WTB Ford GT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobby_P

Jan 24, 2007
Tucson, AZ
I don't believe the car sold for 160,000, as someone who has bought and sold high end cars through Ebay, the prices that are listed/shown are seldom what is actually paid.

So, someone placed a "buy it now" bid at $160k and you think the seller will then try to needle the buyer for more $$?

As mentioned in a previous post to this thread I am aware of another low mileage '05 car that was purchased for $160k (using "buy it now") and is now in a well known dealer's inventory.

Automotive8r

Feb 8, 2007
With all due respect to Shelby @ Elite, and BJ motors (and any other sponsoring dealers I have overlooked), there seems to be the same cars day after day, week after week on the various ad pages; EBAY, Autotrader.com, etc.
If one looks at the online pages of some other dealers (who will be referred to by location as opposed to name to avoid deletion), the dealership in NYC that deals in English luxury cars has 3 '05 and 4 '06 GTs, many the same for weeks on end, each priced from roughly $171-180M (and usually appearing daily on EBAY and Autotrader). The Houston, TX dealer in Italian exotics has had the same two '05s since at least the new year, both very low mile cars in the area of $175M, almost continually on EBAY. A MO dealer who often lists on EBAY has 1 '05 @ $172M and 3 '06s @ $186M, $189M and POA respectivley. I think those cars have been in inventory for a while.
Including Shelby's 5 cars on his website today (the low mile, black no-stripe is no longer shown-{sold Shelby or are you going the twin turbo route you mentioned over the phone?}) and the four that BJ has, this totals 21 cars just from these five dealers, all with relatively similar pricing.
If pricing on the cars is escalating, why are so many cars continually being offered by dealers at the same levels, yet the cars stay in inventory? I know that we're finally getting to spring weather for much of the country, but still, shouldn't these cars, as meticulously maintained as they appear, be moving to new owners?

Wow! Someone has been doing their homework haven't they? Good Job!! (not trying to be a smarta--)I think that as soon as the weather warms to at least 60F across the country, you will see a big jump in inventory being moved. During the winter, when you can't drive a GT in 80% of the country, it kinda hampers the GT sales. Let the warmer weather arrive and I think it will be a different story.

Bobby_P

Jan 24, 2007
Tucson, AZ
Wow! Someone has been doing their homework haven't they? Good Job!! (not trying to be a smarta--)I think that as soon as the weather warms to at least 60F across the country, you will see a big jump in inventory being moved. During the winter, when you can't drive a GT in 80% of the country, it kinda hampers the GT sales. Let the warmer weather arrive and I think it will be a different story.

A flip side to that position is that there will be more GTs for sale as sellers are hoping the summer driving season will yield a higher selling price.

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Solid black car SOLD and we have also sold 3 others over the last week that never made it to our website. We have only 3 GTs left in inventory for sale at this time. 3 weeks ago I had 11 if this tells you anything. I am not here to comment on any other dealers inventory other than my own. I have 1 GT that has been here over a month and thats it. All my cars sell very quickly for whatever reason. I am personally looking for cars to buy at the moment. IMHO, with the economy the way it is, the weather has been terrible, and so on, the GTs have been selling great. As said before, there are other cars out there besides the ones in our inventory. I will run FREE carfax reports for anyone on any car. Does not have to be a car in our inventory. I will also run a FREE Ford Warranty check history to see whats been done to it. Hopefully, this will help any of you guys looking at other cars out there. We are here to sell cars and HAVE FUN DOING IT. Thank you to all who have supported us and to all of you looking, I only wish you the very best buying experience as once you get a car, its only gonna get better!!! :thumbsup

Tom B

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 1, 2005
Fallston, MD
So, someone placed a "buy it now" bid at $160k and you think the seller will then try to needle the buyer for more $$?

As mentioned in a previous post to this thread I am aware of another low mileage '05 car that was purchased for $160k (using "buy it now") and is now in a well known dealer's inventory.

While I wouldn't call it "needling", when the seller adds/uses "Buy it now", there are multiple ways to sell a car for more than the listed price....... for cars that are in demand it's quite easy. I hope you find the car you're looking for, but I can tell you there more games on Ebay then most are aware of. Anyone who has made a hobby of flipping high end cars could write a nice story about the adventures on Ebay.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
I love all these comments from folks who don't own cars.
It is amazing how many of these people have explained to us owners the process and they themselves never aquired a Ford GT.

The market is what it is...
I guess since Climax's repo went for $66k with 55kmiles number #1153 is worth $86k?
yup,.. carry on ladies... :)

jimbo1

Aug 4, 2007
I love all these comments from folks who don't own cars.
It is amazing how many of these people have explained to us owners the process and they themselves never aquired a Ford GT.

