WTB: GT , low miles, near or at MSRP

spgGT

Aug 20, 2007
Evening. My first post up here. i"ve been trolling the site for a few weeks and finally have decided to purchase a GT if i can find the right one at the right price. Based on what i've read, there are still MSRP transactions occuring. if anyone has one, ultra low miles, that they desire to sell, i can offer a quick, easy transaction.
I do a lot in the Porsche world, and am a regular poster on Rennlist. I have a pretty neat collection. Just a few I show at www.911flatnose.com
i am not a dealer, and dont buy/sell for a living. its an easy transaction,
quick to wire monies if we come to terms.

anyway, i'm interested in a GT.
Red is probably my color of choice.
Feel free to email or PM me.

regards,
steve

Gierkink

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 5, 2005
Wellington, FL
I’m not trying to be controversial but it’s kinda hard to see the cars with that “boy in the plastic bubble” thing you’ve got going on there. Do you ever actually drive those cars?

Rob

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Hey Steve,

I hope you get your GT soon. It would be interesting to have your perspective with such a background in the Porsche world. Welcome aboard and best of luck in your search!

spgGT

Aug 20, 2007
Morning. I do have drivers. I have a 07 997 TT as a driver, mainly because i can haul around in it, and i have warranty, dealer close by etc. i also have a 993 Turbo S, midmileage car i drive. The rest of ultra collectibles. i have 3 of the 22 ever produced flatnose S's from 1994, 964 turbos. I have one fo the 2 lowest mileage turbo S 993s artic/black.

my philosophy is simple: i personally feel there are only two places I want to be with cars. a) drivers that you ride hard, often, as you please (obviously no rain, snow, silly situations (i use my toyota tundra for day to day 'driving')., and b) uber collectibles.

if you're made of gold, owned a zillion shares of google at the IPO price, etc. then sure, buy all kinds of uber cars and ride the snot out of them. but im not that way. i defend the cars<G> to my wife as being an asset class. and frankly they are. i have my buisness, my house, a vacation home in vermont, etc. and bank accounts. heck, last week, ig ot all stressed out and actually cashed in a Countrywide CD. F them, they run a POOR company. when you actually have to worry about money in a bank, you realize all cash, all real estate, being all cars..is nt smart. you have to diversify.! see, a defensible position!!!my wife goes "dude, yeah right. save that for talking to the mirror, you just like the cars!" and thats mainly what its about.
these cars, the porsches' , this GT, etc. are AWSOME. fun to look at, crazy fun to drive. but i dont want to run up nominal miles on all of them and depreciate them. i'd like to keep most full uber collectible, have ultra low mile examples down the line. let them actually, geez, appreciate over 4 to 10 years. hopefully. its a really fun asset class, but its an asset class.

and i cant deal with driving too many. you drive, then end up with issues, detailing, cleaning, etc. i run them 1/month , the bubbles work great. air is filtered, no dust over eveverything, and you can see, appreciate the cars aesthetically. if not, you have to cover them, guests come, you spend an houruncovering, covering. bubbles are great. one of th ebest things i have.
carcapsule is the name.

does anyone know of any new, delivery-miles-only GTs at MSRP? i had a few emails with a few offers at MSRP, and a few under MSRP and they had 100 to 800 miles. could work. just want to review all options.

lastly, what is the overall sentiment about the car? its collectibility? maintenance/quality?

regards,
sg

I’m not trying to be controversial but it’s kinda hard to see the cars with that “boy in the plastic bubble” thing you’ve got going on there. Do you ever actually drive those cars?

Rob

Demolition Man

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 29, 2006
danville, CA
Steve,

I have a red Gt that I might consider selling. Please call me at 510 719 0281.

Rick

Evening. My first post up here. i"ve been trolling the site for a few weeks and finally have decided to purchase a GT if i can find the right one at the right price. Based on what i've read, there are still MSRP transactions occuring. if anyone has one, ultra low miles, that they desire to sell, i can offer a quick, easy transaction.
I do a lot in the Porsche world, and am a regular poster on Rennlist. I have a pretty neat collection. Just a few I show at www.911flatnose.com

regards,
steve

TO GT GUY

GT Owner
Aug 24, 2007

regards,
steve
I have an 05 GT, Wht, 4options, 4300 mi, in So,Cal. Car is perfect, any interest. Asking $160k E-mail r.jerry@yahoo.com

Last edited:

stephen_becker

Permanent Vacation
Jan 26, 2006
atlanta, ga & charleston, sc
My white GT is a 2005

Thanks