Wrecked GT wanted

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 19, 2007
Frankfort Ill
I'm looking for a GT to put together for an open track car. Stupid top speed. Where do all the slightly damaged ones go?

Thanks,

Steve

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
The SLIGHTLY damaged get fixed and kept. Usually, the damage is extensive, or yet, a total loss. I see a few now and then on ebay and other places, but the badly wrecked ones still seem like they bring alot of money. Just my $.02

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 19, 2007
Frankfort Ill
What I have in mind would be an unlimited or unrestricted car as to the build. Allow 30 to 50 for the engine and fuel system. Add 10 to 15 for the cage and safety,20 for brakes, suspension etc. and 25 for misc. and I find myself looking for a mule instead of a queen.
I've always found that someone has what I want but if I don't ask, they don't know I want it.

BTW Shelby, I was planning on getting by to see you on a duck hunting trip in McCrory, but last minute obligations kept me from going.

Thanks,

Steve

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Damn.... You should have stopped by. You were about an hour away

Gregg Thurman

GT Owner
Nov 3, 2007
I've been looking for a wreck with the intention of creating a Super Mustang or other suitable car. Let me know if you find more than one. I just missed out on an insurance sale. The carcass went for $65,000.

Last edited by a moderator:

snaproll

GT Owner
Dec 3, 2006
Naples, FL
What I have in mind would be an unlimited or unrestricted car as to the build. Allow 30 to 50 for the engine and fuel system. Add 10 to 15 for the cage and safety,20 for brakes, suspension etc. and 25 for misc. and I find myself looking for a mule instead of a queen.
I've always found that someone has what I want but if I don't ask, they don't know I want it.. .

Sounds like a great project - a less expensive track car that won't hurt your feelings when it gets a ding. With sticky tires, the stock GT brakes, suspension, and engine (w/minor mods) are enough to go faster than virtually anything found at any local track day, especially if you can drive it to it's potential. I'd spend the money on safety, save the rest for tires, and go find the weaknesses - just my .02

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
GREGG,
I have edited your last sentence of your last post.
Thanks,
daniel

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
If someone finds a stockpile, I also am looking for a wrecked/damaged GT on the cheap, with or without an engine. :cheers

Gregg Thurman

GT Owner
Nov 3, 2007
Bony, You did a good job. I can't discern what changes you made.

XRQTOR

Jan 4, 2008
If anyone finds a wrecked car or 2 i'd love to know also.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
check with insurance salvage companies.

XRQTOR

Jan 4, 2008
Only seen one go through a us auction, i'm registered with Ridesafe and 1 other. If anyone knows of any other insurance auctions i should look at please let me know.

1434gt

GT Owner
Aug 29, 2006
Wreckt GT wanted

check out copart.com they have a thungsten 4 option car hit left front car is coming up for auction in 2 weeks you will need to be a registed dealer with them

XRQTOR

Jan 4, 2008
check out copart.com they have a thungsten 4 option car hit left front car is coming up for auction in 2 weeks you will need to be a registed dealer with them
Thanks for that link mate, even lets people from outside the usa sign up.

Ok it's not letting me sign up as it wont take my area code, sent them an email and hopefully we can get this cleared up. You wouldnt happen to have any pics of this car by any chance would you mate.

Last edited:

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 19, 2007
Frankfort Ill
I got a heads up about a wreck on ebay. I tried to call the listed number but the inbox was full. Seller has been on ebay since 2003 but only 5 sales. He has 5 or 6 auctions all going off in one day. He says he may give a second chance if his reserve is not met so bid what you are willing to pay. Something doesn't add up to me. Just a heads up.

Steve

XRQTOR

Jan 4, 2008
I got a heads up about a wreck on ebay. I tried to call the listed number but the inbox was full. Seller has been on ebay since 2003 but only 5 sales. He has 5 or 6 auctions all going off in one day. He says he may give a second chance if his reserve is not met so bid what you are willing to pay. Something doesn't add up to me. Just a heads up.

Steve

Thanks for the heads up Steve.

At first glance it doesn't appear to be to bad although, what worries me is both doors are closed and the tops arn't lined up with the roof :eek. I'm not to clued on to how the chassis is placed & run through these cars but that could be a majour issue.

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 19, 2007
Frankfort Ill
A dealer friend that might be assisting me said the exact same thing about the doors. That is why I tried to call the seller. I'll take a pass on this one for sure.

Steve