sam........?
:pop

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
I L-U-V the wheels...but, the car? Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh...

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
BMW/ugly-redundant

(except for yours Rick-of course)

H

HHGT

sam........?
:pop

Present!!! I reported on this piece of "Store High In Transit" a couple of months ago...:ack:ack

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
German style.

Gentlemen,

BMW and Mercedes-Benz styling has certainly taken an odd turn during the last half decade. The well ordered and cohesive German styling that has made their automobiles a hit for the last several decades has been thrown out and replaced with this strange combination of scallops, creases thrown in at odd angles, and mismatched curves terminating into flat surfaces. Throw in some strange chrome trim pieces, add some body painted trim, and then top it all off with radio and navigation controls that a NASA flight engineer couldn't figure out. Perhaps I'm just not bright enough to see the brilliance of the design. More likely, the emperor has no clothes.

Chip

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
The new 7 series blows. That's a shame because the a couple generations ago it was the definitive autobahn executive hauler. Now it's a weird bulbous thing.

I do love the current AMG CL's.

Blue Moose

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Chandler,Arizona.
What an odd 'boot'. And Chip - you're a pilot - if you have problems with the nav controls there's no hope for us mere mortals.
:willy

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
This thing looks like it is taking styling cues from the Toyota Prius. The ugly cues...

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
it will probably sell, and one of the only sports cars you can put you skiis inside as you race up the Hwy 395 to Mammoth Lakes, right Ralphie???

djs

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 7, 2007
"Looks like they are going to put this into production"

If that is the answer, the question is, why?

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
it will probably sell, and one of the only sports cars you can put you skiis inside as you race up the Hwy 395 to Mammoth Lakes, right Ralphie???

You're probably right, but there are too many "beamers" ("bimmers"?) coming up here now. I prefer seeing the 4X4 Expeditions, Yukons, and Suburbans in the parking lot at the skia area - people who know that they need traction when driving in a winter scene, and comfort while making the 300-400 mile drive for their recreation.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
"Looks like they are going to put this into production"

If that is the answer, the question is, why?

Thankfully, I may have spoke too soon. Let's hope it remains a concept...

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
I do love the new ad campaign answer to Audi:

http://www.bmwblog.com/2009/04/13/billboards-war-bmw-vs-audi/

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State

With apologies to poor ol' Sam, I really do LIKE the M3. 'No way on God's green earth I'd take an Audi over one. ('Only gripe I have about the 3 series is the fact that a person has to be a little more [okay...a LOT more] flexible - or at least a bit less 'stove up' - than I to e-a-s-i-l-y get in & out of one.:frown)