Schumacher retires from Formula One racing

Michael Schumacher, the most successful Formula One driver of all
time, has announced that he was retiring from the sport at the end
of the season. Ferrari announced the German's decision on Sunday
just minutes after Schumacher won the Italian Grand Prix. The
victory at Monza moved Schumacher to within two points of Formula
One leader Fernando Alonso with only three races remaining this
season. Ferrari also announced that Finland's Kimi Raikkonen and
Brazilian Felipe Massa will race for Ferrari next season.

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Great time to announce after winning Ferrari's home country GP. I hope he takes this year's championship as well.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Florida Chris said:
Great time to announce after winning Ferrari's home country GP. I hope he takes this year's championship as well.
Yeah, I hope so, nothing like going out on top. Be fun to go her-ass STEFAN in Verona and drive up to Maranello! Wonder if I can rent a Vette now that I have the gold chains, wig and elvis glasses :cheers :bored

50 BMG

Aug 3, 2005
AZ
Lot of speculation going on about this retirement business (meaning whether or not Ferrari forced it). Anyways, best of luck to him...he's always seem to had it.

Congratulations to Kimi Raikkonen on winning the 2007 championship :bored

Last edited:

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
NPR said he is currently making 90 mil a year right now.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
50 BMG said:
Lot of speculation going on about this retirement business (meaning whether or not Ferrari forced it). Anyways, best of luck to him...he's always seem to had it.

up... expect to see him run McLaren, take his Ferrari mates with him.
Do you realize that the Ferrari racing program employees 1/3 of the firm...amazing.

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
DO YOU THINK HE CAN RUN OUR SECOND GT AT LEMANS!!!! :biggrin GTJOEY ALWAYS THINKING!!!

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Schumi will step down

bony said:
Yeah, I hope so, nothing like going out on top. Be fun to go her-ass STEFAN in Verona and drive up to Maranello! Wonder if I can rent a Vette now that I have the gold chains, wig and elvis glasses :cheers :bored
Bony, Chris and the others here,

any time, come by ! Don't need to rent, we'll look through my Garage and will find something suitable... :lol

We'll be on the Fiorano Racetrack across the factory again on September 24th, btw..
Schumi is amazing, no doubt. But with Ross Brawn retiring aswell, and his 'unforced errors' in the past two GP's, he knew it is time to safeguard the honors whilst still hot.. I look forward to the Ferrari year end party this year. :thumbsup
And from reliable sources they voice he will stay close to Ferrari past his retirement. One way or another. Montezemolo is too much in love with him.. !

Stefan

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
WRONG ASSUMPTION, BMG !

50 BMG said:

1. Ferrari would have been delighted to have him next year again. Period..
2. Raikkonen will not be worldchampion next year. Here's why:
Raikkonen will not see the same team around him as the past year's Schumi. Ross Brawn, and few other guys will leave. Not sure about Rory Burns either (but nothing announced). Kimi is not the same level of 'car analyst' as Schumi, in setting the car up and work with the techs.

My few cents..

Stefan

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Stefan,
You don't think Shumi is going to NASCAR??? :biggrin :cheers :biggrin

just yanking your chain.
Cheers,
daniel :biggrin

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Bony boy,

for shuuure not ! In fact, it was in Indianapolis this year he decided to stop his career. What have you done to him there ? :wink (PS: Chain yank back to you, bro...)

Stefan

He'll be ambassador and/or right shoulder to Jean Todt. Let me reveal so much for now...

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Hope you are correct Stefan, hard to imagine F w/o MS :bored

50 BMG

Aug 3, 2005
AZ
SLF360 said:
1. Ferrari would have been delighted to have him next year again. Period..
2. Raikkonen will not be worldchampion next year. Here's why:
Raikkonen will not see the same team around him as the past year's Schumi. Ross Brawn, and few other guys will leave. Not sure about Rory Burns either (but nothing announced). Kimi is not the same level of 'car analyst' as Schumi, in setting the car up and work with the techs.

My few cents..

Stefan

Your correct, but I still think Raikkonen will be champion, and here is why:

First, F1 will no longer be a formula with every on Ferraristones (oops, I mean bridgestones)

Second, his best and only competition next year (Alonso) will be in the pinnacle of reliability McLaren.

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
50 BMG said:
Your correct, but I still think Raikkonen will be champion, and here is why:

First, F1 will no longer be a formula with every on Ferraristones (oops, I mean bridgestones)

Second, his best and only competition next year (Alonso) will be in the pinnacle of reliability McLaren.
interesting and valid. I think maybe there is the Kubica guy (my wild card pick) that could stir things up. BMW, not bad either...

stefan

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
There is no doubt Robert Kubica is the biggest motorsport talent in his home country of Poland. He debuted in 1998 and immediately won the Italian Junior Kart Championship and came second in the European Junior Kart Championship.

The switch to open-wheel racing came in 2000, when he competed in his first race in the Italian Formula Renault 2000. The following year he managed to reach second place in the overall drivers' classification.

Robert also made a very good impression in the Formula 3. In his first ever race in the Formula 3 Euro Series at the Norisring in 2003 he achieved a sensational victory. He competed for the entire season in 2004 and came overall seventh.

The BMW Sauber F1 Team's test driver celebrated his biggest success last year, when he won four races to secure the title in the "World Series by Renault".