WTB Ford GT

Status
Not open for further replies.

docshelby

GT Owner
Apr 8, 2008
Metro Detroit
Looking for nice GT, miles not as important as condition. Like to stay around $150, Michigan

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Good luck. Better watch e-bay. We're the hard core guys here.

Gierkink

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 5, 2005
Wellington, FL
Looking for nice GT, miles not as important as condition. Like to stay around $150, Michigan

Welcome. You might have to up-the-ante a bit to get a car. $150 for one of these cars would be a very good deal.

Rob

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
Some Forum members having been looking (unsuccessfully) for that type of GT for 160,000 for a few months...a time during which all GT prices have continued a slow but steady incline. Several salvage title rebuilds have sold for more than 150,000. Prices are increasing because GT's are aging like fine wine...and many are being stored in wine cellars. Contact the dealers (Elite Autos and BJ Motors) who are Forum Sponsors for real world price info. Good luck :cheers

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Well, since he said mileage is NOT important, his goal is a possibility, but the miles are gonna be higher than 99% of the cars on the market. I would say 15k to 20k mile car could be had for that price.

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
Depending on color and if he wanted to shop for a near wholesale deal ... He could probably get a red car in that range with about 7-9k miles on it if he wanted to add another $5k or so. Based solely on what I have seen kicking around looking for cars in the last two months.

We need a helmet emoticon ... i feel a whacking a coming on.:ack

Automotive8r

Feb 8, 2007
406_wearing_a_helmet.gif
223_helmet.gif

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007

Automotive8r

Feb 8, 2007
?

Attachments

• untitled.bmp
    2.1 KB · Views: 416

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
:rofl:rofl:rofl Thanks Corey.

docshelby

GT Owner
Apr 8, 2008
Metro Detroit
If a red one with 18,000mi, for 155k is possible, then I'm in. I'm in no rush, plenty of other toys. But "The Supercar": is the one!!! :banana

Bobby_P

Jan 24, 2007
Tucson, AZ
If a red one with 18,000mi, for 155k is possible, then I'm in. I'm in no rush, plenty of other toys. But "The Supercar": is the one!!! :banana

You can find a car with much fewer miles than that for similar money. For instance, a well known dealer just purchased a red 2005 with less than 600 miles on ebay for $160k. Deals are there...you just have to act fast.

Bobby_P

Jan 24, 2007
Tucson, AZ
You can find a car with much fewer miles than that for similar money. For instance, a well known dealer just purchased a red 2005 with less than 600 miles on ebay for $160k. Deals are there...you just have to act fast.

Here is another car that just went for $160k:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/GT-COUPE_W0QQitemZ250234876930QQcmdZViewItem

I think I know which dealer bought it, but will not be certain until the VIN shows up in their inventory (with a much elevated price, of course).

docshelby

GT Owner
Apr 8, 2008
Metro Detroit
Man, I didn't even see that one, and I'm always on ebay! thanks!

jimbo1

Aug 4, 2007
I just missed it too. What a steal. I would have purchased that car.

Tom B

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 1, 2005
Fallston, MD
Here is another car that just went for $160k:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/GT-COUPE_W0QQitemZ250234876930QQcmdZViewItem

I think I know which dealer bought it, but will not be certain until the VIN shows up in their inventory (with a much elevated price, of course).

I don't believe the car sold for 160,000, as someone who has bought and sold high end cars through Ebay, the prices that are listed/shown are seldom what is actually paid.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Tom is correct... the price is what it is....
When we started the forum the spectators flocked in with similar posts...
Deja vu..

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
If anyone wants to know what the market truly is, ask BJ MOTORS and ELITE MOTORS.
They are buying and selling FGT's everyday. If their price would be off, they would not be selling.

AutoTrader and EBay information can and is misleading.

djs

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 7, 2007
current prices

With all due respect to Shelby @ Elite, and BJ motors (and any other sponsoring dealers I have overlooked), there seems to be the same cars day after day, week after week on the various ad pages; EBAY, Autotrader.com, etc.
If one looks at the online pages of some other dealers (who will be referred to by location as opposed to name to avoid deletion), the dealership in NYC that deals in English luxury cars has 3 '05 and 4 '06 GTs, many the same for weeks on end, each priced from roughly $171-180M (and usually appearing daily on EBAY and Autotrader). The Houston, TX dealer in Italian exotics has had the same two '05s since at least the new year, both very low mile cars in the area of $175M, almost continually on EBAY. A MO dealer who often lists on EBAY has 1 '05 @ $172M and 3 '06s @ $186M, $189M and POA respectivley. I think those cars have been in inventory for a while.
Including Shelby's 5 cars on his website today (the low mile, black no-stripe is no longer shown-{sold Shelby or are you going the twin turbo route you mentioned over the phone?}) and the four that BJ has, this totals 21 cars just from these five dealers, all with relatively similar pricing.
If pricing on the cars is escalating, why are so many cars continually being offered by dealers at the same levels, yet the cars stay in inventory? I know that we're finally getting to spring weather for much of the country, but still, shouldn't these cars, as meticulously maintained as they appear, be moving to new owners?

Bobby_P

Jan 24, 2007
Tucson, AZ
If anyone wants to know what the market truly is, ask BJ MOTORS and ELITE MOTORS.
They are buying and selling FGT's everyday. If their price would be off, they would not be selling.

AutoTrader and EBay information can and is misleading.

At least one of these dealers is purchasing cars on ebay for the lower price and then subsequently marking the price up once it is placed in their inventory...so does that mean the ebay price is not an accurate market price?

Status
Not open for further replies.