Zero to 60 in 2.74 seconds....But....

H

HHGT

I still can't bring myself to liking the looks of this car. Impressive #'s none-the-less!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=mb_cbR-ieoU

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
This video reminds me of a Veyron in TX.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYb-6L12Y9c&feature=related

FikseGTS

GT Owner
Apr 15, 2007
South Florida

Luke Warmwater

Permanent Vacation
Jul 29, 2009
Boondocks, Colorado
A very quick car that will always look like a Buick sorry

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit

Can't believe that Benz pulled a 1.6.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
The looks of the GTR definitely grows on you.It is truly a much better looking car in person .It really has a presence.The performance is staggering on and off the track.The first time I used the launch control ,all I could so was giggle and laugh.I find that response fairly typical when I demonstrate the launch mode to friends!I was recently followed to my gym by an older gentleman who was curious what it was.He said, its was a very good looking car!
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.Reminds me of that Twilight zone episode!
My feelings are if you don’t like the GTR ,don’t buy one!
My 02

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
I was recently followed to my gym by an older gentleman...He said, its was a very good looking car!

Hmmmmmmm...'can't help but wonder if the gentleman has cataracts & floaters. If so, based on his observation, I suspect they must be a lot worse than my own.

I can't imagine the GTR's asthetics have ever played a part in someone's decision to buy one...not to mention being thee factor that tipped the scales in favor. 'Sorry, Ron. Just MHO.

Buuuuuuuuuuut, "different strokes", etc.! :thumbsup

Prejudicial Pockets

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
:agree: with EP.

The major reason to buy a GT-R is performance/price > anything else.

looks < any car that has the performance of a GT-R.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Hey bud, you know my thoughts on this subject :)

My feelings are if you don’t like the GTR ,don’t buy one!

FikseGTS

GT Owner
Apr 15, 2007
South Florida
full slicks on the SL... :)

Can't believe that Benz pulled a 1.6.

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
After watching that video it dawned on me, we used fewer technicians and mechanics to make a pass with a 7000hp Top Fuel Hydro. I wonder what the car at the show room does.:bored

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
...it dawned on me, we used fewer technicians and mechanics to make a pass with a 7000hp Top Fuel Hydro.

'Probably had all those techs there to minimized the loss of track time if the launch control had scattered the tranny. :biggrin

Okay...I'll go to my room now. :leaving:

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
The looks of the GTR definitely grows on you.It is truly a much better looking car in person .It really has a presence.

It definitely has a presence to it, like it was machined out of a big block of aluminum. With cars like the Ferrari FF, the Panamera, Corvettes with ridiculous plastic hood windows, Camaros that fit right in to the Michael Bay fiascos they get advertised in (i.e ridiculous, doomed to look silly over time and aimed at 12 year olds) there's plenty of room to go around on sports cars not to buy for their looks.

Packaging, aerodynamics and crash regulations make it difficult to make a great looking car anyways.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Gtr

Hmmmmmmm...'can't help but wonder if the gentleman has cataracts & floaters. If so, based on his observation, I suspect they must be a lot worse than my own.

I can't imagine the GTR's asthetics have ever played a part in someone's decision to buy one...not to mention being thee factor that tipped the scales in favor. 'Sorry, Ron. Just MHO.

Buuuuuuuuuuut, "different strokes", etc.! :thumbsup

Prejudicial Pockets
At first I bought the Gtr just because the performance was so impressive.As I have said 'the looks grow on you,or not.
Funny comment on the gentleman's vision.It gave me a good laugh.
It reminds me of buying my Boss .I was never a mustang guy.But I now have a new found Love for the car.
Best regards,Ron
PS Happy thanksgiving to my forum friends!We have a lot to be thankful for!

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
hey bud, you know my thoughts on this subject :)
ya,ya,ya!

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
I used to be in the camp of not liking the GTR looks. But it does grow on you (a little). But the ungodly performance (even without considering price) forces any real car guy to give it some serious respect.

Tho I definitely do not like Japanese styling of late, I do think they are capable of attractive design. We may all change our tune if they do a major styling change in a future model year.