PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
again........ :ack

RV King

GT Owner
Mar 20, 2007
Laguna Beach, CA
GTRs are for Magazine Racers....

I yet to see you show up for a Kart Race session Mr. Internet Racer! :banana :banana

RV King

GT Owner
Mar 20, 2007
Laguna Beach, CA
I guess he doesn't drive a 5 series?

Sam wouldn't drive a 5 series...He likes cars where you have to slam the doors to get them to close right. :biggrin

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Corvette ZR-1 knocks four seconds off 'Ring time

Back at the Nürburgring, the hot Chevrolet Corvette ZR-1 has just ripped four seconds off its claimed 7:26 lap. The new time, with Jan Magnussen at the wheel, is a claimed 7:22.4 for the full 12.93-mile loop. While the number is pretty bloody fast, it is still .3 seconds off the time earned by the Dodge Viper ACR (ouch, those three tenths really have to hurt!). We take these lap times with a grain of salt, as we've yet to see everyone on the 73-turn course under the same conditions, and with officially certified timing equipment. Again, so you don't have to Google the competition's best-claimed Ring times yourself, here they are: Porsche GT2 - 7:32, Nissan GT-R - 7:29, Corvette ZR1 - 7:22.4 and the Dodge Viper ACR - 7:22.1. Thanks for the tip, Xeyad!

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/10/28/corvette-zr-1-knocks-four-seconds-off-ring-time/

H

HHGT

just kidding... he is Macho Sam :)

Speaking of Macho, I just found the "GTR-BMW" club grand opening day picture.

Attachments

• VILLAGE_PEOPLE_2.jpg
    VILLAGE_PEOPLE_2.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 84
H

HHGT

Speaking of Macho, I just found the "GTR-BMW" club grand opening day picture.

The guy with the feather duster on his head drives an M5

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale

:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:club

cobrar1339

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 2, 2006
Diamond Bar, Ca

OH, the Macho 5, I get it. I always wondered what the M stood for. Thanks

FORDGT001

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2005
Back at the Nürburgring, the hot Chevrolet Corvette ZR-1 has just ripped four seconds off its claimed 7:26 lap. The new time, with Jan Magnussen at the wheel, is a claimed 7:22.4 for the full 12.93-mile loop. While the number is pretty bloody fast, it is still .3 seconds off the time earned by the Dodge Viper ACR (ouch, those three tenths really have to hurt!). We take these lap times with a grain of salt, as we've yet to see everyone on the 73-turn course under the same conditions, and with officially certified timing equipment. Again, so you don't have to Google the competition's best-claimed Ring times yourself, here they are: Porsche GT2 - 7:32, Nissan GT-R - 7:29, Corvette ZR1 - 7:22.4 and the Dodge Viper ACR - 7:22.1. Thanks for the tip, Xeyad!

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/10/28/corvette-zr-1-knocks-four-seconds-off-ring-time/

This new ZR1 time is said to be Bogus and didn't happen. Even the guys on the Vette forum aren't buying it.

Last edited:

jamie

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 23, 2005
Virginia
What you fail to mention is that the GTR has 100 LESS hp to the ground and is rated at 150 less HP on the motor, yet does the 0-60 the SAME time as the ZR1.
Put another 100 hp to the ground on the GTR and lets see what happens.
Is the GTR a better car than the ZR1? I would not go that far, but lets be fair here. 100hp and two more cylinders the Z06 should win. Not to mention the ZR1 stickers approx $45k more than the GTR. Both are great cars, but whats funny is that all the big dogs are now compairing their cars to a nissan. That is funny! :lol

My point here is that the nissan is a good middle ground car and great performer.

The ZR1 is a great high end car with crazy HP. I bet its a blast to drive! :thumbsup

The GTR's where I live sticker around 79k before markup and the base ZR1 is around 106k thats only about a 25k difference. The GTR really makes up most of its time on all tracks with all wheel drive where it really gets an advantage. I raced with a GTR a couple of weeks ago and I really liked the car and personally I think in person its a beautiful car.

djs

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 7, 2007
"Speaking of Macho, I just found the "GTR-BMW" club grand opening day picture." & "The guy with the feather duster on his head drives an M5"

HHGT, those 2 are the funniest $%^&*ng posts I've ever seen on this forum.

Additionally, the new Car and Driver has an extensive test among a Z51, Z06 and ZR1 vette. What I found most compelling, is the various acceleration results for the the ZR1 are essentially no better than those of the C&D test of the FGT against the 360 Modena and Porsche 911 GT3 (1/2004 issue). The most impressive stat was a 0-100 time of about 7.6 seconds, but the quarter mile was 11.5 @ 126 (or 128-mag is not in front of me), and if memory serves, the 1/04 issue showed a quarter mile time almost identical for the GT. Furthermore, many other car mag rags showed similar (if not even better) quarter mile times for the GT. Makes me wonder about 1) actual HP rating of GT-too conservative? and 2) how much power loss on front engine vs mid engine of the GT.
Either way, the GT is the bomb, especially aesthetically.