Yeee Haaa, Did it!

StuM

GT Owner
Dec 10, 2005
SoCal
Yep, After listening to all of you lucky early owenrs, I took the plunge today. Bought '06 #411, loaded Black/Silver stripe GT. Now I can sleep again at night and not toss and turn, with color decisions. The black will be a bear to keep clean, but after failing to get a few of my local dealers to see it my way on several red cars, I have one who dealt straight up and well on the black car.
Will take delivery later this week after some tinting and detailing. (and waiting for good weather to bring her home, clean!)
So, from "spectator" to "GT Owner", I'm very proud to join your happy group as a full fledged GT fanatic. Thanks for all your earlier advice. I look forward to our continued helpful interactions.

StuM (smiling from ear to ear!)

dbtgt

One lucky SOB to own a GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 4, 2006
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Welcome StuM! :cheers

StuM

GT Owner
Dec 10, 2005
SoCal
Thanks, now "owner"

Thanks guys, so how do I change my signature/avitar to show proud "owner" now?

50 BMG

Aug 3, 2005
AZ
DBK will do it for you.

Pipelion

Stu,

Here's to you :cheers :cheers :cheers .

Must be a great feeling to know one is heading your way. No paint looks better
than black. A little more work but real cool.

Allan

LEMANSZ

Gt Owner
Jan 11, 2006
SoCal
Got the same color combo..here's a few tips...
1.) Get a feather duster
2.) Don't cover it
3.) Between deep waxes, use one of the spray 'minute' waxes for touch ups
4.) Drive it and have fun and try not to be TOO fussy about it

Welcome

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Congrats Stu! :cheers

biffom

GT Owner
Oct 9, 2005
Venice, CA
Congratulations!

If you are "ear to ear" now - I can't imagine what you are going to be like once you get to drive it!!

PRDATR

GT Owner
Jan 9, 2006
Michigan, Upper Peninsula
Congratulations Stu!! I know what you mean by being able to sleep again.
Enjoy. :cheers

KJD

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 21, 2005
Location, Location
CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I'm living vicariously through you and others as I await delivery. You know, at some level, it's just a car and we're all grown men (we are grown up and there are no documented women owners as of yet, yes/no?) But man, what a car!!! Enjoy your black beauty!!!!!!

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
Stu, that's great news you've joined the club! Congratulations. Take lots of 'first day owner' pictures - enjoy and drive carefully!

The four points from Lemanz and the four I'd say too. Particularly number 4 which I ignore but know to be right! :biggrin

samthejeepman

Permanent Vacation
Oct 14, 2005
new jersey
good for you stu
you did good !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sam
#1451 red/white

StuM

GT Owner
Dec 10, 2005
SoCal
Thanks

Thanks men. One of my other babies is a black Z8, so I understand the drill. It's just so much work! I suppose it's the price you pay for dark colors.
I have a California duster hanging in each of four corners of my garage, to quickly get any of the cars which might need a touch-up. Also use Zaino on a regular basis and then Turtle Wax Platinum Seriew Gloss Wipes and/or Dri Wash 'n Guard detailer spray. The latter is really great stuff. (dwginternational.com). I learned about it a few years ago from my Shelby Cobra Club buddies.
So, best regards to you all as I count down the hours to actual "GT drivership".
By the way, although I'll be the (male) driver, my wife was the first to get to actually start our new GT at the dealership, not me. I had to let her....she was the one holding the check book! :willy

ENZO BTR

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Southern California
Sounds like you're no stranger to cool cars, so the thrill of owning the GT won't be totally unprecedented, but as one who has driven a lot of fun cars over the past few years the GT still stands out as my favorite overall.

Congratulations!!

BTW, I also love the Z8, and someday I'd love to pick up a clean one on the used market. My wife thinks the car is simply beautiful, and since she let me get the GT I feel an eventual payback is in order.

Enjoy!

StuM

GT Owner
Dec 10, 2005
SoCal
Thanks Enzo - Z8

Yeah, the Z8 is a very unique car. Beautiful, classic lines and it's a great blend of sports and touring. Simply a wonderful ride and it'll get up and haul when you desire. I can't tell you how many folks pull alongside with raving compliments about the beauty of the design. Then, there's many who don't know what it is, but sure express praise! I've found it to be trouble-free and very well built. Very comfortable to ride and drive over long distances, if wanted.
I thought about selling it for the upcoming M6, but now I'm hearing all sorts of problems with BMW's new V-10 (in the M5), plus the automotive press is not overly kind in their early M6 tests.
Meanwhile the hours, minutes and seconds keep ticking down to GT delivery time! Oh the agony!

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
Welcome.....! :thumbsup

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
CONGRATS!! Which dealer did you end up with? Mine came from Vaughn Ford in Houston.

StuM

GT Owner
Dec 10, 2005
SoCal
Which Dealer

Taxas GT - I ended up with Joe Myers Ford and Sales Mgr Ryan Martinez, in north Houston. Ryan's a very nice guy; professional, helpful and fair. Their overall experience was best from my perspective.
I tried to deal with other Houston dealers Southern, Lonestar, Planet, Ron Carter and Baytown Ford on other cars, but in so many cases I either did not appreciate their take-it-or-leave it attitudes, poor communications or overly pushy sales pitch, lack of professionalism and/or refusal to move off highly overpriced units in this market. (and yes, some still try to give you the "this car's selling for well over $200k today" pitch!)

Now, after making my purchase, I get great satisfaction in telling the other dealers, "sorry I already bought my GT elsewhere, in a fair, market based deal with a reasonable and professional dealer". Especially the ones who were so smug in their original attitude. So often they're so surprised that I actually bought a car, just like I told them I would.

Where in East Texas are you? I'm just south of Houston in Seabrook.

StuM