WOW High E-bay bids !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GTNJ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 21, 2006
State of Confusion
Looks at this price already. WOW :banana:banana:banana:banana

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2006...yZ116478QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

jdoc7

GT Owner #1872
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 7, 2007
Central, Illinois
Hmmm, let's take a look at the bidders.

Both have '0' feedback and recently registered for Ebay. One has bid on another car that the same seller is also selling. Looks to me like they are all probably friends and just bidding up the price of the car to make it look like someone really wants it. Of course I could be wrong but this happens all the time!

GTNJ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 21, 2006
State of Confusion

Both have '0' feedback and recently registered for Ebay. One has bid on another car that the same seller is also selling. Looks to me like they are all probably friends and just bidding up the price of the car to make it look like someone really wants it. Of course I could be wrong but this happens all the time!

I didn't look so far as to notice. Good observation jdoc7 :thumbsup

Still a no mileage car surfaces. :biggrin

usmcfred

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 26, 2006
Massachusetts

Both have '0' feedback and recently registered for ebay. One has bid on another car that the same seller is also selling. Looks to me like they are all probably friends and just bidding up the price of the car to make it look like someone really wants it. Of course I could be wrong but this happens all the time!

jdoc7 is spot on ... looks like two shill bidders, probably occupying desks in the dealer's showroom or at the kitchen table at home.

This is however one of the last white/blue stripe 2006 FGT's I've seen on ebay with single digit mileage.

JAS

Sep 4, 2007
That would explain the guy's story about having to restart the auction. He obviously got no real bids that were any good. A car dealer friend of mine thinks these auctions are often fixed. I know when I bought my 2003 Viper in 2005, I bought it well below Ebay sale prices when plenty were available. If everybody could make 5 grand for buying a readily available 1,000 mile car and running an ebay auction, every dealer would be rich.
This car may be single digit miles, but its also been titled apparantly. If someone cares about single digit, they probably also want an MSO car.

Does anyone know how many of these cars are still with the original dealers?

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Does anyone know how many of these cars are still with the original dealers?

Tell me what you're looking for and I'll find what's still in inventory. However, it will be 06's only as the 05's won't show up anymore.

GTNJ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 21, 2006
State of Confusion
Tell me what you're looking for and I'll find what's still in inventory. However, it will be 06's only as the 05's won't show up anymore.

Excuse me Sir ................ We are talking about GT's aren't we? :rofl

gemkid

Sep 3, 2007
How many 06 gt cars are left in dealer hands and what colors?? where can you look this up???thanks GEMKID

Jones

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 11, 2007
Orange County, CA
You guys have to come to terms that white/blue are faster and are more valuable.

somelee

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 9, 2007
New York & SoCal

If one were looking, hypothetically speaking of course, for a second GT that was Tungsten ......would one know where to look?...........:wink

a close friend :wink also might be intersted in a silver/black striped car......if anyone knows of one

Casper

GT Owner
Oct 24, 2006
Great Falls, MT
This one is even worth more... it has " Cruise control "....

Casper

GT Owner
Oct 24, 2006
Great Falls, MT
I forgot this.....this is how aware the seller is???? :bs

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
Don't you have cruise control? I have one. It's called a lead shoe. Just place it on your right foot, place your foot on the gas pedal and go!

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
I told the nice officer that my cruise control was stuck...

Waxer

Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 22, 2007
Who are these "White w/blue stripes are faster" guys??? First, thats clearly not true and second, white is not even a color.

:lol

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Evan, boobala!
Play nice :)
Bony
#1153 white on white :)

somelee

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 9, 2007
New York & SoCal
Who are these "White w/blue stripes are faster" guys??? First, thats clearly not true and second, white is not even a color.

:lol

well not to defend the white cars....(since mine is Black and obviously faster:biggrin).......but I think technically speaking white is a combination of all colors.............problem is that means Black has no color at all...........maybe thats why its faster......less weight! :thumbsup.......

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
well not to defend the white cars....(since mine is Black and obviously faster:biggrin).......but I think technically speaking white is a combination of all colors.............problem is that means Black has no color at all...........maybe thats why its faster......less weight! :thumbsup.......

Aaaaaaaaah! Not so, venerable sir. BLACK absorbs all colors ... WHITE reflects all colors. THAT is scientific fact! ...And, as such, it then follows that the REASON white cars are slower is because the white paint is reflecting ALL light AWAY from the front of the vehicle on which it's applied (in our case - the FGT) and the act of "reflecting" said light in the OPPOSITE direction of travel results in the creation of slightly more resistance as these rays "push off" away from the nose of the car. Said white FGT, then, must overcome additional resistance to gain speed. Hence - the car is slower.

Now, before someone makes this observational blunder, the light rays pushing off the REAR of the car do NOT "compensate" or "offset" those pushing against the nose because the rear defusers upset the enviornment in which THESE rays operate just enough to negate any off setting "push" they may have provided.

Now, on the other hand, BLUE cars absorb ALL COLORS save one - BLUE. And while one may think at 1st glance that this would give a v-e-r-y slight advantage to the BLACK car (which absorbs ALL colors), this ALSO is not so, as the BLUE CARS ( covered at length on other threads) were given the HOTTEST POSSIBLE "tune" downloads...whereas the other cars were not. These programs MORE than overcome the puney advantage any black car had -and THEN some. (This also explains why the blue cars cost more and are in higher demand.)

I DO hope this clears up the matter once and for all. :skep

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
....now I might just read THAT thesis Mr. Pockets.

isaakgt

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Wilder, Idaho
Larry, I am going to have Stephen Hawking take a look at your anal-ogy. This just doesn't add up. :confused