workshop manual ; can't find oil change

efurlong

GT Owner
Jan 5, 2006
I purchased the 2005 ford gt "official" workshop manual from helm. I am ready to do my first oil change. I can not find the procedure in the manual anywhere. I would really like to see an illustration of where the oil drain plugs are located. Has anybody here found the procedure with drain plug locations in the workshop manual. Thank you in advance.

FrankBarba

Permanent Vacation
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 16, 2005
Harrisburg, PA
Look very very close. Took me 7 x's of reading the manual before i found it....

efurlong

GT Owner
Jan 5, 2006
what page

Hi, could you save me some time and tell me what page it is on?

barondw

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2005
Look for previous threads discussing the logistics involved. Far more complex in removing the bottom flat panels than you may think.

Here is one thread:
http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=270&highlight=change

Dave

kosupply

GT Owner/Board of Directors
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 27, 2006
Houston
Dealer charged $450.00 in Houston

barondw

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2005
kosupply said:
Dealer charged $450.00 in Houston

Not surprising it can 2 -3 hours of labor alone

Mod Friendly

Feb 8, 2006
Plantation, Florida
That price sounds about right. You have to remove the rear lower panel, there are 3 drain plugs underneath it. Theres more work invovled in removing the panels than doing the oil change itself. If you do it yourself, I would recommend for the first time to snap a pic of it underneath it before you remove stuff. And to snap a pic at certain points just for reference. You also have to remember that it takes 9-10 quarts of oil. Id suggest just using what is recommended, motorcraft 5w50 full synthetic which was designed specifically for the GT by ford.

One word of advise "KEEP ALL YOUR RECIEPTS"

barondw

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2005
Mod Friendly said:
That price sounds about right. You have to remove the rear lower panel, there are 3 drain plugs underneath it. Theres more work invovled in removing the panels than doing the oil change itself. If you do it yourself, I would recommend for the first time to snap a pic of it underneath it before you remove stuff. And to snap a pic at certain points just for reference. You also have to remember that it takes 9-10 quarts of oil. Id suggest just using what is recommended, motorcraft 5w50 full synthetic which was designed specifically for the GT by ford.

One word of advise "KEEP ALL YOUR RECIEPTS"

I have previously posted pictures and there is ample discussion on previous thread.

Dave