...or did I just miss it somehow?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74gthT8v1ds

Anyway, congrats to John and the crew!

Last edited:

GT1261

GT Owner
May 28, 2012
SICK! SICK! SICK!
I just love the idea of putting Great White Shark testosteron mixed with two Turbos in a Exige!

GT1261

GT Owner
May 28, 2012
Goosebumps. John Hennessey for President !!!

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
I read somewhere that you can't believe everything your read the Guinness book of records.

Nice runs in spite of of that! :thumbsup

I wonder what the car does in the mile.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I read somewhere that you can't believe everything your read the Guinness book of records.

John Hennessey and Don Goldman have proven it over and over again it front of anyone that wants to watch, with fully documented and available in and out of car footage, validated by employees from RaceLogic/vBox, supplying the same equipment (that samples data 10x more frequently than a consumer vBox) to every automotive magazine in the world, as well as all the major OEM automakers.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
John Hennessey and Don Goldman have proven it over and over again it front of anyone that wants to watch, with fully documented and available in and out of car footage, validated by employees from RaceLogic/vBox, supplying the same equipment (that samples data 10x more frequently than a consumer vBox) to every automotive magazine in the world, as well as all the major OEM automakers.

I don't doubt what you say, but from the layman's point of view using only public knowledge read on the web I wouldn't know the validity of this run over any others in FL. Most people don't get into the minutia and don't know the people involved, or the equipment used. Only that it is "verified" by Guinness, the gold standard. That is why the Henessey video shows the Guiness man saying a record was broken and not giving great details of the timing equipment used or the sanctioning body used.

BTW the cheap Driftbox and Performance box is plenty accurate even at the slow 10 samples / sec. I got readings that match the my timing slips from the TX mile better than 99.9%!

Last edited:

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Well then it's a good thing we're not laymen.

Jason Watt

Had both, sold both
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Copenhagen, Denmark
SUPER JOB!!! Bloody hell that was fast...
Has he done the mile with it??

djs

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 7, 2007
I often wondered why Hennessey went the GM 7 liter route instead of the of the FGT modular? Cost? Parts availability? It can't be durability?

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
I often wondered why Hennessey went the GM 7 liter route instead of the of the FGT modular? Cost? Parts availability? It can't be durability?

Maybe size. DOHC motors tend to be a lot bigger than pushrod motors.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Parts availability?

This. Concern about future availability to source parts.

BIGFOOT

GT Owner
Jan 18, 2012
Northeast
Congrats to the owners of Hennessey and the entire team there.
I would like in particular to call out Congrats to my good friend and "brutha" Sequential Johnny who was the driver of the Venom.

DGCA

*Supporting Vendor*
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2007
Southern California
John and I selected the power plant based on future availability to source the parts in a timely manor. Thanks for all of the support this forum has provided us!

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Gentlemen,

I love this car. From the get go even when a few naysayers complained about it being Lotus based I said I wanted one and had I the money I would buy one. The Shelby Cobra is based on the AC Ace but that doesn't make it any less special. Ditto the 1965 GT350 being Mustang based. Make me a yellow one!!!

Chip

Wwabbit

GT Owner
Mar 21, 2012
Knoxville, TN
It is indeed an interesting and fun car. Just keeps showing us that there is a car for every taste and type of adventure. +1 on what the mile speed would be. Congrats to the men from Texas.

Mar 15, 2006
Thanks for the kind words guys. The Venom GT is a very close cousin to the Ford GT in many ways. And we are very proud of this connection. I am especially proud of how both cars represent what is great about America - that we are allowed to dream big and achieve big.

Last edited:

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
This. Concern about future availability to source parts.

Is it true that they used the same tranny as the GT?

DGCA

*Supporting Vendor*
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2007
Southern California
Yes, we use the same gearbox as the Ford GT.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
Yes, we use the same gearbox as the Ford GT.

Is that why they are in such short supply?

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
That is awesome :cool Congratulations :cheers