The market is what it is...
I guess since Climax's repo went for $66k with 55kmiles number #1153 is worth $86k?
yup,.. carry on ladies... :)

Im with you Bony. :biggrin Even though I dont own one of the fabulous cars.
I will give you $1k over your price of $86k. So at $87k, do we have a deal? :lol just kidding. Dont send me on a vacation please.
Truth is from what I have seen that prices have been on the rise. If you see a good deal jump on it. Thats what I am gonna do.

Last edited:

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
I said what my gal is worth... not that it is for sale :)
#1153 is off the market...

funat50

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 1, 2006
Greensboro NC - IOP, SC
GT available

My 06 Tungsten, 4 option, 2375m, is still available and the price is still $178K with some consideration given to the replacement or repair of the skinned front wheel. The market seems to float around 160, -190 depending on certain attributes and mileage, from what I've seen. Lack of use and room are the main reasons for selling, the other is I'm looking for a Hatteras 52 CMY and would consider cash and trade. I know, who would buy a money pit boat in place of a GT???? Me, because the only thing I enjoy more than muscle cars is being on the water.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
... the only thing I enjoy more than muscle cars is being on the water.

'Navy cured me of that...:bored

djs

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 7, 2007
current pricing again

Since when should ownership of a commodity reflect current pricing of that commodity unless the owner is obsessed with selling it? Market pricing is reflective of buyers and sellers getting together. The point I'm trying to convey vis a vis GT pricing and current supply, is, (with the possible exception of Shelby @ Elite whom I have talked to a number of times), most of the other dealers who have cars listed in what is now a more transparent marketplace have had the same cars for weeks without selling them, continually relisting the cars on EBAY (or Autotrader) with artificially inflated prices. If the asset is for sale, and remains for sale, assuming there is any kind of demand, then the price is too high. This doesn't take into account that a dealer (Shelby, for example) may feature cars w/o stories, and many of the others may not. However, given the prices these cars demand, and the relatively tight following among the GT afficianados, then I assume most of these cars are in a condition commensurate with the prices they request. Cars sold as perfect that end up having stories will come back to haunt the seller, especially in the age of internet forums where information travels as faster than purchase transactions. However, if the same car remains listed at a given price and does not sell, then something is wrong. Either the car has issues or the pricing is wrong. There have been some cars of late relisted where prices are lower for the BIN on EBAY. Most however, keep relisting with auctions that expire with nothing done. Either that seller has confidence that the price requested will eventually be met, or they are under the illusion that there product is worth more than the market will pay. Shelby's volume and turnover may prevent him from updating his site as his ability to sell really solid cars precludes his ability to list new arrivals. Other dealers, the one in NYC in particular, have had some cars (the repainted white with orange stripe) where they finally bit the bullet and lowered the price and might have sold it. The issue of "Spring weather" is somewhat dubious as well, inasmuch if a desired car is for sale in Anchorage, someone will pay for it plus shipping, if the price is right (witness the recently listed. very low mileage car in the South Pacific on EBAY). The issue remains that many of these cars are for sale at the same locations as prices that appear to be above what buyers are willing to pay.

Blue Moose

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Chandler,Arizona.
If I read between all those lines are you trying to say.....if I find a car I like, it's priced right and I have the money, then buy it? If not, then I guess I have to re-read.:bored

Last edited:

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
:pop

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Well, personally I'm pullin' up a chair on this'n.

('Already took an asprin...)

docshelby

GT Owner
Apr 8, 2008
Metro Detroit
When I started this tread, all I wanted was a response from a GT seller, that would rather sell his GT to, as they say, an "enduser" than a dealer who's going to turn it. Are you out there, so we can stop all this verbage! But I do like the healthy discussion!

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
obviously not...
you will not find a no stories car at the price your looking for.

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
When I started this tread, all I wanted was a response from a GT seller...Are you out there, so we can stop all this verbage!

You have received your answer. This is really very simple. Announcing that you're looking for a good condition GT for around 150 is not something that will get the attention or interest of any owners who may be considering selling their car. We're an Owners Forum. There is a GT's For Sale Section and there are 2 Contributing Sponsors who sell only quality GT's. Then there's the duPont Registry, eBay, AutoTrader, Internet and other sources of owners who have GT's they want to sell. Maybe a good condition GT for 150 is not part of your destiny, or anyone's for that matter. Good luck in your search :cheers

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Well Kirby, you said it all, WE ARE AN OWNERS FORUM, enough said, this thread ran it's course. The spectators have asked their questions, made their comments. Require 100 times more moderation than any subscribed member.

Closed,...gone fishing

Status
Not open for further replies.