jj1987

Jun 9, 2006
Ford%20GT1.jpg

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
The orange car is a Stillen prepared race car. Stillen also has a shop which does work on GT's and offers many performance upgrades for our cars. Good guys. :thumbsup

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
I have met Kyle Millen of Stillen (based locally in Southern Ca), and each time he has shown a strong interest in our cars and owners. I have not yet had the opportunity to work with Stillen, but I am pretty certain that I will in the future.

jj1987

Jun 9, 2006
That color scheme is AMAZING!

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Looks even better in person.

That color scheme is AMAZING!

It's a neat vehicle with a lot of cool purposeful details done to it.

IMG_5133a.jpg

IMG_5114a.jpg

IMG_5107a.jpg

IMG_5111a.jpg

Mad Max

Apr 7, 2006
SE Michigan
I have met Kyle Millen of Stillen (based locally in Southern Ca),

So is it fair to say you chillin' with Millen from Stillen...like a villain...?:biggrin

427Aggie

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2005
Frisco, Tx
Note of interest here guys. It would be interesting to see what Stillen has added to the car. This is one of the CP cars that Ford built for testing. The shell in carbon fibre weave was done at the factory and how our cars should have looked :( I don't know who added the rollbar but saw several CP cars that had them.

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
What an education!

After the cars and coffee event on Saturday morning at the rally most of us were tired and I considered skipping the Stillin event to take a nap. I'm glad I didn't as it turned out to be one of the most educational events at the rally. I not only saw my first Dyno run, I was given an in-depth explanation of braking systems, clutches, and suspension components. The six piston AP racing brake system along with a two-piece rotor and top-of-the-line Penske gas nitrogen coil overs are now on my Christmas list. They also showed us a new heavy-duty clutch for the Ford GT they have been developing that is not quite ready for sale yet. Hopefully I will not need a new clutch soon but when I do this item will be a must-have as well. For Ford GT owners looking for a performance parts supplier, Stillin has an advantage that no other performance shop has. They are actively involved in racing the Ford GT, stressing the car and its components to the breaking point. They know where the weak spots are, what works, and what doesn't. I believe that racing really does improve the breed. The guys I talked to at Stillin were clearly auto enthusiasts and I was impressed with both their professionalism and their facility.

Chip

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
So is it fair to say you chillin' with Millen from Stillen...like a villain...?:biggrin

You are Mad, Mr. Max...

I was gellin...Like a felon...

Thanks for the info Chip. I missed the Stillen facility this time around, sounds like a great time. Looking forward to the coming developments. Great stuff.

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
Orange-Aid

After the cars and coffee event on Saturday morning at the rally most of us were tired and I considered skipping the Stillin event to take a nap. I'm glad I didn't as it turned out to be one of the most educational events at the rally. I not only saw my first Dyno run, I was given an in-depth explanation of braking systems, clutches, and suspension components. The six piston AP racing brake system along with a two-piece rotor and top-of-the-line Penske gas nitrogen coil overs are now on my Christmas list. They also showed us a new heavy-duty clutch for the Ford GT they have been developing that is not quite ready for sale yet. Hopefully I will not need a new clutch soon but when I do this item will be a must-have as well. For Ford GT owners looking for a performance parts supplier, Stillin has an advantage that no other performance shop has. They are actively involved in racing the Ford GT, stressing the car and its components to the breaking point. They know where the weak spots are, what works, and what doesn't. I believe that racing really does improve the breed. The guys I talked to at Stillin were clearly auto enthusiasts and I was impressed with both their professionalism and their facility.

Chip

I have worked in the OEM & Aftermarket auto businesses. There are guys who supply parts for a living. There are guys who 'tune' for a living. There are a few guys who supply/make parts and even understand how to make 'em work - Stillen fits into that last catgory. :thumbsup

While most took the 200 mile drive on Friday, I spent the day with one of the other forum members who scheduled some last minute work at Stillen. First class - nothing less than personal attention from Steve Millen the entire afternoon! What a great and knowledgable guy, and his team is great!

Ordinarily, I wouldn't let my car out of my sight (read: Empty Pockets), but I'd certainly have no issue with this fellow! I really look forward to seeing them succeed with their Ford GT and the new line of Amercian muscle (Mustang) developments! I think he needs a branch office in Detroit :cheers