(Yet) Another UK owner to be.

Nov 18, 2019
Good Morning All,

I too received an email on the 29th of October giving me the welcome news that I will have to opportunity to purchase a new Ford GT!
Like many others, I wasn't quite sure I could believe my luck, but it has finally sunk in that I will be able to own a car I have dreamt of owning for several years... having, like many others, thought I'd missed the opportunity to do so.

My time since receipt of the email has been spent looking at numerous YouTube videos and websites (again) and dreaming of how I might specify the car - excited (as a description) doesn't really cover it!

I'm based in Winchester in Southern England and so it's good to know there will be a few other owners within an hour or so drive of me.

I've had no contact from the Concierge team as yet, but to be honest, having waited this long, I can wait a little longer...

I'm looking forward to keeping up with everyone's stories of their cars and to contributing on my journey in to ownership.

Mark

JWZ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 17, 2013
Texas
Congratulations! Enjoy the ride!

Namor

GT Owner
Apr 5, 2008
London, UK
Mark I’m in exactly the same situation and live in Surrey UK so about 1 hour drive from Winchester. I got the email on 29 Oct but haven’t heard from the concierge since. Sent my 06 GT for a service today. Can’t wait for the new one. I’ve been playing with the configurator on the website ever since 29 Oct and watched The Return on YouTube. The new GT has unbelievable race pedigree. Definitely more of a track car than the 05-06 car.

Reactions: Ed Sims

Namor

GT Owner
Apr 5, 2008
London, UK
Mark what do race?

spartan

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 11, 2017
Bloomfield Hills MI
Congratulations Mark. Welcome to the forum.

Nov 18, 2019
Mark what do race?
I started in the Caterham Academy in 2011 and since then have raced in the Fun Cup series and in the Citroen C1 endurance series. I've also done some one-off stuff in other cars (MX-5 and Mini etc.) and races like the Race of Remembrance etc. Nothing too expensive or too serious...

I tend to race mostly in endurance races with a group of friends from my Caterham Academy year and with people I've met whilst racing. As I say nothing serious, just a group of friends having fun and being competitive!

Nov 18, 2019
Congratulations Mark. Welcome to the forum.
Thank you - I'm looking forward to learning as much as I can before the car arrives!

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Congrats TheDeadPrussian! Welcome to the best forum in the world!

Ed

mal

Heritage GT Owner
Nov 23, 2012
London/Kent, UK
Not been on here for a while - but it looks like there will be a few new UK owners - I have got the letter too, just waiting for more information. I am in North West Kent / SE London - so not far. Looking forward to meeting some of you at some point.

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Congratulations to Mark and all in the UK on receiving the wonderful news of your upcoming purchase! The wait is well worth the time and shortly you will be enjoying the most incredible ford GT ever. Even after 28 months of ownership, I learn something new about my girl every time I open the door and drive her! We are all Very Blessed! Enjoy the ride My Friends!

GTJack

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 1, 2006
Saddlebrooke, MO
Congratulations on being chosen! Enjoy the ride!!