Why are Lambo's so Darn expensive

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
I doubt that there is one USA member that has not been impacted by this economic crisis.

It's hitting hard in the UK too. I have several residential properties for sale that are just not moving - millions tied up in them too. Not good!

On the upside, I cleaned my GT the other day and it's looking rather warm and shiny tucked up in the garage whilst it pours with rain outside...

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Lots of lives being effected. Time to get back to fundamentals.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
On the upside, I cleaned my GT the other day and it's looking rather warm and shiny tucked up in the garage whilst it pours with rain outside...

H'mmmmmmmmmmmm...I said that a lot. Are you SURE you don't live in Washington State???

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
H'mmmmmmmmmmmm...I said that a lot. Are you SURE you don't live in Washington State???

The weather is just awful here at the moment, heavy rain - and the track gets muddy. Like you, I like keeping it looking new. :biggrin

On the basis that photos of GT's are always welcome here.....

L1000135copy.jpg

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
The weather is just awful here at the moment, heavy rain - and the track gets muddy. Like you, I like keeping it looking new. :biggrin

L1000135copy.jpg

It's EXACTLY the same here right now, Neil. In fact, it's been coming down so heavy most of the river's in the area (and there are several) are now going over, or have gone over, their banks. Aaaaah, the fall. 'LOVELY season.

NICE PIC by the way! :thumbsup

Cyclenirvana

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 7, 2006
Winston-Salem, NC
Sad thing here is the largest Lambo dealer, Lambo of Orange County had their doors padlocked two days ago... tough times.

They are stunning machines and with Audi like quality control.

Sounds like the closure may not have been related simply to sales...
http://www.leftlanenews.com/worlds-largest-lamborghini-dealer-shuts-its-doors.html#more-11234

Gulf GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 9, 2006
California
Orange County Lamborghini has been purchased by the old owners of Newport AutoSport (before it was sold to Desert European). They are going to reopen in a couple months.

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Lake Las Vegas, Henderson, NV

L1000135copy.jpg

Great pic!!

Weather was one of my prime reasons for moving to Cali. Even when it rains here it usually always clears at some point in the day to bright sunshine. My mood is directly affected by how much sunlight I see. Cali sunshine is one of the reasons I am such a happy guy. :biggrin

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
It rains here most of the time.

I am a happy guy.

If I moved to Cali, I'd probably explode. :biggrin

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
It rains here most of the time.

I am a happy guy.

If I moved to Cali, I'd probably explode. :biggrin

The weather in Cali is great, but some other things leave a lot to be desired.

Gulf GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 9, 2006
California
The weather in Cali is great, but some other things leave a lot to be desired.

C'mon, legalizing prostitution has to have some benefits...

RV King

GT Owner
Mar 20, 2007
Laguna Beach, CA
I went to the auction to buy a Boxter S for a friend of mine - way over rated in my opinion. But to stay on topic, 3 2004 Lambos ran yesterday while I was in the driveline and none of them could get a bid of $120K - Shocking to say the least

Sam, Has there ever been a German that was not over rated in your opinion?
:frown:frown:frown:frown

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
Sad thing here is the largest Lambo dealer, Lambo of Orange County had their doors padlocked two days ago... tough times.

They are stunning machines and with Audi like quality control.

As one door closes, another opens...

Attachments

• new_001.jpg
    new_001.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 83

djs

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 7, 2007
"What's really scary is that the worst is yet to come. What will things be like in one year? Comparisons to the early 1990's crash of supercars?"

Right on it, Gulf GT. From a timing standpoint, when every high end auto maker is on the verge of offering the same new product, a super luxury performance sedan, you know the end is near. Remember the supercar mid engine euphoria of the early '90s epimotized by the Jag XJ220 that was, what $500 large back then? The whole supercar market went bust just in time for the first two years of Clintonomics, which were absolutley ass backward times. Now, Porsche, Aston Martin, and even Lambo are either offering or talking about super sedans that are going to cost God knows how much, but generally a lot more than an MB S63, in a market that already has the aforementioned MB cars plus Bentley, RR and the super mods by Fisker, etc. Me thinks these things will be but a pipe dream for all but the most well heeled buyer. Can anyone say Maybach?

However, these also makes me think that Ford was dead on with their plans about the GT. Get in, make it right, sell each one, get out. No bull$hit, no monkey biz, no marketing headaches. Can you imagine Ford trying to justify and sell 2000 $160,000 cars in this economy? This may be the best thing to happen to GT owners, even though current prices will dip. Other cars will probably come down more dramatically because of supply issues, while the GTs (except for those that are already in the salvage stage) remain a once in a lifetime-halo car.