Why I will vote democratic....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quickdraw

pit crew chief
Dec 28, 2006
1. I'm voting Democrat because I believe the government will do a better job of spending the money I earn than I would.

2. I'm voting Democrat because freedom of speech is fine as long as nobody is offended by it.

3. I'm voting Democrat because when we pull out of Iraq , I trust that the bad guys will stop what they're doing because they now think we're "good people. "

4. I'm voting Democrat because I believe that people who CAN'T tell us if it will rain on Friday, CAN tell us that the polar ice caps will melt away in ten years if I don't start driving a Prius.

5. I'm voting Democrat because I'm not concerned about the slaughter of millions of babies, so long as we keep all death row inmates alive.

6. I'm voting Democrat because I believe that businesses should not be allowed to make profits for themselves. They need to break even and give the rest away to the government for redistribution as THEY see fit.

7. I'm voting Democrat because I believe three or four pointy headed elitist liberals need to rewrite the Constitution every few days to suit some fringe kooks who would NEVER get their agendas past the voters.

8. I'm voting Democrat because I believe that when the terrorists don't have to hide from us over there and when they come over here, I don't want to have any guns in the house to fight them off with.

9. I'm voting Democrat because I love the fact that I can now marry whatever I want. I've decided to marry my horse (or GT).

10. I'm voting Democrat because I believe oil companies' profits of 4% on a gallon of gas are obscene, but the government taxing the same gallon of gas at 15% isn't.

*** Makes ya wonder why anyone would EVER vote Republican, now doesn't it?

MK2_GT

GTX1 Owner
Mar 25, 2006
ain't that the truth...........

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
well since you put it that way .. I'm selling my GT, giving my guns away (FEDEX to Pakistan) and I have decided to learn how to sing CumByYAHH!!!

yeah right... :ack

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas
Ah, but will they allow me to have more than one GT for marriage?:wink Wait a minute..I ain't dun yet. If we all becomes demoraps then we ain't gotta work no more cuz the guvment will pay for everythin'. But come to think about it, who will work?

Last edited:

Mark06GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Ah, but will they allow me to have more than one GT for marriage?

Only in Utah

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
what do you think the market will do tomorrow...?????
just wanting to keep the upbeat spirit going...

Thanks Harry :)

H

HHGT

what do you think the market will do tomorrow...?????
just wanting to keep the upbeat spirit going...

Thanks Harry :)

It will open and then it will close. It has done that for years. Fortunes are made and then lost. It won't be that different tomorrow.

My guess (and I hope that I am wrong) is that we will be below 10K for a while - we still have not found the bottom. If and when I jump back into the market, the S&P will be the better buy in my humble opinion.

Pete S.

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2006
MA
My guess (and I hope that I am wrong) is that we will be below 10K for a while - we still have not found the bottom. If and when I jump back into the market, the S&P will be the better buy in my humble opinion.

I think your guess is close. I think somewhere from 8K to 8.5K will be the bottom; and time to get back in.

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
I think your guess is close. I think somewhere from 8K to 8.5K will be the bottom; and time to get back in.

Yeah, Back in June I predicted the market at 9800 and oil at 75.00-85.00 a barrel before mid October. Some thought I was nutz ... Sorry to say I think my bottom prediction was off about a 1000 pts ... and did not consider the stupidity of the government. :ack:ack

There is money to be made in the market ... its just in extremely short positions. Once all the fear (and election) is over it should start to rise a bit since the basic fundamentals are good .... but if fear mongering keeps up for much longer then that is not even going to be true. IMHO ... too much media ..too little rational/professional thought processes going on.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
I think it will go to 1000, buy guns, red meat, don't pay your bills, carry on with this thread...

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
BEER ... you forgot BEER!!! :cheers

with all seriousness .. we're watching multi-million dollar deals grenade left and right and further iron clad service contracts being negated on a seemingly daily basis due to the trickle down effect. If cash does not start flowing in the next 30 days or so there will be another huge round of layoffs as companies that are NOT reliant on credit lines to pay bills and pay roll get pulled down by the ones that operate under that model.

Sorry Bony ... it ain't doom and gloom its just a statement of fact and there are several guys around here that rely on being paid in order to pay bills. Since their investments have lost 60% plus in value this MONTH!

Beach-GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 8, 2006
Seminole Florida
Here's an idea....since the republicans like to save and the democtarts like to tax and spend, Cut the taxes on republicans in half and double those for the democrats....then we will all be happy. :banana

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
Here's an idea....since the republicans like to save and the democtarts like to tax and spend, Cut the taxes on republicans in half and double those for the democrats....then we will all be happy. :banana

I like it!!! I like it!!! :banana

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
I am shocked this post lives.

Love the list it so on target.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
I am shocked this post lives.

Love the list it so on target.

I think one oif these going at anyone time is enough.. sorry Tom, but some of these U tubes are so disrespectful that you can't be surprised when they go bye-bye:eek:ack:eek For the record I am sending these out all day long to folks but am not posting them here...

Bony

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
I think one oif these going at anyone time is enough.. sorry Tom, but some of these U tubes are so disrespectful that you can't be surprised when they go bye-bye:eek:ack:eek For the record I am sending these out all day long to folks but am not posting them here...

Bony

Got it I can respect that:thumbsup

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
oh what the h@ll ... the famous snl skit is attached ... it just seemed appropriate for this thread. :biggrin

http://hotair.com/archives/2008/10/08/one-mo-time-the-redacted-snl-bailout-sketch/

kumar

GT Owner
Jan 31, 2007
Dallas
id vote democratic

#1 reason being im sick of seeing our dollars put to use in iraq and probably iran in the future instead of at home

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
id vote democratic

#1 reason being im sick of seeing our dollars put to use in iraq and probably iran in the future instead of at home

For once, I'm jus' gunna shut th' heck up on this'n! :lol

Well except for ONE item! (Ah, come on! You KNEW I'd hafta!)

Pls remember, Kumar, the DEMO's gave us the CRA in 1977 (signed by Carter)...and the Clinton admin further reinforced the mandates of same in the nineties...and when it was beginning to be obvious that the dictates of the act were "coming home to roost", the DEMS, headed by Frank, Schumer, and Dodd, et al., stonewalled the attempts of McCain and others on the GOP side who wanted to clamp down on the subprime loans being bought up. No matter HOW you look at it, the CRA was the genesis of the whole subprime mess. AND IT WAS THE DEMOCRATS WHO BOTH CREATED IT AND STAUNCHLY DEFENDED IT. Yet they've been blaming Bush's economic policies (AND McCain too, of course) for our current situation!:lol

Perhaps the Dem's position/view was no better stated than when Rep. Maxine Waters said in the 'Fin. Serv. Committee meeting of 9/03: "Mr. Chairman, we do not have a crisis at Freddy Mac, and in particular at Fanny Mae under the outstanding leadership of Mr. Frank Raines.:)ack) Everything in the 1992 act has worked just fine." :bs

..And you think we ought to elect a Democrat to the presidency so the Democrats who created the mess in the 1st place can be in charge of the recovery? :willy:willy:willy

I ask you to reconsider, sir.

Dat's it. I'm dunn. I'll shuddup now. :thumbsup :cheers

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
closed

Status
Not open for further replies.