Zero to top speed in 1 mile

Palm Harbor GT40

GT Owner
Jan 1, 2009
Palm Harbor, FL
Hello Everyone,

I am taking my car to the runway event in the Everglades tomarrow morning. I have the Tungsten with the upgraded Whipple, 3.9 gear, long tube headers, no cats, and Stillen 4 disc clutch. The car is currently setup with the 19 pound pulley. I have not had a chance to dyno it but I will with in the next two weeks. Estimates are 850 HP. You may have read on the thread that was posted they have a 2 mile runway setup for 1 mile top speed runs with 1 mile on the other side. I will keep you posted on how both the car and I do.

Thanks, Greg

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Have fun and good luck! I didn't know that Stillens has a 4 plate clutch. The one they have listed on their web site is a 2 plate. I look forward to all of the reports.

PeakCompletions

Boost is an addiction...
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 6, 2007
West Texas
Have fun and be safe!! I was planning on doing the event with my car as well but plans changed and I cannot make it.

Can't wait to hear some results! :cheers:

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Lake Las Vegas, Henderson, NV
Have a great time. Sounds like a great event. Look forward to hearing how your runs went. :cheers

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
Love the set-up you have. Anxious to hear the results. :cheers

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
so they are limiting everybodys speed runs to just a mile then? any updates on the speeds obtained?

Palm Harbor GT40

GT Owner
Jan 1, 2009
Palm Harbor, FL
Hello,

The runway event was a blast. There were four GT40s there counting mine. With a second gear launch at 1/4 throttle I managed a top speed of 202. They are supose to do another one later in the year hopefuly there will be many more GT40s.

Thanks, Greg

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
congrats.

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
Awesome and congrats. How hard is it to control the power with the lower gears and the whipple? I have been thinking about the 3.90s

Also who has been the fastest standing mile with a blower only?

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
Also how fast did the other Gt's go and were any of them modded? I wish there was a standing mile up here in Minn. during the summer. Closest one is in Nebraska i believe.

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Glad to hear the setup worked well and that you had a good day. Hope you took some pics to share.......

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Fun Day !!

I'd like to thank Hovik for coming here and inviting us to the Event !! Thanks to Hovik, Seth and the rest of the crew for a truly fun and safe day..:thumbsup

There was a wide range of interesting hardware. Doug Levin brought out his TT Murcielago, There were two or three TT Gallardo's. A Saleen S7, F 599 GTB, Nissan GTR, ZO6, some Porsches, Vipers and (4) Ford GT's.. sadly no TT Ford GT's

They did a great job on letting the guys run their cars as much as you wanted. After the end of the solo max speed runs they gathered everyone at the end of the runway for some head to head races. It was quite fun to watch !!

We can Officially welcome some new GT Forum Members to the 200 MPH Club.. Congrats to "JKR".. He's the guy who is the new owner of The original GTB gull wing car. He ran a 201 MPH on the GPS !! After many runs in the high 190's he pushed the car in to the brake zone and got his 201 MPH !!.. Good Job Jose!! I can tell you it was a bit nerve racking because if you wanted the speed you had to stay in it....

The other new Ford GT Forum member to Join the 200 + MPH Club is " Palm Harbor GT 40 " Greg is the new owner of a Tungsten no stripe car. He piloted the Whipple powered 3.90 geared beast to a 202 MPH on the GPS

There was another young GT owner in a Black w/Silver stripe GT.. I did not hear what his final numbers were.
The airstrip was great.. Another 1/2 mile would have been sweet !! Oh well.. it was a great time.. I think we'll will see more events at this facility.

Last edited:

Palm Harbor GT40

GT Owner
Jan 1, 2009
Palm Harbor, FL
Hello Stormcat,It was nice meeting you, Jose, many other drivers. As you stated there were alott of great cars and a good time had by all. Hovik and Seth did a great job and made the event a memorial experience for all of us.

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Congratulations to all concerned. Breaking the 200 barrier is something to brag about. I look forward to participating in the next event if invited.

I thought they were running a 1-1/2 mile? What were some of the speeds of the other brands?

Gotta keep up with the competition.:biggrin

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
the black&silver are so fast they don't have meters that go that high.
truth be told when peak heard the Black & silver was comming he tossed in the towel. :biggrin

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Congratulations to all concerned. Breaking the 200 barrier is something to brag about. I look forward to participating in the next event if invited.

I thought they were running a 1-1/2 mile? What were some of the speeds of the other brands?

There was about 2 miles to use at your discretion... Power on zone Plus Recommended braking zone. I never did check to see the actual distance we ran under power..

PeakCompletions

Boost is an addiction...
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 6, 2007
West Texas
Glad to hear everyone had a great time!!

Congrats on the newest 200mph club members :cheers

wish I had been able to make it

steved57

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
kilgore tx

Texas GT - are you going to the Texas mile at goliad on march 29th ?
i am going but am taking my MV Agusta as my car will not be ready by then
let me know if you wil be there or any other forum members too

steve

MK2_GT

GTX1 Owner
Mar 25, 2006
My old Tungsten did 201!!! yey!!! GO JKR!!!!

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
My old Tungsten did 201!!! yey!!! GO JKR!!!!

Yep,,, even with those Blingy wheels ... :biggrin