching to do this weekend!

stuntman

GT Owner
Jan 15, 2015
Sweet!

Last edited:

Topnotch

Dec 2, 2015
[video=youtube;JMe0YwrwJLA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMe0YwrwJLA[/video]

The Verge

Topnotch

Dec 2, 2015

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
WOW!! That must have some kinda' punch Ford was serving out there in Utah!! ;-))

In aggregate, those are some really strong reviews given the variety of journalist (driving capability, experience) attendees! Interesting that some seem (accurately IMO) to place the GT in a category by itself, looking past the obvious immediate tendency for comparison to benchmark/competitor products. Traditional hardcore data comparisons to come, I suppose.

Appreciate your compiling all of the reviews here in this thread, Dave. Not so sure my local magazine retailer will feel the same! ;-))

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
[video=youtube;jWjMdte9W88]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWjMdte9W88[/video]

Wrap YouTube urls in the tag [ VIDEO] [ /VIDEO] without the spaces to embed them directly in the page.

BAT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 11, 2012
Central Mitten
Did anybody drive the comp package car?

Hans Efde

Jan 16, 2016
[video=youtube;7AZLu45nl5A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AZLu45nl5A[/video]

Doug DeMuro. Love this guy. He is the first one to show that the door mirrors have different positions! What? Also first time we get a good look at the racing harness. Love the Ford Performance/GT embroidery but would still think red ones look better. Silly that you can't kill the beep of the regular seatbelts. That means carrying 2 dummy buckles around to keep the computer happy.

Last edited:

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
:willy

Simply put, this car is amazing: It's a marvel of technology, it's a masterpiece of weight savings in the interests of performance, it's brutally fast, and it's tremendously adept at going around corners on a race track. I also find its appearance to be exciting and aggressive -- though, certainly, some of you will disagree; styling, after all, is subjective. Put it all together, and you have one simple truth: This is best exotic car I've ever driven.

This car is probably not worth $500,000 if you're expecting a touring car with a luxury ride and a lot of cool gadgets to wow your friends. The Ferrari 488 is more forgiving; the Lamborghini Huracan has a much nicer cockpit; the Lamborghini Aventador is more practical (there's a phrase I never thought I'd write); the Ferrari F12 is more usable. If you're buying the GT thinking that you're going to bring it to night clubs and valet it at fancy restaurants, you're making a mistake. You'll hate it. It's not that kind of car.

The GT is absolutely worth $500,000 if you want to buy what is quite possibly the most thrilling driving experience in years: The most precise, the most explosive, the most exciting high performance car I've ever driven. If you want to storm your local twisty roads or run the table at your local track events, there won't be a better choice in the world. If that's your thing, you'll love it. You'll be tremendously satisfied with it. It's absolutely that kind of car.

:huge:

Topnotch

Dec 2, 2015
Sweet Mirror shot

ford-gt-review-07.jpg

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
^^^ Thats well put and exactly the kind of car that I'm interested in owning.

EDIT Whoops a post snuck in, I was commenting on DBK's quote one above the aerial shot

djs

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 7, 2007
Dave, if the guys at F Chat read all that, there's going to be mass suicides!

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Dave, if the guys at F Chat read all that, there's going to be mass suicides!

Yeah, they probably won't be quoting Top Gear saying the GT is definitely not a "run of the mill supercar like a 488." :lol

The truth is all these cars are awesome, but they are all tools for different jobs.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
[video=youtube;7AZLu45nl5A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AZLu45nl5A[/video]

Doug DeMuro. Love this guy. He is the first one to show that the door mirrors have different positions! What? Also first time we get a good look at the racing harness. Love the Ford Performance/GT embroidery but would still think red ones look better. Silly that you can't kill the beep of the regular seatbelts. That means carrying 2 dummy buckles around to keep the computer happy.

This is a great video, and has a cameo of Karl to boot!

My 2016 F150 allows me to go into settings and disable the seat belt warning chime.
I would think the same feature is available on the GT as well?

I see a car that has over delivered on expectations!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
One of the interesting things I learned was the two side mirrors are not located in the same location on both sides. The passengers side mirror is actually located further back on the door than the drivers side. It is visible on the blue GT photo above.

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
One of the interesting things I learned was the two side mirrors are not located in the same location on both sides. The passengers side mirror is actually located further back on the door than the drivers side. It is visible on the blue GT photo above.

It's funny to me that no one has noticed it until now, even though it was plainly visible on the blue GT at the 2015 auto show!
I've learned more about this car in the last 12 hours than I did in the last 12 months!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida

They learned that from our GT development.

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
These reviews are $%&*#$ great.

seems kind of like the Euros don't really like the car