Rally 10 drive from TX

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
Spirit and I are in from Central TX. I know several Houston and Dallas folks are going. We should end up at Dr Franks spot in IL outside St Louis either night 1 or 2 of the run. Dr. Frank will also join us from Temple since he will be working there. What route does everyone want to do to get from TX to IL?

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
Up through Little Rock looks like about 780 miles? A long day, but do-able

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Indy and i are working on schedule. I think 35 North to OKC and 44 into St Louis.

Mike Mosing

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 9, 2009
Florisiana
I could possibly pick up with y'all in Little Rock. I'm out of Lafayette, LA.

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
Sounds like a plan. How are the Houston/East Tx folks going? Should we meet in Texarkana?

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
As a soon to be Texan, I'd love to join the caravan, but I can't take that much time from work.:(

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
As a soon to be Texan, I'd love to join the caravan, but I can't take that much time from work.:(

On a positive note, you should be able to get a hat that fits.

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
On a positive note, you should be able to get a hat that fits.

There's not a state in the union that makes a hat that fits my ginormous noggin.

HiloDave

GT Obsessed
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 7, 2005
Hilo, Hawaii
I'm planning on going through Ok City on Friday, August 21 and would like to join y'all (did I spell that right?).

AMB

GT Owner
Aug 29, 2005
San Diego,Ca.
Silverbullitt: I-44 east from Oklahoma City is a "TOLL ROAD"!! About $15.00 in Tolls!!!

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
Heard a rumor that Dr Frank has relocated to Dallas, so that would modify plans. Any truth to this?

HiloDave

GT Obsessed
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 7, 2005
Hilo, Hawaii
No. That's just wishful thinking by his neighbors.

Heard a rumor that Dr Frank has relocated to Dallas, so that would modify plans. Any truth to this?

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
Dr, Frank will run with us from Temple. He has setup meeting spots and departure times so everyone can jump in along the way. I'll get him to post details.

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Count me in on the caravan up to Detroit. I'm in Cowtown.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
I am leaving Temple on Saturday Aug 22 at 7:00 AM and driving straight to Belleville (about 14 hours). I have talked to Hilo Dave, Silverbullitt and Spirit. I won't have been home for almost 3 months and need to get ready for Rally. I expect anyone coming to show up by my house on either Sunday Aug 23 or Monday Aug 24. Here is info on hotel: Drury Inn, 1118 Central Park Dr., O'Fallon, IL 62269. Direct phone number is 618-624-2211. Nice place, free internet, free breakfast, Starbuck's next door. Don't know rates. GT people have stayed there before and been happy.

When coming to St. Louis on I-44 from Oklahoma, the bridge across the Mississippi in downtown is being worked on, so as approaching St. Louis in Fenton, MO, take I-270 South towards Memphis, BUT stay on I-270 across the Jefferson Baracks bridge and pick up I-255 to I-64 East towards Louisville. More coming.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
We'll do dinners whatever as people show up. We will leave Tuesday morning at 7:00 AM for Detroit. Drive on I-70 to Indy (lose 1 hour at border), stop in Indy for lunch and gas, then continue up to Detroit. We will not meet anyone in Indy. We will drive up through Indiana to Michigan and then head East. Will post route later.

If anyone needs to ship luggage to my house, send me a PM and I'll send you my address.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Hilo Dave, you guys need to coordinate with Silverbullitt and Spirit on the trip from Oklahoma to Belleville. They said they might meet in in Oklahoima City or Tulsa. OKC to my house about 8 hours. Tulsa to my house about 6 hours. I am sending you an e-mail with their contact info and giving them your e-mail.

HiloDave

GT Obsessed
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 7, 2005
Hilo, Hawaii
Hilo Dave, you guys need to coordinate with Silverbullitt and Spirit on the trip from Oklahoma to Belleville. They said they might meet in in Oklahoima City or Tulsa. OKC to my house about 8 hours. Tulsa to my house about 6 hours. I am sending you an e-mail with their contact info and giving them your e-mail.

To SilverBullitt, Spirit and ByeEnzo,

We (AMB, Ed.Life and me) are planning to hit Ok City on evening of Sunday, August 23. If Tulsa is way better for you guys, we could press on and meet you there.

We have no idea about good spots to meet or hotels/motels in either city. What do you say?

Aloha,

HiloDave

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
I talked to dbtgt tonight and he is looking for an appropriate place in Tulsa

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
No. That's just wishful thinking by his neighbors.

LOL

He only works in Texas. He is really a Yankee. And since he hasn't been home for 3 months, I expect one of you to mow the yard, one to clean the inside of the house, one to go grocery shopping, etc! Ha!

Ed