WI / IL Cruise Saturday 9/15

metalman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 22, 2006
If anyone in the Chicago / Milwaukee area is interested. We have a cruise of about 100 or so cars on Saturday 9/15. Lots of Exotics and sports cars. We've been doing this for over a year and get a pretty good showing. It's going to be a great drive ending at a buffet at a place called Kelly's Bleachers. Never been there but, I'm not going for the food.

We have a couple of GT's now, including mine and if anyone is interested let me know and I'll fill you in.

Earlier this year we had one with about 250 cars, it turned into a mini cannonball run and was too much fun.

Tony

jdoc7

GT Owner #1872
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 7, 2007
Central, Illinois
PM sent

jdoc7

GT Owner #1872
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 7, 2007
Central, Illinois
Tony,

I need to make arrangements today if I am going to go on the cruise this weekend. Contact me today with info/details. If not, I will have to pass.

metalman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 22, 2006
Jeff,

Sorry for the delay, I don't get on here as much as some. I've sent a reply to your PM, hope you can make it!

Tony

Tony,

I need to make arrangements today if I am going to go on the cruise this weekend. Contact me today with info/details. If not, I will have to pass.

TifosiTed

GT Owner
Jul 30, 2007
Chicago Burbs
Tony, please send me details.

Thanks,

Ted

DanQ

GT Owner
Aug 18, 2005
Lake Zurich, IL
Sorry I couldn't make it. Just got back from a backpacking trip in Alberta sunday. Any pictures?

metalman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 22, 2006
This was too much fun, if anyone is in the area and is on the fence about trying this, give it a try. Our next cruise is October 6. I'll get organizer Joel to post here with details.

The cruise ended with a nice prime rib buffet and everyone had fun and made it home safe.

Here are some stats:

Cars: About 80 (All kinds, only 2 GT's, Some Ferrari's, Porsche, Lotus, lots of Corvettes, some very fast Z06's and lots of others)
Miles driven: About 60 country road, 15 highway
Stoplights: 0 (very nicely planned route, thanks to Mike C)
Police roadblocks: 1

I'm sharing this because we had a great time and always do. It would be nice to see more GT's at these.