WTB Muffler hardware

rf18412

GT Owner
Feb 28, 2011
Omaha, Nebraska
I am removing my stainless works header and installing a ford racing muffler.

Need the stock hardware for to mount the muffler.

5A204A and 5A204A

Thanks,
Robert Foster
402-321-9951

Attachments

• muffler hardware.JPG
    muffler hardware.JPG
    14.5 KB · Views: 231

paul b

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2006
Why are you making the change, too loud?

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
I would contact Torrie.

Member tag: tmcphail

Business site: www.FastPartsNetwork.com

Last edited:

rf18412

GT Owner
Feb 28, 2011
Omaha, Nebraska
The car is too loud, my ears ring when I get home.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Don't let Bonehead know. :lol

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
Don't let Bonehead know. :lol

I love fried chicken......wait....what did you say? I didn't hear you:willy

Seriously though, Ed Sims has a louder car than me. Doesn't he have a slightly modified SW header setup?

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
I love fried chicken......wait....what did you say? I didn't hear you:willy

Seriously though, Ed Sims has a louder car than me. Doesn't he have a slightly modified SW header setup?
Ed's car has little Burns mufflers. I don't know which is louder when on it. Surprisingly both are pretty livable if you are just tooling around. I didn't detect the drone my cat deletes with cat backs had. But full on it is an earful. :lol

https://www.osha.gov/pls/oshaweb/owadisp.show_document?p_id=9735&p_table=STANDARDS

Keep using them and your hearing might be worst than mine when you are my age. I think my ears have been damaged from motorcycle riding with headers, gun shooting and worst and an occasional visits to clubs with loud music. Now my high frequency response is non-existent making out speech in noisy places is nearly impossible. My wife often complains that I am not listening to her. Well I have a medical excuse.

Last edited:

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Ed's car has little Burns mullers....

What's a muller?

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
What's a muller?
German mufflers. :lol

rf18412

GT Owner
Feb 28, 2011
Omaha, Nebraska
I do love the sound of the car, it has the SW with mini cats.

I need to try the ford racing muffler to split the difference between stock and SW

Hopping for mild reduction in sound.

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
I do love the sound of the car, it has the SW with mini cats.

I need to try the ford racing muffler to split the difference between stock and SW

Hopping for mild reduction in sound.

Are you trying to hook up the Ford Racing muffler to the SW headers? From what I recall, that's not a direct hookup; will need some fabrication to get them to mate.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
Be careful running those mini-cats. I have seen them meltdown if the car is ran hard. When that happens the exhaust backpressure goes up and so does the manifold boost. Then your fuel pumps will have a hard time keeping fuel pressure and you will go lean! Not a happy seen.

For that matter even some OEM cats have melted down. Most often if you run the car hard and you have a tune that turns off CAT over temp protecting. The stock tunes protection tends to run very rich when the car's ECU think the cats are in danger of a meltdown.

rf18412

GT Owner
Feb 28, 2011
Omaha, Nebraska
It is not a easy direct connect, I will have to plumb from the cat up to the Muffler.

rf18412

GT Owner
Feb 28, 2011
Omaha, Nebraska
hoping