Wrecked cars

NJF

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Thanks for that information.

Kendall, any comments between hard line versus soft line deployments? If this is not the appropriate place, just pm me. My order was placed for the soft line system. I would be interested in the uptick to go with the hard lines.

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
There is really only one Halon system - that being the hardline system as pictured on our website. They all built and shipped Safecraft and this is the 4th order we have fulfilled in the past 3 days! There was an original system that we had with softlines and with the same nozzles mounted below the rails instead of on top for a more discreet installation. As it turns out, for the last 3 years, everyone prefers the hardline system because of the aesthetics.

NJF

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Great, glad to hear it.

Thanks!

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
When Kendall did my Halon system those many years ago, I didn't even know there was a 'softline' system, but like Kendall intimated, aesthetically, even if I'd seen it, there would have been no contest. I bought it for the protection, but I do love how it looks.

Sorry about your car Kumar. And I feel bad for you because of the Jalopnik idiot who did the write up. Glad you're ok man. Was your post about this on this thread really your 1000th post? Hope you get a new car soon.

There is really only one Halon system - that being the hardline system as pictured on our website. They all built and shipped Safecraft and this is the 4th order we have fulfilled in the past 3 days! There was an original system that we had with softlines and with the same nozzles mounted below the rails instead of on top for a more discreet installation. As it turns out, for the last 3 years, everyone prefers the hardline system because of the aesthetics.

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
I just saw the video, glad that you escaped without injury, as everyone else has already said, the car can be replaced, you can't! Hope that you find and build another one soon.

tanner

GT Owner
Jan 12, 2011
That was one of my favorites. Sorry to see it Kumar.

STUNTS

FORD GT OWNER & LITTLE TIMMYS DAD!
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
SoCal
Kumar,
Ditto as to what everyone else has said....

JAYGT

GT Owner
Nov 20, 2010
MIAMI
It's always a good day when you can walk away from something like that.

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
Can't think of a single profound thing to say lessening the loss of the car but I am truly glad your ok!

gtforme

GT Owner
Apr 12, 2009
Always unfortunate to hear of such a tragedy , glad you are OK

I saw the vid and I cant beleieve the cops let people keep driving by so close to the car, the road should have been blocked off a half a mile away

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas
Always unfortunate to hear of such a tragedy , glad you are OK

I saw the vid and I cant beleieve the cops let people keep driving by so close to the car, the road should have been blocked off a half a mile away

Agreed! But that would have required more officers and police cars that were probably busy writing tickets for 41mph in a 30 mph zone......most typical here in Texas. It's all about revenue...not safe driving.

paul b

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2006
Probably too soon to say, but fear of fire is the reason I installed an external battery cut-off.

FourFather

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 24, 2007
Wichita Falls, Texas 76306
Sorry for your loss--glad you are OK.

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
31.022340° N / 44.846191° W
Probably too soon to say, but fear of fire is the reason I installed an external battery cut-off.
I've seen a Porsche catch on fire from something as stupid as oil leaking from the engine, hitting the grass below and starting a fire, consequently burning the car to the ground. A battery cutoff would have been useless. Was it an electrical fire in this case, or something else? I read the entire thread, but didn't notice him answering the question...

silver1331

GT Owner
Jan 31, 2008
Chicago, IL
sux bro, glad you're safe

911teo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 5, 2007
Surrey, UK
Having been through something similar myself recently I can really say that the only important thing is that you are OK. Good luck!