Woodward Dream Cruise Week started..

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Start: Woodward Dream Cruise week started yesterday with quite a nice car show and grand opening at the M-1 Concourse.
Took the Ford GT and the Shelby GT 500. Other GTs were there.

End:It ends this Sunday at Ford World HQ with the Mustang Memories Cars show.(Aug 21st)

They are closing Woodward on Thursday for sanctioned 1/8 mile drag races and assorted Other events all week.

I will be on Woodward most each evening ,Mustang Alley in Ferndale and at World HQ on Sunday.

I was wondering if there were any special Ford GT events at ICON on Friday or Saturday? or other meeting places? or get togethers?

andy (ajb)

1434gt

GT Owner
Aug 29, 2006
i know few cars will be at Pasquales restaurant aroud 6 on Wednesday.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
I'm going to make that Event one year !!

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Will be out of town. Nothing going on here.

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
I'm going to make that Event one year !!

If you ever decide to go Brian, the only decent times to enjoy the original 'intent' of the Woodwad Cruise is the Thursday and Friday evenings before the actual event. Otherwise you're simply stairing at rush hour traffic with a hot rod or two every hour or so.

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
The 'rush hour ' syndrome is changing. With Ford Mustang Alley now at 9 mile road in Ferndale-(and no longer in B-Ham Shane park) and NOW the new M-1 Concourse up at the South End of Pontiac at the Woodward loop, the Cruise is becoming much more 'spread out" between Ferndale and Pontiac.

M-1 Concourse now has a very large central skid pad for car parking and the 1.5 mile paved track. (all new asphalt.) that can hold a lot of cars.
The downside however continues to be that Pebble Beach and the Dream Cruise always occur on the SAME weekend in August.
andy (ajb)

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
Maaaaaaan...........I hope you're right.

The last few times I've gone it's been frickin' boring. The only interesting things were the manufacturer's set ups. My high school and college buds have all stopped their usual BBQ's and keggers along the route in B'ham due to the parking lot that forms of minivans, pick me ups, and sedans loaded with 'loaded' kids.

Andy, please give an update of this year's if you wouldn't mind!? The memories of the great early ones still burn.........like the smell of bleach and rubber at 10pm or so!!

Attachments

• erbleach.jpg
    erbleach.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 198
Last edited:

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Will do. !

andy (ajb)

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
Ford GT roof opening alows us to participate in
Guardian Angel Nursing for quadriplegic and paraplegic charity.
They have a overhead lowering device and we get to take them up/down woodward.
Most have spent there lives strapped in a transport bus. Last year i had one gentalman who had never pushed a window button. They get a video to keep. Very special.
Friday 2-6pm Kingsley Inn FB_IMG_1471402967106.jpg

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Tom - pretty cool . Send me more details about the organization. Would you need another Ford
GT to help out..?

andy (ajb)

NorthwoodGT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2009
Michigan
Saturday-Woodward Cruise

Last edited:

SQUEAKER

GT Owner
Aug 18, 2006
Mount Joy Pa
Been here since Wednesday, been on the streets a lot of today. Planning on going out tonight, tomorrow and tomorrow night. Sounds like Saturday may be a wash out so I'm trying to "cruise" as much as possible. Any planned GT get togethers planned??? If not I may see you on Woodward.

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
Google D-Man Or Guardian Angel Troy Mi.
Usually all the local news cover it. GM corvette camaro drop tops commit. Maybe Ford Pr. Dpt is not aware. Friday 2-6 show up in parking lot and ask for Judy Bernard give her my name and she will put you in the line up. Take 1 or take more they are thankful for any support.
Professional video as well.

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgYufILzkos
Last year video, Now be nice on the rap music the D-Man foundation has a recording studio built just for the paralyzed spinal cord injury.
They get to do what they can and get the CD to keep.
http://mydman.org/dream-cruise/

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Tom - very nice. We will try to hook up with you.
ALL --I have been on Woodward every night this week with either the Ford GT, Shelby GT500 Mustang or the 2005 TBird... I have never seen it SO BUSY and crowded so early...every night.
We can watch for each other and maybe just wave..
For SURE I will be at MUSTANG ALLEY On 9 mile and Woodward at 9:am after our 7:00 am bonsai run .
Usually walk Mustang Alley and talk to my old Ford Friends from 9am to 11:00...
maybe see some of you guys there..
andy (ajb)

NorthwoodGT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2009
Michigan
To Mark M.- thanks for dinner on Woodward the other night at the Roush party!

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Closure.... spent days on Woodward as planned. Went to Ford WHQ on Sunday for Mustang memories.
Cruised from 9 mile in Ferndale to M1 concourse in Pontiac (after the rain so it was empty.) on Saturday.
But in general , the 'spreading out " of the cruise I think decreased the number of classic cars you could see from being in one place (like 15 mile and Woodward. and the Roush display north of 13 mile)
Seems that Even more trucks and mini vans clogged the roadway this year than usual.
I was a bit disappointed..

andy (ajb)

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
Andy, thank you for your candid comments. I was so hoping for a change to take place with the Cruise as it's so quintessential Detroit, and an event us old Detroiters could look forward to each year.