Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
Nice !

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
If they let Torrie go up against these cars with his TT my money would be on him! :biggrin

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
:thumbsup

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
If they let Torrie go up against these cars with his TT my money would be on him! :biggrin

And Torrie would lose if FourFather got one of his old top fuel cars out of moth balls and ran HIM, ICE! :lol So, who are we kidding! 'Only "fair"(?) contest is stock vs. stock...and even THAT doesn't fly unless HP/weight/cubes are at LEAST somewhere within the same zip code.

Persnickety Pockets

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
What counts is what you bring to the race. :lol

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
What counts is what you bring to the race. :lol

I think I just said that! :rofl :rofl :rofl :cheers

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
An interesting note is that Automobile mag just took one to Oscoda to run it on the two mile runway and they could achieve no higher than 195 mph on the runway. I know for a fact the Ford GT hit over 200 in stock trim during testing at the same runway. Actually I know they hit 200, and there was a problem with the ABS they borrowed from a Lincoln LS that caused the car to spin in circles at 200 mph. This is surprising. There is no doubt the ZR1 is significantly faster from 0-130 but it would appear that either aero or gearing still limits this Corvette on the big end. So if you want to race a stock for stock race, make sure it's a 0-200 run :biggrin

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
Damn, whats the CD on that car ?

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Damn, whats the CD on that car ?

Not sure but I'd assume just from looking at it the total frontal area is probably larger than that of a GT even if the cd is lower. Could be wrong.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State

(according to chevrolet.com)

Last edited:

djs

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 7, 2007
"An interesting note is that Automobile mag just took one to Oscoda to run it on the two mile runway and they could achieve no higher than 195 mph on the runway. I know for a fact the Ford GT hit over 200 in stock trim during testing at the same runway.... There is no doubt the ZR1 is significantly faster from 0-130 but it would appear that either aero or gearing still limits this Corvette on the big end. "

DBK, I noticed the same thing. The acceleration times for the ZR1 were incredible, especially from 0-100, yet the 1/4 mile times were little or no better than the original tests in C&D in late '04. Is the ZR1 running out of steam (relatively) after, say 150 mph? Or is it the lack of drivetrain loss due to the mid engine of the GT that allows it to keep pushing above 150mph?

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
DBK, I noticed the same thing. The acceleration times for the ZR1 were incredible, especially from 0-100, yet the 1/4 mile times were little or no better than the original tests in C&D in late '04. Is the ZR1 running out of steam (relatively) after, say 150 mph? Or is it the lack of drivetrain loss due to the mid engine of the GT that allows it to keep pushing above 150mph?

I'm sure that the ZR1 is much faster from 0-130, marginally faster from 130-170, and it probably would get caught by a GT somewhere between 170-190. It says a lot about it's top end acceleration that it's brutally faster than a GT up to probably 130 but it somehow loses to 200. I think it's gotta be the gear and aero of the Corvette vs. the gear and aero of the GT.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
Could it be that the ZR1 gets heat soaked sooner than the FGT? The air inlet temperatures rises as you do a pull to 200 MPH and as it does so ignition timing and thus HP will be reduced. I wish I could to see a datalog of IAT2 and spark timing for both cars from 0-200. Not likely, huh.

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
I'm sure that the ZR1 is much faster from 0-130, marginally faster from 130-170, and it probably would get caught by a GT somewhere between 170-190. It says a lot about it's top end acceleration that it's brutally faster than a GT up to probably 130 but it somehow loses to 200. I think it's gotta be the gear and aero of the Corvette vs. the gear and aero of the GT.

i agree

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
Could it be that the ZR1 gets heat soaked sooner than the FGT? The air inlet temperatures rises as you do a pull to 200 MPH and as it does so ignition timing and thus HP will be reduced. I wish I could to see a datalog of IAT2 and spark timing for both cars from 0-200. Not likely, huh.

its possible